the New Mustang vs the new M3

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Baller23217

IMO, M3 looks $28g better. Plus BMW interior > Ford
umm...hellz naw
laugh.gif

if performance # is identical and they both brand new cars, and da potential buy is fully informed on da stats, there's no way they

picking da M3...especially when it comes to maintainability after da warranty....

NT thinking =/= common sense

Originally Posted by Baltimore

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by Baltimore

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Good luck finding an NSX for $40K with 20K miles.
roll.gif

2a01bfp.png
$42.9k for an 10year old Acura/Honda.
laugh.gif

It's still an NSX...
grin.gif

Its still a 10 year old car that people mod for pure performance.

Performance = not everything.
Um you can get a nice exterior kit or rims and custom interior and it will be respected more than the m3 and mustang. Come on dude its a NSX
Respected eh?

These quotes come to mind:

"It's not about how you stand next to your car....it's how you drive your car..."

"NAWSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

"Too soon, junior
grin.gif
"

Mustang GT without question. 
Argue all you want, the return of the 5.0 makes the Mustang an instant classic.

The buyer that has M3 money to spend on a car could opt for the 2010 Shelby Mustang GT500 and still save thousands.

Some drivers like status, others like value.

keepzdasneakz wrote
Performance = not everything.
Um you can get a nice exterior kit or rims and custom interior and it will be respected more than the m3 and mustang. Come on dude its a NSX

Respected eh?

These quotes come to mind:

"It's not about how you stand next to your car....it's how you drive your car..."

"NAWSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

"Too soon, junior
grin.gif
"

In the first attempted quote i believe  its race not drive so that an L. And what does a Jetta and a S2K with nos spraying too soon have to do with this????

If I had that money I would get 2010 TL SH-AWD with sports package. Has only 305hp but its not like I'm going racing.

The new Z28>

projected specs:

supercharged LSA V-8
556 horsepower at 6100 rpm and 551 pound-feet of torque at 3800 rpm.
60 mph in 3.9 seconds
quarter in the very low 12s

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Originally Posted by KenJi714

m3 = instant class

mustang = ugly , cheap americans gas drinker

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
did you forget about "classic" american cars buddy? theres mustangs from the 60's that go for than 150k. NO ONE is going to remember an m3. i see early 90 mustangs that go more than 2005 m3s. typical euro jocker.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

believe me in europe things are diffrent...m3 will be legend

bmw>

- Where do I start?!!? 
nerd.gif

- BMW should be ashamed
eek.gif
; both of these cars primary selling point is phenomenal performance, and both deliver.  However, the Mustang is essentially (objectively speaking) the performance
equal of the M3 for basically 1/2 the price
eek.gif
.  I understand that the M3 handles better, but not 30K better; and the new Mustangs' handling/ characteristics /balance is vastly improved compared to the previous gen (2005-2009)

- The M3's interior is nice/adequate, but the M3 is clearly not selling interior refinement as the largest notch in its belt.  You can get the same interior for basically half the price in a lower model 3-series or something from Acura, Lexus, etc.  The point being that the interior does not make up that 30K price gap.  If you're selling performance at twice the price, you need to dominate all categories, clearly...and that is just not the case here.

- Reliability???!  If you look at an objective source, Consumer Reports (about as objective as you're going to get; considering that their data is obtained from the subscriber base...You and I) they have been ranking the American's above the German's in terms of reliability for years now
nerd.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
...Category: Problems per 1000 vehicles 

- In conclusion: I love both of these cars, but when your compare both head-to-head, something is clearly insufficient.  The Mustang appears to be a statistical bargain, while the M3 appears to take advantage of your finances/sensibilities.  I can buy that Mustang, a sick 'cycle and put a nice down payment on a house instead of simply buying the M3; assuming both are being purchased in full upon inception. 

- And if status is the issue, there's always the Shelby GT500, which is more comparable to the M3 in terms of price and certain to turn many heads.   Value/Performance/Style/Reliability/Reputation/Comfort/Interior/Overall Refinement/Cost to Own/Resale/etc.  Many factors to consider.  This was fun to discuss.

Performance

0 - 60 (sec)

0 - 75 (sec)

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph)

12.2 @ 114.7

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Specifications
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Drivetrain[/td][/tr][tr][td]Layout[/td][td]Front Engine, RWD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Transmission[/td][td]6 Speed Manual, Dual 250mm clutch[/td][/tr][tr][td]Final Drive Ratio[/td][td]3.55:1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Engine[/td][/tr][tr][td]Type:[/td][td]Supercharged and Intercooled V8

[/td][/tr][tr][td]Engine & Transmission[/td][/tr][tr][td]Displacement cu in (cc):[/td][td]5.4 liters[/td][/tr][tr][td]Power bhp (kW) at RPM:[/td][td]540 bhp at 6200 rpm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM:[/td][td]480 lb-ft. @ 4500 rpm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Redline at RPM:[/td][td]6250 rpm

[/td][/tr][tr][td]Exterior[/td][/tr][tr][td]Body Type[/td][td]2 Door, 4 Seat Coupe[/td][/tr][tr][td]Curb Weight[/td][td]est. 3900 lbs.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Base Price: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500: Est. $45,000

2011-Ford-GT500.jpg

Ford-Mustang_Shelby_GT500_2010_photo_1a.jpg

9FordShelbyMustangGT500.jpg

[h1]
[/h1]

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Baller23217

IMO, M3 looks $28g better. Plus BMW interior > Ford
umm...hellz naw
laugh.gif

if performance # is identical and they both brand new cars, and da potential buy is fully informed on da stats, there's no way they

picking da M3...especially when it comes to maintainability after da warranty....

NT thinking =/= common sense

If I had the funds and had to choose one of these cars, I'm taking the M3 every time.  I'd even take the M3 over a Mustang with $28g in upgrades (rims, engine, exhaust, body kit, whatever)...

IMO, the exterior of the M3 is much more attractive than the Mustang.  I don't care if performance numbers are identical.  There's more to a car.

Plus I think it's safe to say that the M3 interior is more luxurious than Ford's.

Seriously guys

If you got the funds for the m3, are you really gonna choose the mustang? You cop the mustang when you can't afford the M

Back
Top Bottom