The NBA Draft Thread

If D'Lo is fine with being a 6th man after next season I think he may find his niche.

Do you feel the same way about Julius Griffin? In terms of him being a laker in the future

Randle is likely gone, I don't think they'll give him that extension, caveat being they're able to unload both Deng and Mozgov's deals. Which is highly unlikely. Ingram right now seems to be the only untouchable guy and from all reports they're really fond of Nance Jr. and Zu. If Ball is the pick which is 99.9% right now I think he goes in that untouchable category with BI.

Was the Summer League schedule released before the Finals or draft last year?

chihuahua-15.jpg

I feel like ratsull and ball would be truly a unique back court, what are some of the other starting back courts that featured two guards that could switch back from either position

I'm not coming up with any at the moment

Last edited:
I saw a couple mocks where they got the Lakers doing just that. Is Leaf a stretch 4? Cause we could definitely use that.

Leaf ain't lasting that long

But yeah he can develop into a stretch 4

I'd be interested in dj Wilson for the lakers if he stays in, late in the first round. Take a chance on that possible versatility

Saw this other day. Lonzo with second highest TS % and lowest usage rate among guards since 2010. Bryce Alford jumped from 39% to 45% shooting percentage. Holiday jumped from 39% to 49%.

Last edited:
Exactly why I say ball really operated in a unique capacity at ucla

You could take those numbers and come to contrasting conclusions both good and bad imo

You could take those numbers and come to contrasting conclusions both good and bad imo
True. Efficiency usually decreases as usage rate increases, so Lonzo knows how to pick he's spot. I see why teammates love to play with him. 

Well two guys who weren't even top 50 prospects coming in are now projected first rounders. I think that leads some credence to the 'Zo effect' one would think. I really don't think all this leadership stuff is hot air with him which is something the Show is lacking desperately especially on a young squad.

TJ Leaf was actually the 16th ranked high school player in the country coming into UCLA.

Holiday was 88th in the top 100 coming into UCLA.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in on the Lonzo/Greivis talk. I was at UMD during the Greivis era, so I got to watch all of his games...

I do think the comparison has it's merits to a point. I don't think the passing ability is all that different between the two. Lonzo is a better shooter and is a quicker, bouncier athlete. Greivis was a FAR superior scorer off the dribble though and was very good in the PnR. You could rely on Greivis to get you a bucket when you needed it, and that even goes back to his freshman year. He wanted to be THE guy. That is something that I'm not quite sure I see in Lonzo.

Back
Top Bottom