THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

Dak looked okay. Played well above a 4th round draft slot... But still would like to see us take chances on offense.

Zeke was mediocre. Great TD run though. Line wasn't great either.

Defense was horrible.

Move Brice Butler up the depth chart. Drop TWill to ST or something.

All in all to lose by 1 is somewhat encouraging. Would have given Dan a chance to win if TWill just gets out of bounds.

Last edited:
Yeah. It was a good performance. Like I said well above a guy who was a 4th Round Pick.

But there was very little chance taking. Whether they were trying to protect him from making mistakes. It was check down, underneath routes. He had a lot of time. To not have any chances with the amount of time he had in the pocket and on TOP is the same thing Weeden was doing.

Am I encouraged? Absolutely.

Do I really like Dak? Yes. I think there is potential there.

But it was an okay start.

Last edited:
Yeah. It was a good performance. Like I said well above a guy who was a 4th Round Pick.

But there was very little chance taking. Whether they were trying to protect him from making mistakes. It was check down, underneath routes. He had a lot of time. To not have any chances with the amount of time he had in the pocket and on TOP is the same thing Weeden was doing.

Am I encouraged? Absolutely.

Do I really like Dak? Yes. I think there is potential there.

But it was an okay start.

I feel you. He took plenty of deep chances with Dez but Dez could not beat his man one on one.

I think overall they will get better asoon they play together more as the season goes on.

TWill was at the 47. Probably could have gotten to the 45 going OOB.

I'd give Dan a decent chance at 62 yards.

Damnit Terrance

That and Beasley dropping that pass in the 1st.

Last edited:
tired.gif

I feel you. He took plenty of deep chances with Dez but Dez could not beat his man one on one.

I think overall they will get better asoon they play together more as the season goes on.

Yeah Dez couldn't get open, I'm not sure why he wasn't running short routes or why it wasn't any plays to try and get him in the open field.

I also think Morris should have got more carries... I know Elliot is the future but Morris had 35 yards on 7 carries and was running hard.

Dak played it real safe and if he could have connected on some of those Dez passes over the top would have helped his confidence.

the defense..... We are going to have to depend on the offense going on long drives and chewing the clock because our defense has major holes.

Overall I'm happy with what I saw and think that this is going to be a fun year!

I kinda want them to let dak get out on the edge also where he can run or pass to make the defense commit someone to him.

Dez needs to get open

Let's not overreact after one game, a game that could have been won if not for a few mistakes.

Last year it took a last second throw by Romo to win the game and we could have easily lost that game.

I've been reading the message boards and the overreactions are funny, Dez sucks, bench Ezekiel, Dak is Brandon Weeden.

I feel like the running game was a let down, even last year with those bum backup QBs and no Dez, Darren McFadden was tearing it up. Today, the Giants ran the ball better, who would have figured that Shane Vereen would be the best performing RB today.

Last edited:
Dak isn't Brandon Weeden. Nor what I said. If someone said he was Brandon Weeden that's kind of funny. But They were playing him like Brandon Weeden. That's a difference.

Last edited:
Dak isn't Brandon Weeden. Nor what I said. If someone said he was Brandon Weeden that's kind of funny. But They were playing him like Brandon Weeden. That's a difference.

Nah. I'm not talking about you. Some people on the message boards are saying that.

They did play him like Brandon Weeden on the 3rd and 10+ yards. A screen pass to Witten, the slowest player on the field. At least do a screen to Lucky Whitehead

Last edited:
I feel like zeke was running hard but wasnt patient. The td he slowed down and saw the cut back and once he hit it no one is stopping him.

This bend but try not to break defense is the only thing i think needs to change. Other than that it was a good week to coach up the players.

7 rounds of defense in next year's draft
should of done that this year. 
Byron was pretty good last year. For some reason they're rolling him in as a platoon with Wilcox & Church
mean.gif
mean.gif
 Wilcox is hot trash
why is Dez only running fly routes?
i notice this on the last drive. i love dez but he really needs to step it up and have a big year this year. he will open up the field for everyone if he does. don't drop **** that you should catch and none of that crying for the ball. 

i have said it since the draft, i didn't hate Zeke pick but games like this show you can try to ball control the other team all you want if you cant stop the other team when we need to. Then what?

We had a chance in the to add starting talent this year in the 1st and 2nd round on defense and we didn't.

Scandrick is so garbage and TWill is an idiot. It was rough walking out of the stadium with those giants fans :smh:

Im not happy, nor am I mad. If they clean up some of those mistakes, and dropped passes. They will beat the Skins...

Im not happy, nor am I mad. If they clean up some of those mistakes, and dropped passes. They will beat the Skins...

Pretty much. When we get chances to score TDs we have to take advantage because i think moving forward red zone TDs will be a growing pain for Dak, unless he starts running it in himself down there more often.

Watching Brown tonight makes me even more disappointed at Dez. Brown knows how to get open, makes up for Big Bens bad passes, and doesn't complain.

On the last drive Dez was wide open to the right on one of the plays and dak just didn't see him.

Back
Top Bottom