The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the last 10 years if You could have 1 Coach, GM and Free agent/Trade/Amnesty redo who would you choose?
The simplest answers are usually the right answer.
Don't trade away great players for Melo when he is available months away in free agency. That move was so short sighted and plunged us from a decent/good team to the historic lows we are seeing now.

Did we really trade away great players for melo lol… they seem like role players honestly… I agree though definitely short sighted being he was a free agent in the summer anyway… but theres no guarantee you sign him also so its all hypothetical really…the move that hurt a lot imo was amnestying billups just to sign Tyson… crazy cuz we picked up billups option for no reason… coulda used that amnesty on amare but that wasn’t an option anymore…

The simplest answers are usually the right answer.
Don't trade away great players for Melo when he is available months away in free agency. That move was so short sighted and plunged us from a decent/good team to the historic lows we are seeing now.
I think that's the big one. Still bring him in FA of course, but don't leave the cupboard bare. We would have entered the Melo years with a lot of flexibility and some good young pieces. Guys like Gallinari and Chandler did go on to have nice and productive careers, **** even Mozgov played an important role on a Finals team.

The Bargnani one is also incredibly painful because that was a lottery pick.

Overall is this the worst the team has looked, on the court, this decade? It's got to be up there.

I'm not looking at the past .....

I'm looking present and future.

We learned from the past to not give long term contracts to mediocre borderline Tier 1 or over the hill players. We will go into next year with a lot of flexibility.

However, we still havent figured out how to hire a COACH.

I think if we can get a developmental coach, that will instill discipline and get these young guys going we will be fine. At least competitive.

Letting go of Mike Woodson and trying to implement a triangle with subpar Coaches lead us to this.

Not the Melo, not the Billup not the Bargani but bad coaches .... Rambis, no "D" Antoni with no offensive players, Fisher, Fiz .....

I'm not looking at the past .....

I'm looking present and future.

We learned from the past to not give long term contracts to mediocre borderline Tier 1 or over the hill players. We will go into next year with a lot of flexibility.

However, we still havent figured out how to hire a COACH.

I think if we can get a developmental coach, that will instill discipline and get these young guys going we will be fine. At least competitive.

Letting go of Mike Woodson and trying to implement a triangle with subpar Coaches lead us to this.

Not the Melo, not the Billup not the Bargani but bad coaches .... Rambis, no "D" Antoni with no offensive players, Fisher, Fiz .....

i will agree that the only thing our FO has done is not give all these FA multi year deals. they all have team options, with the exception of Randle who is locked in for the next 3 years. if we can get the right coach and players, Randle can still be useful. he's just playing like an *** this season, since i guess hes expecting to be the #1 guy and is trying too hard. he was not like this last year.

^ its like a revolving door with this team... different players, coaches and gm's through out the years but same results lol...

All I know is Dolan is about to throw crazy money at Masai or Presti.

Cant wait to see Mike Miller start coaching too. Everyone in the G league is about themselves tryna get a job, so a G league championship is more impressive than it sounds strictly from a team standpoint.

source.gif

very true but look at it this way. Mills and Perry have no excuse when the team continues to be trash, it's the roster they hand-picked

Im not gonna lie, when you put it like that, I like where you’re going w/it.

I told Fiz last night he shoulda quit in the post game conference but mfers don't want to listen, now look at him.

Back
Top Bottom