The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

Carlisle's basically a calmer version of Skiles, meaning the players wouldn't tune him out like they did Skiles..

I still agree with you about the players stepping up their game though, that's the most important thing. But I'm not even sure if Ben Gordon will beback next year...

It appears we have a new head coach. D'Antoni is our guy. It is just a few minor things and everything should be done. I am happy. Anything is better thanSkiles. The PHX players seemed to like D'Antoni and our players didn't like Skiles. I think this is going to work out for the best. The East is alwaysgoing to be wide open. Hell the Hawks gave the Celtics fits and it should have been a sweep going into it. This team has guys that can defend when they need toand adding a dynamic offensive mind is only going to help.

i never been a fan of D'Antoni he teachs NO defense and crys to the refs WAY to much. inless we get a bigmen that can score downlow i dont see his offenseworking for us anyways.

Originally Posted by aRog27

I'm not gonna take this below mediocre #%$*%#+! again.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're a Cubs fan, that's all you know
pimp.gif

I think BG, Tyrus, and Noah should all excel in this type of offense. It will allow Tyrus to show his athleticism and if he cant shine in this offense then hemight as well get out of the NBA all together

Originally Posted by jmause3

I think BG, Tyrus, and Noah should all excel in this type of offense. It will allow Tyrus to show his athleticism and if he cant shine in this offense then he might as well get out of the NBA all together

what about

thabo-sefolosha-beats-warriors-2-28-07.jpg

D'Antoni Wants To Coach Bulls
Mike D'Antoni | Suns
After reportedly interviewing Denver Nuggets assistant Mike Dunlap on Saturday, John Paxson was in Phoenix on Sunday and Monday to meet with Suns coach Mike D'Antoni.

Word out of Phoenix is that D'Antoni told Paxson he wants to be the Bulls' next coach.

As much as D'Antoni might want to take over the Bulls' bench, Paxson may have to be convinced that he will emphasize defense and hold young players accountable for mistakes, two things Kerr reportedly believes D'Antoni did not do enough this season, which ended for the Suns in a first-round exit at the hands of the San Antonio Spurs.

The fact that Steve Kerr and Paxson remain close and are like-minded in their basketball philosophies could make D'Antoni a longer shot for the Bulls' job than Avery Johnson. -- Chicago Sun-Times

# If nothing else, Paxson is staying true to his word to keep this critically important search wide-ranging and open-ended. Not many searches travel from relatively anonymous Nuggets assistant Mike Dunlap to the high-profile D'Antoni within a wild 24 hours.

But Paxson, in his only public comments to date, also stressed he wanted to hear various philosophies and how different candidates viewed Bulls personnel. And Paxson will get plenty of honest background on D'Antoni from Kerr, a friend and trusted confidant. -- The Chicago Tribune

# A league source confirmed that Johnson is scheduled to interview with both the Bulls and the New York Knicks this week. It's unclear whether Phoenix would seek compensation from the Bulls if they want to hire D'Antoni. -- Arlington Heights Daily Herald

# D'Antoni favors the Chicago opportunity. His coaching style and chances at immediate success would fare better with Chicago's roster, which features a former USA Basketball point guard, Kirk Hinrich, and a roster of versatile wings and big men, including players the Suns have fancied in the past, such as Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha. -- The Arizona Republic

# Knicks president Donnie Walsh had a reservation last night at a Phoenix hotel and was expected to have dinner with D'Antoni. A source said Bulls president John Paxson met with D'Antoni Sunday night, and Chicago appears to be the favorite.

A source close to D'Antoni told The Post yesterday, "Mike doesn't have his mind made up either way. He's excited about both places. Mike wants to go to a place where he can make the biggest impact." -- New York Post

Free Money would fit his system just right on offense and defense cause he can move him around Marion style. he needs a jump shot tho.

Bulls Make Major Moves.....On the Broadcast Team
The news that Johnny "Red" Kerr will have a reduced role on Bulls telecasts next season did not come as a big surprise Tuesday.

The Bulls' decision to revamp their entire broadcast lineup did, however.

Out are play-by-play voices Wayne Larrivee, who handled Bulls games for WGN-Ch. 9, and Tom Dore, who worked the games for Comcast SportsNet. Neil Funk willmove over from the radio side to handle the television call for both outlets.

Chuck Swirsky, a former sports personality for WGN-AM 720 and current television voice for the Toronto Raptors, will replace Funk as the play-by-play man onWMVP-AM 1000. He will team with analyst Bill Wennington.

Kerr, meanwhile, will be host for the Bulls' pregame and halftime shows on television for games at the United Center. He also will serve as the team'sofficial ambassador.

Kerr, 75, felt the rigors of NBA travel and a full schedule were more than he wanted. As a result, Stacey King will work solo with Funk as the televisionanalyst.

Kerr has been with the Bulls as a coach and analyst for 36 years.

"I'm 75," he said. "You wear down. I got a little tired last season. I think the season we had also had something to do with it."

Steve Schanwald, the Bulls' executive vice president for operations, said the decision to make a change with Larrivee and Dore was based on a desire tohave one play-by-play voice for all the television games.

"We have wanted it for a long time," Schanwald said. "We just decided to pull the trigger on it now. I think it's very important that oneindividual be identified as the voice of the Bulls on TV. I can't say enough good things about Wayne and Tom. But we wanted one voice and didn't wantto choose between them."

Instead, the Bulls went with Funk, who is regarded as one of the best play-by-play men in the business.

Dore, a Chicago-area native who had been with the Bulls for 17 years, was extremely disappointed. He had hoped to finish his career with the team.

"I had a great run, and I got to work with a guy (Kerr) who has been my best friend for a long time," Dore said.

Swirsky never expected to be with the Bulls. He is extremely popular in Toronto, where he has a three-hour Monday-through-Friday radio show in addition to hisTV duties for the Raptors.

Swirsky said the decision to accept Schanwald's offer was all about coming back to Chicago, where he worked at WCFL, WLUP and then WGN from 1979 to 1994.

I've enjoyed Wayne Larivee on WGN since the good days in the early 90's. I still cant belive he does packergames though. The man stays busy, and I guess thats why he was let go.

I could do without Tome Dore, but ughh Stacy King in an increased role???? good god....Neil Funk has been the radioguy since the early 90's as well. It'll be weird seeing him on TV.

Red Kerr has been doing Bulls games forever too.

Oh well

^ ya red like had food in his mouth always
laugh.gif
...... but stacy king full time = (stoneface)....i was getting tired of wayne too.

anyway...Hopefully mike will get a contract soon. I want him because we were putrid offensively and he would do a world of good. How many times did we go 5-6min without a field goal? how many times did we score 10 points in a quarter. This team was a joke offensively and he is a guy who can change that.

Knicks have made an offer. The Bulls offer is to follow and come by Sunday at the latest ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3387873

"In their latest round of discussions with Mike D'Antoni's camp, the New York Knicks on Thursday outlined the lucrative parameters of the five-year deal they're prepared to give their new No. 1 coaching target, according to NBA coaching sources.

The corresponding proposal from the Chicago Bulls -- the team many still favor to land D'Antoni -- is expected by Sunday at the latest, sources said." [h1]Sources: Knicks ante up, D'Antoni waits for Bulls' counter[/h1]

Updated: May 9, 2008, 2:49 AM ET

In their latest round of discussions with Mike D'Antoni's camp, the New York Knickson Thursday outlined the lucrative parameters of the five-year deal they're prepared to give their new No. 1 coaching target, according to NBA coachingsources.

The corresponding proposal from the Chicago Bulls -- the team many still favor to landD'Antoni -- is expected by Sunday at the latest, sources said.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh, through a team spokesman, said Thursday night that the Knicks have not offered "anyone" a coaching contract. Butsources close to the process insisted the Phoenix Suns coach, who celebrated his 57th birthdayThursday, has had advanced discussions with the Knicks about leaving the desert for Manhattan.

D'Antoni will naturally wait to hear what the Bulls present before continuing or breaking off his dialogue with New York, given his well-establishedinterest in the Bulls' opening and D'Antoni's standing as Chicago's top choice.

But the latest estimates on the five-year package New York is prepared to formally put on the table fall in the $30 million range. Although that figure hadbeen projected Wednesday by coaching sources to be even more "staggering," it's a level of annual compensation exceeded by only a few coaches inthe game, such as Phil Jackson and recent retiree Pat Riley.

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, quoting a source close to D'Antoni, reported on SportsCenter early Friday that D'Antoni is leaning toward takingthe New York job.

It remains to be seen how high the Bulls are willing to go financially in comparison and how much security their pitch will afford. The Chicago Tribunereported in Thursday's editions the Bulls are determined to "pay D'Antoni only on their terms" and won't engage in a "protractedprice war" with the Knicks.

Questions surrounding the Bulls' willingness to spend for a coach of D'Antoni's caliber have been circulating for days, thanks largely to the $4million Chicago still owes Scott Skiles for next season. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf authorized a $5 million farewell payment for Skiles after firing him onChristmas Eve that -- unlike in most NBA coaching arrangements -- was not wiped out by the new four-year, $18 million contract that Skiles received last monthfrom the Milwaukee Bucks.

But sources close to the process contend D'Antoni remains determined to go to Chicago as long as the Bulls assemble a quality offer. D'Antoni isscheduled to earn $4 million and $4.5 million in the final two seasons of his Suns contract.

It was widely assumed -- even by the Knicks to some degree -- that New York's emergence as a rival to Chicago was pursued by the D'Antoni campstrictly to get the Bulls to make a more substantial bid. That perception is changing. The word Thursday night in NBA coaching circles suggested thatD'Antoni is ready to team up with Walsh if his talks with the Bulls dissolve.

It's believed the chase will extend through the weekend, with Monday serving as an unofficial target date for D'Antoni -- and the Suns -- to knowwhere he'll be coaching next season.

The Suns want to accelerate their own search but have resisted contacting prospective candidates until they know D'Antoni has a new job. It'sunclear what would happen if D'Antoni can't reach an accord with the Bulls or the Knicks, since Phoenix refuses to fire him and pay off the rest of hiscontract and since D'Antoni won't walk away from the money. But sources indicate Suns management -- as D'Antoni has been saying privately for days-- has no interest in trying to bring him back as coach given the public deterioration of his relationship with his bosses and an even more public crusade tofind a new job.

It's still unclear who Phoenix will pursue to replace D'Antoni. Team president Steve Kerr insists he's years away from considering a coaching job, TNT analyst DougCollins said Wednesday night he has "no interest" in being a head coach again in this league and NBA coaching sources told ESPN.com the Suns do notplan to consider recently fired Dallas coach Avery Johnson, who also appears to aback-burner candidate at best in both New York and Chicago.

The Bulls are expected to pursue a less experienced (and thus less expensive) alternative to D'Antoni, namely Boston Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau, if a deal can't be struck.

New York, meanwhile, will almost certainly turn to Walsh's original favorite in New York -- Knicks alumnus and ESPN analyst Mark Jackson -- if D'Antoni resists the Knicks' lucrative pitch, perhaps as early asnext week.

have fun with Chuck "i only want to talk about sandwiches but not the play by plays during game time" Swirsky.
finally could watch raptors game without turning mute.
laugh.gif
the same 10 orso set phrases he kept re-using thru out games were horriflying to hear.

"nothing but nylon!! ____ (insert player name)"
"are you kidding me?!!"
"ring it up from downtown ____(insert random town/city name) to ____(insert random town.city name)" when a 3's connected
"salami and cheese ball game over"
indifferent.gif

ok not even ten set phrases.....

we will not get good players, we will not get impact players, we will not get big time players.

face it.

we're cheap, we are in the NBA for the money, not for the Win.

thank god if we keep Deng and Gordon, thats is the best we can get...

^ seriously
smh.gif

I was hoping for Elton to opt out & come back, but there ain't no way in hell that cheap $*% Reinsdorf is gonna give him a max deal that he'sprobably looking for.
smh.gif
We just have to get lucky in the draft..

I'd like someone who hasn't coached in the league before. I'll take Mark over Avery.

Back
Top Bottom