The NBA Draft Thread

I dont see it with Jaylen. He reminds me alot of Marcus Smart. In terms of a very good role player, but shouldnt be one of your 1-3 options. Boston has a good track record of drafting solid role players.

They gotta start adding these tier 1 free agents though or start making trades. There is no way players like Rozier or Crowder should be holding you back from adding a Jimmy or Paul George.
He's ******* 19-20 Shuddduppp about your predictions on a kid lmao this new NBA is different. Jaylen brown averaging 20 someday is perfectly reasonable. Stop acting like he can't score. **** is stupid

Lol **** you and your predictions. He'll be playing behind someone as long as he's in a Celtics uniform. Especially if they get Hayward or PG. A bunch of players have all the tools, he's a good player but expecting him to be a 20+ PPG player (pretty much a multiple all star) not gonna happen as a Celtic. You could tell who has "it" and who doesnt. Jaylen will not be a 20+ ppg scorer.

Last edited:
Lol **** you and your predictions. He'll be playing behind someone as long as he's in a Celtics uniform. Especially if they get Hayward or PG. A bunch of players have all the tools, he's a good player but expecting him to be a 20+ PPG player (pretty much a multiple all star) not gonna happen as a Celtic. You could tell who has "it" and who doesnt. Jaylen will not be a 20+ ppg scorer.
:lol:

I dont see it with Jaylen. He reminds me alot of Marcus Smart. In terms of a very good role player, but shouldnt be one of your 1-3 options. Boston has a good track record of drafting solid role players.

They gotta start adding these tier 1 free agents though or start making trades. There is no way players like Rozier or Crowder should be holding you back from adding a Jimmy or Paul George.
100%

I legit have nothing against him or the Celtics. Ofcourse I want him to be good, but fans gotta temper their expectations

I legit have nothing against him or the Celtics. Ofcourse I want him to be good, but fans gotta temper their expectations
What do you think he's missing exactly that will prevent him from ever becoming that kind of scorer?

He's 19 tho. When you have such a high ceiling...what exactly does it mean to temper expectations? 

Go back far enough on here and see what people used to say about Greek Freak and what his "realistic" expectations were. 

These are literally kids. They're learning on the fly. How good they become is completely up to them..

Good to see the Jaylen support here. I'm a Lakers fan but I think the kid can pan out to be a very effective NBA player. If he gets that jumper down and gets a littttle better at creating in the lane, his athleticism and length will handle the rest.

I see jaylen or Tatum getting shipped if they somehow land Gordon...Like somebody said Boston gotta get another tier one offensive weapon

Last edited:
What do you think he's missing exactly that will prevent him from ever becoming that kind of scorer?

Consistency and a go to move. He's really not great at anything. Good slasher and has shown he's good at getting to the FT line. He reminds me a lot of Wilson Chandler. Very good role player, but def not a go to scoring option. Which in a way you kinda have to be (unless you're a great shooter) to average 20+

Last edited:
I was impressed by that tape. Brown is near can't miss, athletic, long, and high motor. Regardless, a rook getting minutes on a top seeded team is impressive. He'll start when they are ready for the finals contention. 

Last edited:
Better FG% than Wall, Lilliard, Booker, Melo

More game winners too (Last season)
Yeah I have nothing against Wiggins. I'm mostly just saying that I don't see why Jaylen couldn't be a 20PPG scorer in year 3 if he got an opportunity to hoist up that many shots a night. These guys that have that kind of size and athleticism that can shoot somewhat decently are just going to get there.

Yea because he doesn't have 3-4 other guys taking his minutes. Talent without opportunity is a waste
He will be a starting SG playing 30 min a night for a 60 win team if the Hayward signing and George trade both go down. He'll be fine.

Wouldn't be shocked one bit if Stevens starts Brown next year. He ******* loves that kid lol

Back
Top Bottom