The Official Air Jordan XI Columbia Appreciation Thread

One of the biggest reasons I never liked these is because of how they look when they yellow.
It looks really bad IMO.

I think these will drop in 2015. 20 year anni of the XI.

We might have to put up with Retro +'s until then.

My boycot of JB still stands until these drop...Passed on a couple recent releases that I was very high on but it's principle at this point...In fact I'm salty enough at this point to start selling off my J's just because :lol:...

Really though it's dirty to drop the other OG color-ups + the CG's and then just up and skip these...But it is what it is I suppose...

They way cats on here are complaining about the midsoles getting dirty on the bred and about creasing and other minor problems they are in for it when these drop. This is probably THE HARDEST OF ALL SHOES IN "SHOEDOM" TO MAINTAIN. I think the youngsters are really biting off alot asking for these. And no matter how many pairs you buy half of them will start turning before you can rock them. So for whenever they come out cool but not really tripping.

I don't care if those white midsoles will eventually turn into "Laney yellow" as long as JB drop them I'm copping. I just need those Columbia bad boys badly. LOL

mad salty for no reason . pic is dope as *** to me
not salty at all, ive had 3 pair in my possesion at one point or another and sold one not too long ago and they were white all around, im just sayin this website couldnt find a decent pair to post up except these horrible looking things. Bad example of a great shoe but if this pic makes people not want to cop then im all for it so hopefully it calms down the hysteria (yeah right), im done with new 11s but will have to get me a pair of these when they release for sure.

This is for all of us who are tired of the Columbia’s being skipped year after year! It should have been a forgone certainty that this would be the year that this OG was finally retroed correctly!!

This is for everyone who wants Nike to finally give us a real Columbia XI retro! This is not for those who do not care for the shoe! Please do not show your immaturity by posting over and over why you do not like this shoe. One time will be enough!

If you’re like me and sick for these being passed year after year let it be known to the eyes that matter who happen to still look at this forum!

Hopefully this doesn’t get locked and a mod request for everyone to post in another generic thread. The NT of old would allow post like this to remain active! Let’s see if others remember that!
YEP. Still got mine fresh. BRING THEM BACK JB PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

They way cats on here are complaining about the midsoles getting dirty on the bred and about creasing and other minor problems they are in for it when these drop. This is probably THE HARDEST OF ALL SHOES IN "SHOEDOM" TO MAINTAIN. I think the youngsters are really biting off alot asking for these. And no matter how many pairs you buy half of them will start turning before you can rock them. So for whenever they come out cool but not really tripping.

co-sign.

I was in high school last time they came out and they aged terribly.

but i've learned how to maintain shoes(especially 11s) since then because of these.. I have silica on deck ready for these to come back..will be my unretirement/re-retirement shoe. No matter what year they do re-release :smokin

Just a guess here, but I think they're going to hold out until 2015. As far as holiday releases go, this is JB's ace in the hole. Not trying to say that these aren't dope, but you guys do realize what make them more special that any other XI mid right now, right? The fact that they haven't released is what make them special. Concords were grail status until December 2011. Now they're just common a*s everyday kicks you see all time.

My reasoning behind my 2015 assumption: JB has mastered the art of milking something for all it's worth. If this gamma colorway works out to their liking, then next year they'll cook up another new colorway, and if doesn't work out the way they want then, for 2014 I would not be surprised to see Jams come back. As unlikely as that sounds to many of you, is probably as unlikely as a next year Columbia release sounds to me. They barely waited 4 years to re-release the Varsity red colorway, and next year will be 5 years for Space Jams.

None of this may sound logical, but if logic held any ground in the world of JB, the Columbias would be releasing this December...........Just my 2 cent.

Last edited:
LONG OVERDUE YOU THINK THE POWERS THAT BE WILL EVER LISTEN TO THE FOLKS WHO MAKES THEM RICH??? MY GUESS NO NOT AT ALL. WHEN THERE NUMBERS START DECLINING (WHICH I HOPE IS VERY SOON)THEN THEY WILL PROBALY LISTEN.

Just a guess here, but I think they're going to hold out until 2015. As far as holiday releases go, this is JB's ace in the hole. Not trying to say that these aren't dope, but you guys do realize what make them more special that any other XI mid right now, right? The fact that they haven't released is what make them special. Concords were grail status until December 2011. Now they're just common a*s everyday kicks you see all time.

My reasoning behind my 2015 assumption: JB has mastered the art of milking something for all it's worth. If this gamma colorway works out to their liking, then next year they'll cook up another new colorway, and if doesn't work out the way they want then, for 2014 I would not be surprised to see Jams come back. As unlikely as that sounds to many of you, is probably as unlikely as a next year Columbia release sounds to me. They barely waited 4 years to re-release the Varsity red colorway, and next year will be 5 years for Space Jams.

None of this may sound logical, but if logic held any ground in the world of JB, the Columbias would be releasing this December...........Just my 2 cent.

Read the thread. They were already confirmed for 2014.

When these do release I hope they really make the sole blue like its supposed to be. Something tells me it'll be the same bluish tint we have been getting on the new 5s etc. That was my peeve with the 2000 retro. They had such a dull blue they ended up fading really fast. This is a shoe that should be released every 5 years or so. They simply don't stay fresh any longer than that, even ds.

When these do release I hope they really make the sole blue like its supposed to be. Something tells me it'll be the same bluish tint we have been getting on the new 5s etc. That was my peeve with the 2000 retro. They had such a dull blue they ended up fading really fast. This is a shoe that should be released every 5 years or so. They simply don't stay fresh any longer than that, even ds.

God, I hope the sole is true-to-OG Carolina blue. Once again, JB owes it to us

Just as long as they drop these sometime soon, I'll be content. Stop playing JB!!!

Been wanting these and another pair of space jams!

These will not drop in the winter/holiday time... More than likely will be an all star drop.

Back
Top Bottom