THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

They did play him like Brandon Weeden on the 3rd and 10+ yards. A screen pass to Witten, the slowest player on the field. At least do a screen to Lucky Whitehead

Word, Witten is gonna make the catch, but he's not gonna make the play; so a screen to Witten? Reminded me of garrett's old playcalling.

I feel like zeke was running hard but wasnt patient. The td he slowed down and saw the cut back and once he hit it no one is stopping him.

I feel the same. the O line did well with pass blocking and for Morris, but for Zeke, it was like something was up. Maybe let the play develop and then hit holes hard. I don't think he'll have another game like that again.

My thoughts on Dez and how he is used. Dez needs at least 8-10 targets a game. only 2 of those targets need to be fly routes when it's a 1on1 situation or desperation time. He shouldn't only be expected to come down with spectacular catches. (so close)

I see the other great WR getting balls (pause) in many different positions and routes on the field. 25+yards in the air is not gonna cut it. let those kind of throws/plays be called to keep the defense honest.

Dak did his thing, not mad, wish we could have converted on one of the early drives.

DEFENSE.

We still not getting pressure (lot of folks suspended). But we need to get more pressure, and I think we need to blitz more. but my next point is why I HOPE we didn't blitz.

Im not gonna even knock our DBs, Beckham and Cruz are great WRs, our DBs did what they could, never mind the other young boy that the giants got. They got a lot of talent.

Hope Scan gets completely healthy.

Although I was pissed, I think we can take away a few good things from this game.

washington next.

Kei'Varae Russell got cut by the Chiefs... Would be a smart chance to make a claim on waivers. We need all the DB help we could get. While he did not look good in Training Camp/PreSeason, he is still a mid-round talent and is a rookie. AND he played with Jaylon at ND.

Do we really need a 4th Running back behind Zeke, Alfred & Lance... Is there really a reason to have Darius Jackson?

Last edited:
Word, Witten is gonna make the catch, but he's not gonna make the play; so a screen to Witten? Reminded me of garrett's old playcalling.
I feel the same. the O line did well with pass blocking and for Morris, but for Zeke, it was like something was up. Maybe let the play develop and then hit holes hard. I don't think he'll have another game like that again.

My thoughts on Dez and how he is used. Dez needs at least 8-10 targets a game. only 2 of those targets need to be fly routes when it's a 1on1 situation or desperation time. He shouldn't only be expected to come down with spectacular catches. (so close)

I see the other great WR getting balls (pause) in many different positions and routes on the field. 25+yards in the air is not gonna cut it. let those kind of throws/plays be called to keep the defense honest.

Dak did his thing, not mad, wish we could have converted on one of the early drives.

DEFENSE.

We still not getting pressure (lot of folks suspended). But we need to get more pressure, and I think we need to blitz more. but my next point is why I HOPE we didn't blitz.

Im not gonna even knock our DBs, Beckham and Cruz are great WRs, our DBs did what they could, never mind the other young boy that the giants got. They got a lot of talent.

Hope Scan gets completely healthy.

Although I was pissed, I think we can take away a few good things from this game.

washington next.

I love Dez, my favorite player. His issue is route running. Dez excells at everything except route runnning. That's why so many of his catches are contested. He needs to become a better route runner. Him physically trying to overmatch everyone will eventually catch up with him. He needs to start beating DBs mentally now.

If he'd run better routes, he'd be wide open or have far more separation.

Nice game!
Extremely impressed with Prescott, he doesn't make too many mistakes.

Dez played good

Elliot should not be the number 1 back. He played better this week but was close to single handely losing this game for us

Claiborne played well today.... what a surprise

I'll take the wins however they come.

Brandon Carr is still killing me and he took a paycut. :smh:

Still hoping they trade Leary & a 2018 for a mid round pick.

We will need at least 7 NEW starters on defense next year.

Compared to a # 2 WR on Offense.

Nice game!
Extremely impressed with Prescott, he doesn't make too many mistakes.

Dez played good

Elliot should not be the number 1 back. He played better this week but was close to single handely losing this game for us

Claiborne played well today.... what a surprise

That slide on 3rd down to keep the clock running on the last drive was huge. He could have forced something but trusted the process and the defense.

Mo had a hell of a game. He played very physical and made some big tackles.

If we can get a pass rush after week 4 when we get some of the guys back the defense might start to turn around. Still agree with 7 rounds of defense next year though

Last edited:
1-1. Still need the running game to get on track. This offensive line should be able to run out the clock at the end of a game and not depend on the defense to make a stop. Not being able to get 1 first down is inexcusable.

Dak played better this week and I expected him to look better in his second start.

Told yall that Dak should have been starting week 1. Let him learn and get better.

That slide on 3rd down to keep the clock running on the last drive was huge. He could have forced something but trusted the process and the defense.

Mo had a hell of a game. He played very physical and made some big tackles.

If we can get a pass rush after week 4 when we get some of the guys back the defense might start to turn around. Still agree with 7 rounds of defense next year though
I was super impressed with Dak's decision not to force anything on that play. Dak looking good under the lights thus far.

Yea,his decision making so far has been the one thing that has impressed me the most. That caught my attention the most during preseason. With his decision making, we are going to have a chance to win most games, especially if the running game gets going.

If you listen to him talk, he's just a smart guy. He understands the game of football better than many veterans.

Last edited:
Great win.

Our D is surely lacking upfront...we need to get pressure. Like a few have said, hopefully after the suspensions we get better.

That's what I mean when it comes to Dez, getting him the ball in different spots instead of bombs will (did) give us better production.

ZEKE PISSED ME OFF. Literally yelling sit his A!! on the bench. he played better, but fumbling in unacceptable let alone doing it twice. so glad (whatever coach did it) sat his A!! down. I think Morris should start the first series to let it sink in. Not gonna over react and not give Zeke his typical carries, but Dallas needs to finally start holding folks accountable.

Really impressed with Dak, 2 weeks in, so wont go overboard, but he is doing really well. Him and Beasley looking good. Did Wash put a lot of emphasis on Witten, besides the play actions (such great calls to start drives) witten didn't get much love. Lucky needs a run here an there...:nerd:

Happy we converted in the redzone, even if Dak had to run it in.

Scan not looking good in the replays we see. MO, good S!!! Byron Jones did great considering Wash TE's always kill us. Lee got in on a few plays (please stay healthy)

I am with yall that our defense FINALLY needs to become a priority.

As much as we have needed help on the Dline these past years, i dont think this team likes the idea of making a Dline pick in the first round. Seems like they do everything not to.

The fact that he dropped the appeal is the big thing IMO.

Cant speak for him obviously, but hopefully hes taking his addiction and rehab seriously. Gotta just hope he gets his life together, which is more important that football. Anything that he gives us on the field moving forward should be looked at as a bonus at this point.

I'm not Second guessing picking up Zeke, but i hope him fumbling twice won't be on his psyche too much. During practice, they need to swipe and punch at the ball whenever possible.

Last edited:
I think it was just a bad game. What makes me worry is that it was at such a bad time of the game which leads me to believe he wasn't focused. But ive seen players work on ball control and he should be fine.

Do yall think its time to stop taking risks with players like we do? Talent is talent, and sometimes it works, but Im hoping to start having a more disciplined culture.

...Zeke got me upset man...gonna save my thoughts, but most teams seem to be making due without star running backs, with our O line, did we really need a top tier pick on one. (Im overreacting hopefully)

Im not against taking troubled players but we cant have guys like Hardy around when we bring them in. Him working so close with Hardy definitely didnt help. The Cardinals brought Tyrann in but they had a strong support system with Peterson and other guys. We all knew it was only a matter of time McClain slipped up again but it just happened a year before our replacement plan was ready with Smith.

I personally wanted Ramsey over Zeke just because of this thinking. Hopefully he turns out to be something special. we've invested a lot in our offense, im just sick of the patchwork defense. Gonna need players at all three levels of the defense next year but we are also gonna need to address Terrance's spot at WR next year.

But on to this week, Bears is a must win with as bad as they look. Establish the run game and lets get Dak his first throwing TD. Alshon will be a good test for Mo

Back
Top Bottom