the New Mustang vs the new M3

Originally Posted by methedy23

- Where do I start?!!? 
nerd.gif

- BMW should be ashamed
eek.gif
; both of these cars primary selling point is phenomenal performance, and both deliver.  However, the Mustang is essentially (objectively speaking) the performance
equal of the M3 for basically 1/2 the price
eek.gif
.  I understand that the M3 handles better, but not 30K better; and the new Mustangs' handling/ characteristics /balance is vastly improved compared to the previous gen (2005-2009)

- The M3's interior is nice/adequate, but the M3 is clearly not selling interior refinement as the largest notch in its belt.  You can get the same interior for basically half the price in a lower model 3-series or something from Acura, Lexus, etc.  The point being that the interior does not make up that 30K price gap.  If you're selling performance at twice the price, you need to dominate all categories, clearly...and that is just not the case here.

- Reliability???!  If you look at an objective source, Consumer Reports (about as objective as you're going to get; considering that their data is obtained from the subscriber base...You and I) they have been ranking the American's above the German's in terms of reliability for years now
nerd.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
...Category: Problems per 1000 vehicles 

- In conclusion: I love both of these cars, but when your compare both head-to-head, something is clearly insufficient.  The Mustang appears to be a statistical bargain, while the M3 appears to take advantage of your finances/sensibilities.  I can buy that Mustang, a sick 'cycle and put a nice down payment on a house instead of simply buying the M3; assuming both are being purchased in full upon inception. 

- And if status is the issue, there's always the Shelby GT500, which is more comparable to the M3 in terms of price and certain to turn many heads.   Value/Performance/Style/Reliability/Reputation/Comfort/Interior/Overall Refinement/Cost to Own/Resale/etc.  Many factors to consider.  This was fun to discuss.
Good argument and it does seem like the Mustang is a better buy and it probably is but BMW offers luxury and luxury isn't suppose to be a logical purchase. 
Like I said earlier, for a comparable price, I'd take the 335i over the Mustang with 100 less hp and chances are it will still be more fun to drive for me.

Plus Mustangs and most American cars selling point is their pricebeing much lower. 

If Ford can sell the Mustang for comparable price to the M3 and most people actually buy it, I am pretty sure they would.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Reliability >_

Have you ever owned a BMW?  There's a reason why everybody sells before 5 years are up...
Bingo.
exactly, but people wanna fall for da "luxurious interior" okie doke
laugh.gif

someone said it best, luxury isn't logical, i prefer to spend my money on things i can clearly see making a difference.

domestics are cheap to maintain, so da GT or da GT500 choice would be paying dividends years after its paid off and out of warranty.

RFX45 said it all

Luxury isn't logical. The BMW is more expensive because of its name. You are paying for branding like any other luxury brand.

If im dropping that much im taking a 2010 Camero SS

I dont like either and a s amatter of fact I dont like BMW's, but the M3 can take corners, while the Mustang is only good on straight roads.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Originally Posted by KenJi714

m3 = instant class

mustang = ugly , cheap americans gas drinker

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
did you forget about "classic" american cars buddy? theres mustangs from the 60's that go for than 150k. NO ONE is going to remember an m3. i see early 90 mustangs that go more than 2005 m3s. typical euro jocker.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Again. Only old ignorant patriotic American would drop 150k for a 1960s Mustang trying to relive their Woodstock day
laugh.gif
. Everyone know deep down the Mustang is a piece of junk metal
laugh.gif
. Any young modern car buyers would go for the M3. Come on man it's a BMW . BMW = status and $$$. You like the classic American look, hey go for it old man but you know American cars are crap.
laugh.gif

Euro > American any days it's not even fair for GM
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I dont like either and a s amatter of fact I dont like BMW's, but the M3 can take corners, while the Mustang is only good on straight roads.
FALSE

people rarely cross shop between these two brands/cars. but...

would you rather have an average looking girl (mustang) who gives great sex

or

an above average looking girl (m3) who gives great sex?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Seriously guys

If you got the funds for the m3, are you really gonna choose the mustang? You cop the mustang when you can't afford the M

i gotta agree. lets be serious NT.

I was looking at the Mustang on Motor Trend's Youtube channel yesterday, and it's nice. Almost 100 hp over the last joint is crazy. I'm a big fan of the M3 in E90 form and it'll be pretty hard to sway me away from that, but if I was offered a choice between the two the OP posted, I'd probably for for the 'Stang.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

people rarely cross shop between these two brands/cars. but...

or

That's all subjective whether you like it or not, some people will like how the mustang looks over the m3 and vice versa.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Reliability >_

Have you ever owned a BMW?  There's a reason why everybody sells before 5 years are up...
Bingo.
laugh.gif

someone said it best, luxury isn't logical, i prefer to spend my money on things i can clearly see making a difference.

domestics are cheap to maintain, so da GT or da GT500 choice would be paying dividends years after its paid off and out of warranty.

Whats so luxurious about the interior anyway? Are we talking about furniture or a car here?
laugh.gif

mondaynightraw wrote:
Seriously guys

If you got the funds for the m3, are you really gonna choose the mustang? You cop the mustang when you can't afford the M
I would buy two cars vs the BMW.

or

The second girl is only good fr 5 years though.

the funniest part of this thread is that it's based around "look the mustang is/almost as fast AS the M3 but cheaper" not the other way around. you buy an M3 because it's an M3, not because it's a cheap substitute

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Seriously guys

I disagree.  A lot of people, especially older people buy the car they like, not the most expensive car out there. 

Maybe the buyer wants a high torque Big V8 and not a small V8 that he has to rev to 7000 rpm's to feel the power. 

I'm coppin the M3, it's a gawd damn M3. Let your avg hick copp the lil pony, ill be chillin fine in my M3
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Seriously guys

I disagree.  A lot of people, especially older people buy the car they like, not the most expensive car out there. 

Maybe the buyer wants a high torque Big V8 and not a small V8 that he has to rev to 7000 rpm's to feel the power. 
Or maybe the buyer wants an all around gt? over a drag strip queen?

Sold rear axle F T L

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Reliability >_

Bingo.
laugh.gif

Whats so luxurious about the interior anyway? Are we talking about furniture or a car here?
laugh.gif

mondaynightraw wrote:
Seriously guys

or

damn, not ONE of you sounds like they have a clue what they're talking about and the last cat i quoted (rko) just sounds like a straight up BMW hater. and yes I HAVE owned BMWs and have friends and family with BMWs all over 140k miles. Ford? really? I'm not even one of them cats that have a problem with domestic cars but damn, FORD?!
laugh.gif
come on, the maintenance may be way more on a BMW but are ya'll REALLY trying to say Ford has a better track record than BMW? ...nahhh, you guys can't be that clueless.

buy what you can afford. don't hate on the other

Seriously guys

If I got 50gs, the Mustang is NOT on my radar. I don't care how fast it is or if it can shoot rockets out it's *%#. Hell, even for upper 30gs it's still not on my radar, but that just me
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

If I got 50gs, the Mustang is NOT on my radar.
Do you have 50gs or are you that kid saying, if I was rich I'd have 3 airplanes, 10 Maybach's and a gold plated toilet.  I'm just saying...

Originally Posted by GorgeousGangsta

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Reliability >_

Bingo.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

mondaynightraw wrote:
Seriously guys

or

damn, not ONE of you sounds like they have a clue what they're talking about and the last cat i quoted (rko) just sounds like a straight up BMW hater. and yes I HAVE owned BMWs and have friends and family with BMWs all over 140k miles. Ford? really? I'm not even one of them cats that have a problem with domestic cars but damn, FORD?!
laugh.gif
come on, the maintenance may be way more on a BMW but are ya'll REALLY trying to say Ford has a better track record than BMW? ...nahhh, you guys can't be that clueless.

buy what you can afford. don't hate on the other

Nobody is hating. I have an opinion on cars. I'd take two cars I dig over the bmw. I'd take a Mustang over a lot of cars. It was one of the first cars I ever wanted. I honestly could careless about BMWs. If I was going for a high end car brand, I'd go with Lexus because they appeal to me way more.

Back
Top Bottom