The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

What Ace retcon?

Mans had no feats in this flashback. He came to Wano when Kaidou and crew were all gone and fought Yamato to a draw after seeing how Kaidou was starving the island. Went back to Whitebeard begging for them to invade and got put down.

If anything Yamato got put on a higher level and now I wonder if she's stronger than Luffy.
She would have to be, to go toe to toe with ACE with the seastone cuffs on the entire time. now they're off.
it just seems like they're making ACE seem like he was true beast the whole time.

I think it was an accurate show of strength. He would have lost easily to kaido as said by WB and company. He was on part with Yamato it seems. I don't think it was a new level from what we saw in the past.

so the question now is how powerful is yamato?

She would have to be, to go toe to toe with ACE with the seastone cuffs on the entire time. now they're off.
it just seems like they're making ACE seem like he was true beast the whole time.
It made sense to me given Ace faced Yamato after getting to the new world before joining the WB pirates. So while the sea stone handcuffs were on its possible Yamato was stronger at the time.

I assume Ace kept getting stronger.

To me he was a beast most of the time. Oda just didnt show it. To me Ace was always way stronger than Luffy. Only thing that held him back on Marineford were those sea stone cuffs.

It made sense to me given Ace faced Yamato after getting to the new world before joining the WB pirates. So while the sea stone handcuffs were on its possible Yamato was stronger at the time.

I assume Ace kept getting stronger.

To me he was a beast most of the time. Oda just didnt show it. To me Ace was always way stronger than Luffy. Only thing that held him back on Marineford were those sea stone cuffs.

oh yea i know ace is way stronger than luffy. idk. the point im trying to make other than this kinda throws power levels off ....(i think).
questions arise kinda like
how powerful was blackpeard just with yami yami. now with WB earthquake power he should technically be untouchable.

how powerful is marco really
etc etc

oh yea i know ace is way stronger than luffy. idk. the point im trying to make other than this kinda throws power levels off ....(i think).
questions arise kinda like
how powerful was blackpeard just with yami yami. now with WB earthquake power he should technically be untouchable.

how powerful is marco really
etc etc
I dont think it throws power levels that outta whack.

Didn't BB beat the **** out of Ace without the yami yami fruit?

Then he got the fruit and beat the **** out of WB.

Marco is a bit of an unknown but as WB's first mate I think he's probably stronger than everybody except Big Mom and Kaidou. Not stronger than BB obviously.
Before Oda introduced it yeah, technically BB would be untouchable with 2 devil fruits but then haki got thrown in the mix.

Everything else seems pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Its getting crazy with Deku. Fam about to unlock all his powers in the last act of this arc.

Son got Spidey sense now.

I still feel it's early for Luffy to take on Kaido one on one.

He went straight from Big Mom to him and never really took on Big Mom for obvious reasons. This aint like CP9 where he had time inbetween somewhere to develop gears 2nd and 3rd.

I don't see how he wins unless scabbards injure the **** out of Kaido and he basically fights Luffy with a handicap.
I felt like Luffy should have lost to Doflamingo and Katakuri. Not sure how he was able to win those fights with his limited experience in his new abilities.

I will say that maybe my only complaint with the anime is how Luffy win these fights.

I felt like Luffy should have lost to Doflamingo and Katakuri. Not sure how he was able to win those fights with his limited experience in his new abilities.

I will say that maybe my only complaint with the anime is how Luffy win these fights.
Eh, well Luffy has gotten stronger. That was the whole point of the time skip training and him using haki and having special rare conqueror's haki.

I look at Doflamingo as what he always was, a shichibukai. So to me his power level was always within Luffy's reach. Of the original ones (who were worthy of the title) Luffy defeated 2 already. Most of them (not counting Mihawk or Kuma until we get their full backstroke) are pirates who failed in the Grandline/New World but were big enough threats to be bullies to other pirate crews.

Doflamingo just got that added boost of being a celestial dragon but nothing about him before that arc really said he was the strongest of the shichibukai. His status and position were based off the illegal **** he did in the underworld.

Outside of supplying smile to Kaidou I don't see how he was any different than Crocodile.

To me he was the best example Oda could provide to show where Luffy was at.

Katakuri seemed about right. Not like Luffy won easily.

I dont think it thross power levels that outta whack.

Didn't BB beat the **** out of Ace without the yami yami fruit?

Then he got the fruit and beat the **** out of WB.

Marco is a bit of an unknown but as WB's first mate I think he's probably stronger than everybody except Big Mom and Kaidou. Not stronger than BB obviously.
Before Oda introduced it yeah, technically BB would be untouchable with 2 devil fruits but then haki got thrown in the mix.

Everything else seems pretty much the same.

Yeah the power level's still make sense. BB was a candidate for the 2nd division seat before Ace took it, but decided not to in order to lay low. He also gave Shanks the scar before having the Yami Yami fruit. He beat Ace with the Yami Yami, but mentioned Ace was stronger than the rest of his crew. Ace did mention the hit from blackbeard did almost break his neck so he wanted to try and make it a long range battle, but BB was using his fruit to stop that.

BB was losing to WB tho at MF due to being reckless, then his crew stepped in. Would be interesting to see how it goes if they fight fresh, though BB didn't seem too confident. MF is honestly a terrible arc for gauging power levels though. Oda obviously hadn't fleshed out Haki yet and probably the rest of the power scale, and the top tiers were all holding back to a degree b/c they can't destroy the island.

Marco is an unknown. We basically haven't seen anything he can do. Haki doesn't change much with the BB equation I don't think. He was already able to be hit with his logia because it sucks in everything. Haki would multiply the damage and haki would help blunt some of the damage from the gura gura, but he never intangibility issue. He just got 2 super strong fruits on top of being already physically strong.

Eh, well Luffy has gotten stronger. That was the whole point of the time skip training and him using haki and having special rare conqueror's haki.

I look at Doflamingo as what he always was, a shichibukai. So to me his power level was always within Luffy's reach. Of the original ones (who were worthy of the title) Luffy defeated 2 already. Most of them (not counting Mihawk or Kuma until we get their full backstroke) are pirates who failed in the Grandline/New World but were big enough threats to be bullies to other pirate crews.

Doflamingo just got that added boost of being a celestial dragon but nothing about him before that arc really said he was the strongest of the shichibukai. His status and position were based off the illegal **** he did in the underworld.

Outside of supplying smile to Kaidou I don't see how he was any different than Crocodile.

To me he was the best example Oda could provide to show where Luffy was at.

Katakuri seemed about right. Not like Luffy won easily.

Yeah Luffy should have beat Doffy. Honestly it should have been over after he went gear 4 rather than having the thing where the haki runs out then he has to go G4 again to finish it, but Oda wanted to show off awakening to show there's more ways Luffy can still grow. G4 he had worked on for at least a year unlike G2 and G3, he should have been able to better gauge it and finish the fight in the time limit he had. Also seems like that time limit may not be relevant after whole cake since his haki has been improving.

The warlords levels vary wildly. I'll be pretty upset if Koby takes out Hancock, her crew doesn't seem impressive, but I think she's strong. One Piece is really wild, because the power levels are less set. Mindset and match ups are huge in these fights. An apathetic Crocodile used to coasting in Alabasta vs a hungry motivated Crocodile in Marineford was a huge swing in power. And now he's in the new world doing fine apparently.

Doflamingo was just a Crocodile that was able to execute on his plans. Their plans were basically the same in taking over a country and running an underground organization. Basically Crocodile 2.0 for the New World.

Katakuri I can see why people feel like Luffy should have lost this fight or didn't really win. Again it was more of a mindset fight than Luffy outright winning. Katakuri was enjoying having a rival, evened things up by stabbing himself, but he also took some hard G4 blows from boundman and snakeman, but it really came down to he respected and liked Luffy and the fight was freeing to him, so the end became a slug fest and battle of wills and that's not something Luffy is gonna lose.

BB was losing to WB tho at MF due to being reckless, then his crew stepped in. Would be interesting to see how it goes if they fight fresh, though BB didn't seem too confident. MF is honestly a terrible arc for gauging power levels though. Oda obviously hadn't fleshed out Haki yet and probably the rest of the power scale, and the top tiers were all holding back to a degree b/c they can't destroy the island.
The issue with MF was Oda's main goal was to kill off Ace for Luffy and to kill off WB to prop up BB.

With an event like that and how many big names were there wasn't any chance to flesh out power levels. I feel Oda kept it generally in place for where he wanted to go with certain characters; WB was the strongest but too old. BB was a notch below him but he got that Will of D. luck so he managed to steal his DF and win.

Marco is an unknown. We basically haven't seen anything he can do. Haki doesn't change much with the BB equation I don't think. He was already able to be hit with his logia because it sucks in everything. Haki would multiply the damage and haki would help blunt some of the damage from the gura gura, but he never intangibility issue. He just got 2 super strong fruits on top of being already physically strong.
I think Marco is right there as a notch under the yonkou (BB included since he and the rest of WB crew lost again) as a former 1st mate. Big Mom just ditched him cuz while she's stronger he would still be a handful and there are more pressing matters for her.

I think Luffy's specific conqueror's haki is gonna come in to play for him eventually beating BB. He's gonna learn something new that'll help.

But in the end it'll come down to a battle of wills and luck for those two. Right now BB has the extra DF and experience for why I think he's above Luffy.

Yeah Luffy should have beat Doffy. Honestly it should have been over after he went gear 4 rather than having the thing where the haki runs out then he has to go G4 again to finish it, but Oda wanted to show off awakening to show there's more ways Luffy can still grow. G4 he had worked on for at least a year unlike G2 and G3, he should have been able to better gauge it and finish the fight in the time limit he had. Also seems like that time limit may not be relevant after whole cake since his haki has been improving.
Yeah, awakened DF was a cool development to see and I think Doffy's awakened paramecia DF is the only one shown in story so far iirc. Makes you wonder if Luffy is just going to be able to turn his surroundings in to rubber or worse for him if BB is able to turn his surroundings in to darkness.

No chance Hancock loses to Koby. If anything that Luffy connections leads to her escaping.

The issue with MF was Oda's main goal was to kill off Ace for Luffy and to kill off WB to prop up BB.

With an event like that and how many big names were there wasn't any chance to flesh out power levels. I feel Oda kept it generally in place for where he wanted to go with certain characters; WB was the strongest but too old. BB was a notch below him but he got that Will of D. luck so he managed to steal his DF and win.

I think Marco is right there as a notch under the yonkou (BB included since he and the rest of WB crew lost again) as a former 1st mate. Big Mom just ditched him cuz while she's stronger he would still be a handful and there are more pressing matters for her.

I think Luffy's specific conqueror's haki is gonna come in to play for him eventually beating BB. He's gonna learn something new that'll help.

But in the end it'll come down to a battle of wills and luck for those two. Right now BB has the extra DF and experience for why I think he's above Luffy.

Yeah, awakened DF was a cool development to see and I think Doffy's awakened paramecia DF is the only one shown in story so far iirc. Makes you wonder if Luffy is just going to be able to turn his surroundings in to rubber or worse for him if BB is able to turn his surroundings in to darkness.

No chance Hancock loses to Koby. If anything that Luffy connections leads to her escaping.

I agree. Oda wanted to kill Ace, set up BB and give a taste of what the top tier of the world looked like. It's just not a good arc for inferring any type of power scale assessments due to Haki being new and undeveloped, everyone having restrictions, etc.

Marco is really respected, so I imagine he's a step below the Yonko. The Gorosei were hoping that Marco and company could take out BB, so he's at least highly regarded. BB is definitely gonna be end game power level, especially if he got a 3rd fruit like theorized.

I think we definitely haven't seen anything about conquer's haki. I think the knocking people out effect is negligible once we we see the full development. I hope it'll be an actual difference maker in fights.

We first heard about awakened devil fruits in Impel Down when Croc said the beast jailers {the minotaurus, koala, and zebra with runny noses) were awakened. I feel like chopper's rumble ball forces an awakening. Doffy was the first awakened paramecia we saw, Katakuri was the 2nd. I'm curious if Luffy's awakening will be similar to theirs or different since his fruit is different from theirs. It could be interesting if he turns his surroundings into a bounce house, but I feel like Oda will go in a different direction. We haven't seen an awakened logia yet that I'm aware of.

Just binged Bungo stray dogs . Now watching golden Kamuy . Show is DOPE! gives me a jojos vibe . Also the main character literally looks like a jojo lol

Almost there...
df0f666.png

We first heard about awakened devil fruits in Impel Down when Croc said the beast jailers {the minotaurus, koala, and zebra with runny noses) were awakened. I feel like chopper's rumble ball forces an awakening. Doffy was the first awakened paramecia we saw, Katakuri was the 2nd. I'm curious if Luffy's awakening will be similar to theirs or different since his fruit is different from theirs. It could be interesting if he turns his surroundings into a bounce house, but I feel like Oda will go in a different direction. We haven't seen an awakened logia yet that I'm aware of.

Was it confirmed that Punk Hazard was the result of Awakening?

Back
Top Bottom