The NBA Draft Thread

Honestly it really just depends on what you're looking for.

If you're young, rich and famous and wanna smash/wife up a Kardashian type of chick and be all over TMZ and **** all the time then sure NYC/LA/Miami has exactly what you're looking for. If you want some low-key sexy chick that nobody knows then you can find that in any NBA city or outside suburb. Living in NC I can tell you Charlotte has more than enough of those type of chicks that are successful in their own right and you could smash without it being publicized all over the internet the next second after leaving your apartment with them.
Nah, that's just not true.  Especially as a woman you're more likely to come to NYC or L.A. to find success in any career.  As a lawyer, banker, advertising, marketing, design, creative, whatever.  That's just a fact.  Definitely not North Carolina.
Relax buddy. There's a world outside of NYC believe that.

Honestly it really just depends on what you're looking for. If you're young, rich and famous and wanna smash/wife up a Kardashian type of chick and be all over TMZ and **** all the time then sure NYC/LA/Miami has exactly what you're looking for. If you want some low-key sexy chick that nobody knows then you can find that in any NBA city or outside suburb. Living in NC I can tell you Charlotte has more than enough of those type of chicks that are successful in their own right and you could smash without it being publicized all over the internet the next second after leaving your apartment with them.
Nah, that's just not true.  Especially as a woman you're more likely to come to NYC or L.A. to find success in any career.  As a lawyer, banker, advertising, marketing, design, creative, whatever.  That's just a fact.  Definitely not North Carolina.
Relax buddy. There's a world outside of NYC believe that.

He's got a point though. Most if not all the women I've met in undergrad or grad school want to go to a city like NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago etc. They prefer those cities over the smaller ones for numerous reasons. They usually end up in other places (DMV, NC, etc) because that's where they receive job offers.

Last edited:
Point of what? Based on the chicks you met? Like somebody said Charlotte is a major headquarters if not the big dog for the banking industry.

But anyway. Back to basketball talk.

Last edited:
Why are you guys only bringing up females for quality of life.  Theres way more to quality of life than that and most young multi millionaires want to live in a major international city rather than Utah unless they're an avid outdoorsman like a Karl Malone, Randy Moss type that can be happy hunting/fishing/camping all the time.  If you're like Matt Barnes who says there isn't nightlife out there and want to go out almost every night then you don't want to live in Utah.  If you want easy alcohol accessibility it's not a good place to live.  For a lot of the black players theres other issues like finding a good barber etc.  And a lot of white players wouldn't want to live in Utah because it comes down to a lifestyle thing, Pau would hate it there since he likes to go out on the town for Operas, broadways, fine dining etc. 

Sometimes NT veers off with the stupidest topics.  There are women EVERYWHERE.  You act like these players need a different girl for every load they shoot.

Dwight has like 8 baby mamas playing in Orlando.  Relax fellas.

Back to the draft

Charlotte is the big dog of the banking industry? LOL you cant be serious.

But you're right back to basketball.

I dont think NYC is #1 anymore, but outta curiosity I wanna see a list with NC in the top 10.

Last edited:

Sometimes NT veers off with the stupidest topics.  There are women EVERYWHERE.  
I swear to god I wanted to say this earlier but just left it alone 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Adebayo, potential as a starting 5 someday? Don't think he'll ever be a starting 4

TT ceiling maybe? Hope his 3-pt shot has actual potential, feel like Heat got Darko'd 
If he actually puts in work and learns then you got a soild player...he has the base skillset/size/athleticism combo that big men like D Jordan and Gobert came in with ..they just had to learn their roles and get a better feel for the game like Bam does

I think that's the biggest things for kids to learn early on is to know your role. That's one thing coaches and even players are aware of once they reach this level, but arrogance takes over for most. Guys like Deandre and Gobert understood early on and excelled while also improving other aspects of their game

It took TT a good three years before he figured his role out. Because that Cavs team was so bad, he had the luxury to experiment. Coach tried to have him have more of a scoring role but that clearly failed. I think it's more important to go through that trial and error to know what you are not and that's how you find out what you are.

Dandre wanted a bigger role in Dallas and I think it would have hurt him in the end. As long as her is approaching it with the right mentality, he should be fine. Dwight is the worst in terms of letting ego get in the way. He can be Tyson Chandler on steroids for a championship team if he embraced his role, but now you have him becoming a journeyman trying to shoot 3s :x

That statement about Dwight is facts. Let's see if he ever embraces that role for the better of his team.

I'll take girls in Charlotte, Wilmington, Raleigh and Charleston over most of the entire country.

In the middle
Of relocating to charlotte for a position at BAC. Defintely love it down in charlotte coming from a northeast dude.

Living in Denver now but eyeing ATL for my next move, and being close to charlotte is a great bonus [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

The south in general is taking over.

Last edited:
What's BAC?
Banc America Corp

Interesting tidbit: I used to work for Bank of America. I once had an angry customer trying to tell me we weren't Bank of America and hadn't been for some time. He was saying Bank of America is Nation's Bank and the quality of service has been poor for so long. I thought he was just bay **** crazy, but one day I had some down time and decided to research what he was saying. Sure enough Nation's Bank, whose HQ is in Charlotte, bought out Bank of America but assumed the name because of name recognition. So Bank of America's HQ moved from SF to Charlotte in 1998.

Banc America Corp

Interesting tidbit: I used to work for Bank of America. I once had an angry customer trying to tell me we weren't Bank of America and hadn't been for some time. He was saying Bank of America is Nation's Bank and the quality of service has been poor for so long. I thought he was just bay **** crazy, but one day I had some down time and decided to research what he was saying. Sure enough Nation's Bank, whose HQ is in Charlotte, bought out Bank of America but assumed the name because of name recognition. So Bank of America's HQ moved from SF to Charlotte in 1998.
Didn't know this.

Wells and US Bank also did this.

Back
Top Bottom