The NBA Draft Thread

The team that beats the Warriors in a 7-game series is going to be a team with extreme length at all positions on the floor. A team that is scrappy. A team that can go inside/out anytime and be effective at it. A team with the type of balance that can run with the Warriors but at the same time be physical with them on the defensive end - a team that can rotate all five guys at any of the Warriors' players and not suffer a drop-off defensively because all five guys can guard any of the Warriors' players.

This is what gave the Showtime Lakers trouble from '88-'90 - the Bad Boys Pistons had all kinds of multi-position players with length that bothered Magic, Worthy, Kareem. John Salley (7'0") but could play SF or PF and block shots like crazy, Rodman (6'8") defensive stopper deluxe, Mahorn (6'9"), Aguirre/Dantley (6'8"), Laimbeer (6'10"), Edwards (6'11"), etc. Not to mention Joe Dumars one of the best defensive shooting guards of his era. 

This is the type of team Magic is building in L.A. - just take a look at the types of players Magic/Rob drafted. Players who have all kinds of length (Ball, Kuzma, Bryant) and can get out on the fast break, and one hard nosed 6'5" guard who isn't the fastest, who doesn't jump the highest, but can shoot, penetrate, draw fouls, and is a proven winner in college, a player with character, and one who plays consistently tough defense (Hart).

Add what's already there with Ingram (length) and Nance (length), then possibly PG13 this year and who knows, Lebron in '18 and next thing you know the Lakers are equipped with the recipe to give GSW all kinds of problems.

Last edited:
Hornets GM Accidentally Introduced Draft Steal Dwayne Bacon As Dwyane Wade! 

DDK_EbzVwAE75B7.jpg

I don't even know what you guys are arguing for. As long as there aren't injuries, nobody is beating GS with klay, Steph, KD, and draymond. It's over. The next couple years they are champs. Lebron and kyrie couldn't even win 2 games. The Cleveland team wasn't terrible. They steamrolled the east. And they lost in 5 to the warriors.

I don't even know what you guys are arguing for. As long as there aren't injuries, nobody is beating GS with klay, Steph, KD, and draymond. It's over. The next couple years they are champs. Lebron and kyrie couldn't even win 2 games. The Cleveland team wasn't terrible. They steamrolled the east. And they lost in 5 to the warriors.

GM LeBron ain't gonna just roll over this year. Whether it's trading for PG or what he's going to find some way for them to make moves. And if the Celtics find a way to get two of Hayward/PG/Blake to add to their team then that's going to be a really good team too.

Adebayo, potential as a starting 5 someday? Don't think he'll ever be a starting 4

TT ceiling maybe? Hope his 3-pt shot has actual potential, feel like Heat got Darko'd 

He's considerably bigger and longer than Faried. If he could equal Faried's motor...then he's going to make alot of money. 

Meh. Maybe I'm being too hard on him because I'm a UK fan, but I just really wasn't a fan of him all year long. There was nothing he did all year really that jumped off the screen and made me think he'd be a great NBA prospect.

GM LeBron ain't gonna just roll over this year. Whether it's trading for PG or what he's going to find some way for them to make moves. And if the Celtics find a way to get two of Hayward/PG/Blake to add to their team then that's going to be a really good team too.

Exactly. It's not like GMs will just stop trying. lol

All it takes is a little bit of luck and a hot streak and everything can change. I mean look at Dallas in 2011.

Not to take anything away from GS's first championship but they got EXTREMELY lucky with Memphis and OKC having season ending injuries for their star players.

Also this year with Kawhi being injured (ok, maybe that was more intentional than lucky) but that's all it takes. GS has been extremely lucky by not having any serious injuries which is very much a rarity. The finals loss Curry was not 100% and it really hurt them.

Teams need to be ready to strike when the opportunity presents itself, I am not wishing injury on anyone, but that's all it takes + a Draymon suspension for their season to slip.

Who ends up the better player in the long run...Brown or Tatum? 
I think Brown has the higher ceiling.

Even though I do think you are right, I think we should watch Tatum play to make any assumptions. I guess the fair question would be who was the better prospect before getting drafted, Brown or Tatum?

I'd think Boston would have choses Tatum and Brown to slip to the 7/ 10 spot.

As in Raptors PG Lowry? I didn't even realize he was a free agent. Lol

If he goes there that helps a lot.

Giannis is an able playmaker but I don't think he should be a full time playmaker. He needs someone to help him out.

But Bucks still need shooters on the wings.

He is. Just looked at their cap and they barely have any.

Maybe they would have better luck to trade Monroe and get B.Knight back.

If they can work their magic, they should shed out come salary and should be going to B Knight or George Hill.

iono but i believe tatum will always be light years ahead of brown on offense
I can agree somewhat with that because I think Tatum has FAR superior footwork and is much more polished, however, Jaylen can just do certain things because of his strength and elite athleticism that Tatum can't.

Even though I do think you are right, I think we should watch Tatum play to make any assumptions. I guess the fair question would be who was the better prospect before getting drafted, Brown or Tatum?

I'd think Boston would have choses Tatum and Brown to slip to the 7/ 10 spot.
Tatum was the better prospect coming out of college. Looking back on Jaylen coming out of college now though, it's easy to see that the system he was in at Cal was not doing him any favors. He wasn't a bad shooter in high school and then when he went to Cal, his percentages weren't good at all. Now in the NBA with improved spacing and whatnot, he's an average shooter after one year.

Last edited:

Exactly. It's not like GMs will just stop trying. lol

All it takes is a little bit of luck and a hot streak and everything can change. I mean look at Dallas in 2011.

Not to take anything away from GS's first championship but they got EXTREMELY lucky with Memphis and OKC having season ending injuries for their star players.

Also this year with Kawhi being injured (ok, maybe that was more intentional than lucky) but that's all it takes. GS has been extremely lucky by not having any serious injuries which is very much a rarity. The finals loss Curry was not 100% and it really hurt them.

Teams need to be ready to strike when the opportunity presents itself, I am not wishing injury on anyone, but that's all it takes + a Draymon suspension for their season to slip.

If Cavs execute during the last minute of Game 3, series is 2-2 and who knows what happens from there.

The game isn't played on paper, anything can happen. Teams need to continue doing what they can to get better, beat GS, and shoot their shots, not play this "wait and see" game over the next couple of years.

If Cavs execute during the last minute of Game 3, series is 2-2 and who knows what happens from there.

The game isn't played on paper, anything can happen. Teams need to continue doing what they can to get better, beat GS, and shoot their shots, not play this "wait and see" game over the next couple of years.

In the only game they won, they had to score 50 points in the first quarter to do it. That team is no where close to the warriors level

In the only game they won, they had to score 50 points in the first quarter to do it. That team is no where close to the warriors level

Quote me where I said they were close.

You seem to have missed the point of my post. Cavs were supposed to get washed 2 years ago as well and we see what happened - anything can and DID happen.

If there's anything I've learned about sports, whether as a spectator or playing it at a high level, is that it's so unpredictable and anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Take your shot.

And that's a fair assessment. Stuff can happen though. People really thought that KD could miss the rest of the season with the injury he had. If he's out for the playoffs, the Warriors are getting washed by the Cavs, if they are even able to make it to the Finals in the first place.

I dont see it with Jaylen. He reminds me alot of Marcus Smart. In terms of a very good role player, but shouldnt be one of your 1-3 options. Boston has a good track record of drafting solid role players.

They gotta start adding these tier 1 free agents though or start making trades. There is no way players like Rozier or Crowder should be holding you back from adding a Jimmy or Paul George.

I dont see it with Jaylen. He reminds me alot of Marcus Smart. In terms of a very good role player, but shouldnt be one of your 1-3 options. Boston has a good track record of drafting solid role players.

They gotta start adding these tier 1 free agents though or start making trades. There is no way players like Rozier or Crowder should be holding you back from adding a Jimmy or Paul George.
He's going to be a 20PPG scorer with high level defense once he's in his prime and gets to play 32+MPG.

He's ******* 19-20 Shuddduppp about your predictions on a kid lmao this new NBA is different. Jaylen brown averaging 20 someday is perfectly reasonable. Stop acting like he can't score. **** is stupid

Last edited:
If brown is a consistent shooter, like he's shown flashes already. He's going to be years better than Smart. I think he's got a Kawhi like potential to get better. Now he most likely won't be that good but he's ceiling is very high.
Flame me. I don't care.
He's on a team that will allow him to grow correctly.

Last edited:
If brown is a consistent shooter, like he's shown flashes already. He's going to be years better than Smart. I think he's got a Kawhi like potential to get better. Now he most likely won't be that good but he's ceiling is very high.
Flame me. I don't care.
He's on a team that will allow him to grow correctly.

Nah you're right fam. Jaylen has the tools. Wether it all comes together is up to him and the situations he's in. That's all you can ask from a player with his potential

Him and Tatum can be lethel. I'm sure a lineup with Smart - Bradley - Brown - Tatum - Horford will be used and I'm interested to see the results.

Last edited:
He's a strong, high level athlete, with high motor and bball IQ. He's shown that he has the ability to get to the rim and that he can be an average shooter. The tools are all in place. Just needs to keep improving.

Back
Top Bottom