The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just about to post they approved it. It’s and 11 year deal that’ll expire in 2030.

The way the market has been fluctuating because of the coronavirus and what not, think they just wanted some kind of stability.

10 years deal to players with a 3 year career average, seems like a finesse

wayy too many classes within the unions for the union to ever get legit real strength

that 17th game salary.. hell even Preseason games for certain folks are huge

Jerruh can’t be happy.. dak will get the franchise tag and then dudes could lose some important folks

Dudes really agreed on a rushed 10 year CBA forced on them that the players had little or no input on?

I get your average player voting yes on it for the immediate benefits knowing their career likely won't last long but I can't see it still looking like a good deal a few seasons into it with revenues continuing to increase.

Seen that if revenues from broadcast deals increase by 120%, players get an extra 0.3% while if it increases by less, they won't have any change in their share...

Dudes are gonna stay being envious of NBA and MLB players for the next decade still, the owners won again as per usual. They've got the weakest union in pro sports by far

the players did bad job and i think the union is too close to owners.......MLB has toughest union.....NFL weakest

players will not EARN 49% of revenues.........they have chance to but if owners CHOOSE not to spend and no penalty for having cap space how do they EARN 49% of revenues....

again OVER half a BILLION unused cap space in 2019........AGAIN if owners HAD to spend the half billion in either end of year bonuses to players or put into pension fund THEN YES they get their fair share or revenues....

to make it simple......half billion end of year in players pockets/pension rather than owners.....if that happened end of 2019? ..... all the cap space today around the league? that number is exactly the same .......watch it will be 600 mil that doesnt get spent this year

the carry over the money spent is not a carry over at all........this is a carry over.....50 mil not used in cap space in 2019? ok those saving go towards 2020......since colts didnt spend 50 mil because they were under the cap they can go over the cap by 50 mil in 2020.....thats a true carry over........

Kinda of this story about fred: fred has 5000 to spend on vacations per year.....well in 2019 he didnt spend 5k on vacations guess what he can now carry that money over to 2020! congrats fred......fred: awesome! i get to spend 10k on vacations this year.......no fred you only get to spend 5k.......or if you have job that allows carryover of vacation time.....some jobs let you carry over vacation time.....fred gets 10 vacation days a year..... but fred didnt use 10 he used 5.....ok his company said carry over the 5 fred.....then next year fred uses 10 days attempts to use 5 more and his company says whoa slow down fred the limit is 10....what happens to those 5 days? the company keeps them.....thats how cap space is robbing the players...

...the next 11 years every dollar in used cap space AND many dollars from dead cap space will go into owners pockets.......

its funny CBA complete before new TV deals.......why do you think that is?????

BAD BAD DEAL

NOT true 49% revenue sharing........the players WILL not EARN 49% of revenue.....NOPE

Last edited:
As a football fan I guess extra games,more playoff teams and no lockout should be a plus but I hate to see the players continue to catch L's in the long run when they're part of the most lucrative sports league in the world.

They deserve a lot more of the pie for what they put their bodies and minds through yet are always seemingly satisfied with getting the crumbs when the league wouldn't exist or be anywhere near as popular without them

Air273 Air273 it ain’t about players being too close to the owners.. cause the average football team ain’t really that close to even the head coach.. you see your position coach and then get together with the head of your side of the ball most of the time

unlike baseball, football doesn’t get those guys in from young and get them in line to strengthen the union and ultimately build for the future

most nfl guys that 17th game check matters way too much.. also the potential of a playoff game check

The main guys/stars probably need to get together and force things

As a football fan I guess extra games,more playoff teams and no lockout should be a plus but I hate to see the players continue to catch L's in the long run when they're part of the most lucrative sports league in the world

I just don’t get why extra bye week for everyone isn’t obvious, so 1 first half of season and 1 2nd half

and 17 games? who is getting that extra home game? let me guess the good teams from previous year!?!?

why not make it 18 games with 2 byes OR 14 games with more playoff games?!

they should have done 18 games 2 byes 1 pre season game.......2 mini camps June for rookies to 3 year players then july for vets for 2 weeks then august camp opens AND true 49% revenue split......

Last edited:
As a football fan I guess extra games,more playoff teams and no lockout should be a plus

This is all that’s needed bro :lol: I’m not gonna sit around worrying that a dude with three Lambos in his mansion driveway doesn’t get an extra mill here or there and has to play one extra game per year

Amari gone for sure.

I mean and it ain’t just them 2

Robert Quinn was good for them, maliek collins is an underrated dude and will probably get pretty good money.. Byron Jones, obviously

This is all that’s needed bro :lol: I’m not gonna sit around worrying that a dude with three Lambos in his mansion driveway doesn’t get an extra mill here or there and has to play one extra game per year
:lol:

Like I said for most fans it's a win but I'm the type that'll side with labor over management more often than not even in multi-billion dollar industries so I can't help but think of the deeper and long term implications of most CBA's.

That's just me though 🤷‍♂️ , won't knock the fans who are happy with more football even if I thought the prior setup was perfect either

and 17 games? who is getting that extra home game? let me guess the good teams from previous year!?!?

why not make it 18 games with 2 byes OR 14 games with more playoff games?!

they should have done 18 games 2 byes 1 pre season game.......2 mini camps June for rookies to 3 year players then july for vets for 2 weeks then august camp opens AND true 49% revenue split......

nah.. should keep it at 16 games, and then you add the extra 2 playoff teams (so 1 to each side)

cut to 2 or 3 preseason games..

but you add the extra bye week, which gives you another week of games to sell

16 works now, because most races are locked up by then outside of couple divisions and wild cards

league will increase revenue as is with new tv deals.. but they could technically add stuff to the schedule which should help that would give them more to sell

like my personal view is weeks 1-4 there should be 2 Monday night games.. BUT there should be no Thursday games weeks 2-4.. then you use teams coming off of byes for Thursday games.. then when byes end you switch to Saturday gamees, because that’s when college season is ending anyways

but league is going make bank off of streaming services.. and cable networks are going pay because that’s all that’s really saving that model, hence why they’re pumping so much into the broadcasters.. also I assume Monday night football gets moved to ABC to give it a bigger platform

also CBS has to be a crap load since they lost the SEC to ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom