The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

man you guys are making me miss watching the OP anime. :frown:

I blame Naruto for turning me off to animes. couldn't stand the fillers so just quit watching the naruto series all together then everything else followed after that.

Naruto might've been the reason I was extra cold on anime for a while too actually :lol:

5 minutes for a chapter just felt way better than 23 minutes for an episode, with the chance of the episode sucking being high.

The best thing about Strong World was getting more info about the pirates from Roger's era. I heard he re-wrote the script because the first script he wrote for it didn't sit right with him, but he said he basically was just trying to do things with that movie that he can't do in the manga. I liked Z, the animation was really good. I hope the animation quality of the anime steps up for the Dressrosa arc, since there's going to be so many fights.

Strong World is the best OP film imo, Z was cool but felt a little lackluster. Another good one is Mugiwara Chase 3d, great artwork and just fun to watch. While you're at, you guys should check out the Mugiwara theatre shorts. Pretty fun, especially the mod boss one :lol:

Naruto might've been the reason I was extra cold on anime for a while too actually :lol:

5 minutes for a chapter just felt way better than 23 minutes for an episode, with the chance of the episode sucking being high.

damn when I look back. my anime hiatus happened after sauske naruto battle into those fillers

this.

I remember when Shippuden came out years ago. That was a sign that it was the end of the horrible Naruto fillers (curry of life :x ). They teased us with the scene in Oro's lair in the first ep and I stayed with it for the first dozen eps and knew it was just going to take forever to get to that point in the story. Knew it was gonna take 50 or so eps til they make it to that point in the story with the way they were going. The thing that pushed me over the edge and just said f it with this anime was the quality. There was a comparison pic going around that time from the scene in the manga, to what we expected, and to what we got. It was just hilariously bad looking at it

After that, if I wanted to watch a fight scene, I'd just youtube that specific fight. Only way I think I'd watch Naruto is that when it's all finished, they come out with a "Kai" version ala DBZ and taking out all the fillers.

whenever i get a new laptop up ill re download all the narutos and Onepieces. and SS arc of bleach
along with various other animes ... Hitman reborn was a good one also

Strong World is the best OP film imo, Z was cool but felt a little lackluster. Another good one is Mugiwara Chase 3d, great artwork and just fun to watch. While you're at, you guys should check out the Mugiwara theatre shorts. Pretty fun, especially the mod boss one
laugh.gif
Personal favorite is still Dead End Adventure, though Strong World was certainly good with the whole Shiki/Roger plot line.

I liked the plot of hitman reborn but the main character was so unlikeable that it made me not like the series. I never went back to read from where the anime left off due to my dislike of Tsuna. 

If you're not watching the One Piece anime currently you're probably not missing much, just due to the fact the pacing is messed up. They're doing one chapter an episode to avoid long filler arcs, so you can imagine what an episode is like if the chapter isn't content heavy. I think 2 episodes ago it had monet on screen breathing for 30 seconds then the next episode it replayed that scene and just added Doflomingo waiting for her to answer his question on the den den mushi. 

I liked that Z gave the backstory to the yet to be introduced Shichibukai. He cut off Zephyr's arm and he's one of the level 6 impel down escapees, and he's a swordsman. He's probably around Mihawks level if he could cut of an admiral's arm and that admiral was known for being a haki beast.

I watched that OP episode the other day. I swear the scene with Monet was like 5 minutes long. I was just sitting there like why the hell did they drag that scene out for so long for a character no one cares about smh.

They tried to make it all touching and emotional for reasons i dont know

I rocked with Hitman Reborn. I don't think the anime finished the series; Tsuna became a bit less annoying WAYYYY further into the manga :lol:.

I actually watched like half of the fillers before Naruto's time skip, but I got no more than 10 or so episodes in Shippuden before I said **** it and blazed through the manga instead.

Last edited:
tsunas character is no different than any other ...very similar to kenichi from HSDK. which I like

thank the lord the anime is picking up atleast now the 2 week break for naruto wont be that bad

itachi in action doe :pimp:

Yeah the anime got canceled after the finished the arc where they go to the future. It hints that he gets better in the future, but it was getting to the point where even Reborn was tired of the dude. The main character was my least favorite character in the series, which took away too much for me. I really liked the plot and wanted to Tsuna to be great so I could keep going, but without those pills or reborn shooting him he was barely better than trash. 

I wouldn't say Tsuna's character was like anyone else. It may have been exaggerated in the anime. Again I never read the manga, but in the anime if he wasn't popping dying will pills or getting shot by reborn he had almost 0 growth. He was cool in dying will mode, but outside he was cringe worthy. 

Last edited:
None of yall bothered to read the Hitman Reborn manga?

Tsuna actually got stronger later on and relied on his own powers.

The problem with the series was that all the arcs were too repetitive. Literally every arc was set up and ended the exact same way.

Main characters run into a group of enemies they cant beat>>main characters get a power-up>>>a tournament style fight is set-up between main characters and bad guys>>>Tsuna defeats strongest bad guy and saves the day. Rinse and repeat.

The last manga arc with the Archib......babies put the nail in the coffin with the way it ended.

Last edited:
None of yall bothered to read the Hitman Reborn manga?

Tsuna actually got stronger later on and relied on his own powers.

The problem with the series was that all the arcs were too repetitive. Literally every arc was set up and ended the exact same way.

Main characters run into a group of enemies they cant beat>>main characters get a power-up>>>a tournament style fight is set-up between main characters and bad guys>>>Tsuna defeats strongest bad guy and saves the day. Rinse and repeat.

The last manga arc with the Archib......babies put the nail in the coffin with the way it ended.

I read the manga, and yea it's part of the reason I don't put hitman in my top 10, but I did like the art and action.. story got decent as we learned of the Primo

Yooooo

Kurapika's struggle>>> like seriously they shoulda made him the main character. **** gon and his dad :lol:

Phantom troupe meeting had me like

tumblr_ml0d6a6AhQ1s1sxjmo4_250.gif

The new Feng Shen Ji chapters that come out today. Man oh man... :smh:
I can't remember the last time this series had any sort of downtime. It's been straight action every chapter. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom