The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I actually found it interesting, especially seeing Madara on arboreal life support. :lol:
I want to see how this back story will pan out.

I'm too lazy to go back and forth, but I have feeling there's something up with the timeline and how things occur.

But isn't the spacetime jutsu that connected Kakashi and Obito's eyes only from his eyes? How would Madara have done that jutsu while fighting the fourth unless he was Obito? It's a technique just for those eyes and not from the Rinnengan

This is great point. A possible explanation could be that the eternal Mangekyo endows one with the ability to copy the unique abilities of a regular mangekyo, much like how the sharingan makes it possible for a user to "copy" the abilities of a non-sharingan user (see "copy" ninja Kakashi). If this is the case, then it wouldn't be farfetched to assume, hypothetically, that Madara could have copied Obito's space-time Jutsu.[COLOR=#red] But to even consider this possibility is to accept the other possibility that Obito had activated his mangkeyo at a very young age, at a time not to far from his supposed original demise in that cave.[/COLOR]

Madara said:

I had my suspicions that Obito somehow activated his Mangekyo as his life flashed before his eyes/ the fear of death gripped him. What Madara said hints at the possibility that he did in fact activate it before the rock impacted, allowing him to phase out of reality momentarily, and thus avoid a sure death.

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
^Wow, great catch. Definitely a possibility.

If we're going with your theory though...Would Obito have gone back to a normal sharingan due to almost dying/loss of chakra?

semi interesting/boring chapter
i still think madara gave his rinnegan to nagato

maybe itachi kept madaras right eye for him

highly doubt obito awakened his mangekyo when he got crushed

Last edited:
^Wow, great catch. Definitely a possibility.

If we're going with your theory though...Would Obito have gone back to a normal sharingan due to almost dying/loss of chakra?

I think him reverting back to the normal sharingan has more to do with having escaped a massive stress inducing situation (about to die) than anything else.

He obviously doesn't remember himself because the whole episode likely occurred when he had consciously checked out.

It's like that scene from one of the early episodes of DBZ when Raditz was beating the ishh out of Goku. And upon hearing Goku's cries of agony, toddler Gohan busts out of Raditz's capsule with the uber power-up and head-butts the ishh outta Raditz. Gohan's power up was induced by a stressful situation--seeing and hearing his father's cries of agony--and occurred only when he had consciously checked out (Gohan didn't recall the incident after the fact).

I think a similar thing is what happened to Obito. His stressful situation (about to die + fear of death + never seeing Rin again) allowed him to power-up (activate his Mangekyo temporarily) and escape death (phased into the Mangekyo's dimension before the full force of the rock impacted him).

Of course, this all happened when he had consciously checked out, which is why he doesn't remember himself, and why he has reverted back to a regular sharingan. As far as he concerned, he's never activated any special eye technique because he wasn't conscious of doing so.

Of course, this is all speculation... :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

I don't think Itachi had been born yet. If he had, he would have had to have been a newborn.

I don't think Itachi had been born yet. If he had, he would have had to have been a newborn.

nah itachi's alive.  This is only a handful of years before the attack on konoha.  Itachi and sasuke were alive by then.

One Piece just got confusing. I thought Flamingo was Caesar. :nerd:\
It sucks now that Bleach is getting interesting, the newest chapters will probably not get animated anytime soon. I want to see Yama go ham. |I

Last edited:
nah itachi's alive.  This is only a handful of years before the attack on konoha.  Itachi and sasuke were alive by then.

sasuke wasnt, but itachi wouldve been about 4 or 5. He is 11 years younger than kakashi. Sasuke was a newborn during the kyuubi attack which probably happens a year or a little less from these events

And yea, it seems Madara did give his rinnegan to a young nagato, and Obito was in his madara character when he told Konan they were his

Last edited:
sasuke wasnt, but itachi wouldve been about 4 or 5. He is 11 years younger than kakashi. Sasuke was a newborn during the kyuubi attack which probably happens a year or a little less from these events

And yea, it seems Madara did give his rinnegan to a young nagato, and Obito was in his madara character when he told Konan they were his
yeah by "by then" i meant the time of the kyuubi attack.  so itachi would have been a child during madara and obitos meeting.

One Piece just got confusing. I thought Flamingo was Caesar. :nerd:\
It sucks now that Bleach is getting interesting, the newest chapters will probably not get animated anytime soon. I want to see Yama go ham. |I

How you confuse this:

With this

also with the whole madara and nagato thing, it seems that madara needed a whole bunch of luck, which he got for everything to turn out the way it did.

I just think he found a suitable child( happens to be an uzumaki) in an area that was likely to have war and gave them to him. Remember in the flashbacks, nagato wasnt really an uber poweful shinobi. But once yahiko was killed and he used the gedo mazo or whatever, he became alot stronger. Which makes me believe that awakening the rinnegan would make any average ninja exceptional, because having 6 zombie bodies that can fight as 1 doesnt take rocket science, but Nagato's uzumaki body made him more ideal for the strain that the rinnegan took on his body

Cliffs:
-Madara gave his rinnegan to the most suitable candidate( body wise) in an area likely to be war torn in the future and said **** it, lets see how this goes
- Hoped for the best. Which happened to happen.
-The kids meeting jiraiya, get trained, creating a group, yahiko gets killed by danzo and co.
-By this time Obito comes along and after the failed kyuubi attack, he continues to pose as madara's stand in and approaches nagato

also with the whole madara and nagato thing, it seems that madara needed a whole bunch of luck, which he got for everything to turn out the way it did.
I just think he found a suitable child( happens to be an uzumaki) in an area that was likely to have war and gave them to him. Remember in the flashbacks, nagato wasnt really an uber poweful shinobi. But once yahiko was killed and he used the gedo mazo or whatever, he became alot stronger. Which makes me believe that awakening the rinnegan would make any average ninja exceptional, because having 6 zombie bodies that can fight as 1 doesnt take rocket science, but Nagato's uzumaki body made him more ideal for the strain that the rinnegan took on his body
Cliffs:
-Madara gave his rinnegan to the most suitable candidate( body wise) in an area likely to be war torn in the future and said **** it, lets see how this goes
- Hoped for the best. Which happened to happen.
-The kids meeting jiraiya, get trained, creating a group, yahiko gets killed by danzo and co.
-By this time Obito comes along and after the failed kyuubi attack, he continues to pose as madara's stand in and approaches nagato

Hoped for the best? How much hope do you need to do when Madara/Tobi can basically control the actions of others.
Its more likely he planned ahead and either influence or directly pushed events into turning out the way they did.

Back
Top Bottom