The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Word on the not skipping arcs. Only the fillers and the stuff when Sanji is on the island
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

But I was always confused about the vice admiral-admiral ranking system. Like why is garp only a vice admiral if he is that strong?
He actively refused promotions, because as a VA he already had the authority to do whatever he wanted.

On the subject of fillers, i'd actually suggest watching the ones dealing with Luffy's crew when they're separated from him after Kuma lays them out and up through the war lol I thought they were fairly good.

Last edited:
Have any of you seen One Piece Film Z? I thought it was good. Oda wrote it and did the background on Zeyphr. The animation quality is really good. It also gives a little bit of background on the newest Shichibukai.

Akainu does NOT want it with Garp

In fact, I'd say most people in the series don't want it with Garp
I'd say Akainu could give Garp a run for his money in a fair fight. I don't think he'd stomp, he may not even win, but he'd do more than alright. There's a reason he was rampaging through the war as an unstoppable force, save Old Man Whitebeard and his quake powers. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
finally read the big 3
Naruto wasn't bad (like last week) good little sad story.
Bleach... Terrible.

One Piece.. so sad, I feel like Dofla is like King Joffery, just want to cut his head off myself.
Story is so good, pulls me in every chap.

Akainu does NOT want it with Garp

In fact, I'd say most people in the series don't want it with Garp
I'd say Akainu could give Garp a run for his money in a fair fight. I don't think he'd stomp, he may not even win, but he'd do more than alright. There's a reason he was rampaging through the war as an unstoppable force, save Old Man Whitebeard and his quake powers. :pimp:

I feel like in a fair fight Akainu would have to catch Garp off guard to be able to deal with him. He relies way too much on his devil fruit and Garp's mastery of Haki is too real. Akainu walks around like he's invincible even though we've already seen throughout the series that no one is.

I actually like his powers though, even if I do think that he's a dbag :lol:

I feel like in a fair fight Akainu would have to catch Garp off guard to be able to deal with him. He relies way too much on his devil fruit and Garp's mastery of Haki is too real. Akainu walks around like he's invincible even though we've already seen throughout the series that no one is.

I actually like his powers though, even if I do think that he's a dbag
laugh.gif
He may rely on his devil fruit for attacking, but like the rest of the high level characters in the New World his Haki is well developed as well. This is seen many times during the War of the Best.

^ Very true, he even went as far as to dodge Marco and Vista's haki attacks, knowing they would be users. He's pretty quick on his toes as an admiral should be. But even in old age, Garp would've finished what Whitebeard had started, he was just too bloodlusted.

That scene when Garp comes back to the village |I :frown: Still feel sad thinking about Ace man :smh:

^ Very true, he even went as far as to dodge Marco and Vista's haki attacks, knowing they would be users. He's pretty quick on his toes as an admiral should be. But even in old age, Garp would've finished what Whitebeard had started, he was just too bloodlusted.

That scene when Garp comes back to the village |I :frown: Still feel sad thinking about Ace man :smh:

Word :smh: he ain't deserve to die man

Da-Dan :smh:

This thread is outright toxic to anyone who hasn't started One Piece yet/haven't made the past that arc :lol:

Y'all have to chill.

That scene when Garp comes back to the village
tired.gif
frown.gif
Still feel sad thinking about Ace man
mean.gif
mean.gif
 No lie. Had me depressed for like a week after. Whitebeard beating on Akainu in revenge was epic though.

This thread is outright toxic to anyone who hasn't started One Piece yet/haven't made the past that arc :lol:

Y'all have to chill.

Blah I knew ace was gonna die before I got to that part cuz I googled ace and "death" came up :smh:

Kinda made that arc better cuz every episode when it was about to happen I was like :wow: it's gonna happen! Then It didn't :lol: and then when I least expected it :smh:

Blah I knew ace was gonna die before I got to that part cuz I googled ace and "death" came up :smh:

Kinda made that arc better cuz every episode when it was about to happen I was like :wow: it's gonna happen! Then It didn't :lol: and then when I least expected it :smh:

So everyone else has to suffer too? :lol:

If it has a lot of plot in it, at least spoiler it up.

Man I read that Oda was surprised that people like that war so much. He said he saw it as a stop-gap and didn't expect it to be so well received because the battles he has planned going forward especially for the end of the series make that war look minor. I was like
eek.gif

But Oda is a funny dude. He says he reads the weekly releases then wonders what's going to happen next then gets sad when he realizes that he has to actually write what happens next.

So they don't already have the whole thing planned out? He writes it every week? Is that how all anime works?

So they don't already have the whole thing planned out? He writes it every week? Is that how all anime works?
He says he has notebooks full of ideas and has the whole ending planned out. He said he can't use all his ideas or the series would never get to the end, but he probably has the structure of arcs planned and the major events then adds the details as he goes. A lot of interviews I've seen magakas say they don't have everything planned, especially not the endings. So Oda is different in that he has the ending planned out completely and just fleshes out ideas each week. But he said at first he wasn't planning to make Dressrosa like Spain until he sat down and thought about a place that would fit Doflomingo. One Piece was originally supposed to be a 5 year manga  until Oda changed his mind because he was having too much fun writing it, so now it has 10 to 12 more years he's thinking.

Of course he writes every week bruh, how else would these chapters be getting done? :lol:

These mangaka don't have time to write fleshed out, detailed novels months in advance that only need to be drawn. They think of an overarching plot and fill in the center as they go.

You should peep Bakuman for a better idea of how manga (and a little bit of anime) works.

Last edited:
I read a joint interview he did with Toriyama a few days ago and Oda was saying he's still incorporating ideas from when he was a kid in school along with his new ones. He says a lot of magakas fail because they look at their stories from a writers view rather than thinking from the prospective of when they were young and read manga when they come up with ideas. So basically, if he wouldn't want to read it he won't write it. These mangakas are workaholics though. Oda was like I can start my real life when One Piece is done, right now I live for my fans. 

That figures with Dressrosa, when it was introduced I thought it fit Doflamingo too perfectly

Back
Top Bottom