The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

how long has pikachu been a balloon? who are these kids yall talk about, i don't know any kids watching or interested in db, for that matter i know maybe one adult that likes db, but that's because they grew up on it, like i did, i just branched out

i think whoever suggested goku, should have just made a suggestion for 2018, not 2006

At the 1:10 mark dude himself says it comes from the kids. I do get your point though.
Also I think it's to promote the Broly movie.

how long has pikachu been a balloon? who are these kids yall talk about, i don't know any kids watching or interested in db, for that matter i know maybe one adult that likes db, but that's because they grew up on it, like i did, i just branched out

i think whoever suggested goku, should have just made a suggestion for 2018, not 2006
I get it now..you basing this off your experience not the numbers....
Think about this. The people with kids watching Anime are my age...we're showing our kids dragonball. So naturally it progress to Super and heroes.
Goku covers a 30 year age range.
Naruto is big but still not nearly as big here as dragonball. Especially if youre sticking with pre time skip.
Other than hair colors goku has been goku for 30 years. In America hes the only one that would be nationally recognized.

Im sure even today if a kid knows who all might or naruto or ichigo or luffy. They know who goku is too.

wtf u talking about? dragonball intellectual property has made the most money this past fiscal year and it was projected/expected not to at first. it doesn't just go #1 by having "old fans." it's not even close as to how much money it has made versus one piece, naruto, etc

image.jpg

you sound smart to a dumb *****

anyways, in other news:
Ds8WEvMU4AALEuk.jpg large.jpeg

Preach, never doubt DBZ.. HxH better come with it, Togashi got me ****ed up with all that reading and no action.

wtf u talking about? dragonball intellectual property has made the most money this past fiscal year and it was projected/expected not to at first. it doesn't just go #1 by having "old fans." it's not even close as to how much money it has made versus one piece, naruto, etc

image.jpg

anyways, in other news:
Last MG I watched was ironblooded orphans and it was decent, too sad for me. Who buys those action figures?

image.jpg

anyways, in other news:
point stands, goku is old news and an unimpressive addition, it's 2018 not 2006; not to mention apparently it was done as advertisement for a new movie

furthermore post a link not a picture from is dragon ball more popular than naruto forum; i would like to compare umm the "usa" market seeing as we're talking bout a parade in the "usa"

Last edited:
point stands, goku is old news and an unimpressive addition, it's 2018 not 2006; not to mention apparently it was done as advertisement for a new movie
you have no points kid, most ppl rather buy a goku figurine/game/card than any merch based on luffy or naruto... that's a fact proven by numbers. that $800million USD wasnt generated by 40 yr old fans. the ppl playing fighterZ tournies aint 40 yrs old.

goku is the damn mascot of the next Olympics that are gonna be in Japan. the next DB movie is on route to sell more than any One Piece movie ever in terms of ticket sales... but the kids know Luffy more than Goku right? Lmfaoooooo.

goku isn't like spongebob... he's like mario or Link. any generation he comes out in revamped or whatever, the kids **** with him. if ppl cared about naruto so much then boruto would enter the top 10 most watched animes per week (never makes it to the top 10 btw) yet no episode of Dragon Ball Super has ever scored outside of the Top 10

don't give me that "oh they only make the top 10 cuz it's an old franchise with all the older crowd tuning in" BS because Pokemon misses the Top 10 per week often, and Gundam does too

you have no points kid, most ppl rather buy a goku figurine/game/card than any merch based on luffy or naruto... that's a fact proven by numbers. that $800million USD wasnt generated by 40 yr old fans. the ppl playing fighterZ tournies aint 40 yrs old.

goku is the damn mascot of the next Olympics that are gonna be in Japan. the next DB movie is on route to sell more than any One Piece movie ever in terms of ticket sales... but the kids know Luffy more than Goku right? Lmfaoooooo.

goku isn't like spongebob... he's like mario or Link. any generation he comes out in revamped or whatever, the kids **** with him. if ppl cared about naruto so much then boruto would enter the top 10 most watched animes per week (never makes it to the top 10 btw) yet no episode of Dragon Ball Super has ever scored outside of the Top 10

don't give me that "oh they only make the top 10 cuz it's an old franchise with all the older crowd tuning in" BS because Pokemon misses the Top 10 per week often, and Gundam does too
links
i was wrong about goku being relevant though,
because there's def dragonbball on tv, it's on adult swim; of course it's getting views; but the shows that accompany it on this list just let me know how washed it is.......not followed by an older crowd but it's on par with sportscenter

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-may-5-2018/

trying to find dated sources, you can talk about how much merch they sell what's getting views

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=popular

Last edited:
watching hxh for the first time. greed island arc was trash for the most part, gon vs genthru at the end was cool though

links
it's on adult swim; of course it's getting views; but the shows that accompany it on this list just let me know how washed it is.......not followed by an older crowd but it's on par with sportscenter

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-may-5-2018/

trying to find dated sources, you can talk about how much merch they sell what's getting views

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=popular

top 10 animes per week
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-20/japan-animation-tv-ranking-october-10-16/.107915

This article has a follow-up: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, October 17-23 (2016-10-27 16:30)
follow-up of Japan's Animation TV Ranking, October 3-9

you can go through the bottom of all of those articles for all 132 or whatever episodes of dragon ball super to see that it was always in the top 10 and whatever else i have stated in the previous post as truth

let me know when one piece / naruto / boruto / hxh / jojo / mha / black clover / attack on titan / gundam / etc crash crunchyroll for having too many users online tryna watch them though. dragon ball super made crunchyroll crash several times

watching hxh for the first time. greed island arc was trash for the most part, gon vs genthru at the end was cool though

greed island was garbage. best part of that arc was hisoka showing up and then joining them for the dodgeball match

it doesn't get more fun than york new city / phantom troupe arc IMO

it doesn't get more introspective and dramatic than chimera ant arc IMO (and for that reason.. i feel like it's quite a drag)

top 10 animes per week
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-20/japan-animation-tv-ranking-october-10-16/.107915

This article has a follow-up: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, October 17-23 (2016-10-27 16:30)
follow-up of Japan's Animation TV Ranking, October 3-9

you can go through the bottom of all of those articles for all 132 or whatever episodes of dragon ball super to see that it was always in the top 10 and whatever else i have stated in the previous post as truth
what was the point; one piece ranked higher?
20181126_161600.jpg
Screenshot_20181126-161454_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
so your links were from Oct 2016, but here's Nov 2018
just so nobody has to waste time *dragon ball isn't listed, even though one piece appears on ever ranking's list*, this was what supersaiyangod supersaiyangod referenced although it's not the us

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-22/japan-animation-tv-ranking-november-12-18/.139850

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-15/japan-animation-tv-ranking-november-5-11/.139547

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...tion-tv-ranking-october-29-november-4/.139244

Last edited:
what was the point; one piece ranked higher?
20181126_161600.jpg
Screenshot_20181126-161454_Chrome.jpg
still not quite sure this is the us market
it's japan's weekly anime ratings, and yes, one piece ranks the highest weekly from shonen. this doesnt go against what i said previously:
"if ppl cared about naruto so much then boruto would enter the top 10 most watched animes per week (never makes it to the top 10 btw) yet no episode of Dragon Ball Super has ever scored outside of the Top 10"
"don't give me that "oh they only make the top 10 cuz it's an old franchise with all the older crowd tuning in" BS because Pokemon misses the Top 10 per week often, and Gundam does too"
point being, these new gen animes aint doing ****, the popular old ones either

Super (new DB series [130 eps]) is damn near popular as One Piece (750+ episodes for 20 years)

in the US market, Super and Kai keep topping the charts, it's the most popular thing on Toonami (yes, more popular than MHA)

here's a recent example:

you can go check every week on that forum to see that this is an indisputable fact

so your links were from Oct 2016, but here's Nov 2018
just so nobody has to waste time *dragon ball isn't listed, even though one piece appears on ever ranking's list*, this was what supersaiyangod supersaiyangod referenced although it's not the us

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-22/japan-animation-tv-ranking-november-12-18/.139850

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-15/japan-animation-tv-ranking-november-5-11/.139547

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...tion-tv-ranking-october-29-november-4/.139244

super stopped airing in april, so yes it is natural that it is not recently ranked... as it is not on TV.

one piece is there.. where's mha? where's all these new gen animes that everyone is supposed to be familiar with?
or even the old ones.. pokemon aint there. gundam aint there. it's only detective conan and one piece recking everything

super stopped airing in april, so yes it is natural that it is not recently ranked... as it is not on TV.

one piece is there.. where's mha? where's all these new gen animes that everyone is supposed to be familiar with?
or even the old ones.. pokemon aint there. gundam aint there. it's only detective conan and one piece recking everything
honestly i'm not that vested past the point goku's addition isn't impressive because it's a 30 y/o tv show, def not going to look into japanese airing dates for anime to continue this convo and the viewings for 18-49 don't consitute kids to me; but i'm done trying to find the ratings for kids anime views in us
my nephews don't care about dragon ball in 2018 (5, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13) and the younger ones are into pokemon cards; which had a balloon in the parade since 2001; but they don't watch the show; so that's why merch sales don't have bearings on my opinion; goku is an unimpressive addition to the macy’s day parade in 2018; would have been cool in 2006 when the tv show was only 10 years old in the us; now it's just not, especially after finding out pikachu's balloon had a 17 year start on goku; makes it look even more washed

You really just shootin and hoping something sticks.
I wasn't in to DB until about that 11-13, when I was fake kickin and punching everything either. 5-10 i was sold on lighter cartoons. I even messed with sailor moon more at one point before DB really hit me
your nephews (not the best demographic) not liking it means nothing, honestly they may just not be in to the fighting and talking DB has.
but for a lot of kids over 10/11 excluding your 1 nephew. love that fighting DB offers. I would say the age range would be 13-43 on the love goku.
til this day Pikachu and goku most recognizable in the US.
one piece is a slow burn that isn't even fully translated so how are kids even knowing that.
I gave you Naruto but you still run in to pre time skip or shippudden debacle. and if you're being current you need to go with hokage naruto and no one messes with boruto

You really just shootin and hoping something sticks.
I wasn't in to DB until about that 11-13, when I was fake kickin and punching everything either. 5-10 i was sold on lighter cartoons. I even messed with sailor moon more at one point before DB really hit me
your nephews (not the best demographic) not liking it means nothing, honestly they may just not be in to the fighting and talking DB has.
but for a lot of kids over 10/11 excluding your 1 nephew. love that fighting DB offers. I would say the age range would be 13-43 on the love goku.
til this day Pikachu and goku most recognizable in the US.
one piece is a slow burn that isn't even fully translated so how are kids even knowing that.
I gave you Naruto but you still run in to pre time skip or shippudden debacle. and if you're being current you need to go with hokage naruto and no one messes with boruto
13-43 is still accounting for a lot of adults, like I said bruh db been around since the 90's; it's not impressive to have a balloon 20 plus years later; i didn't say my nephews watched one piece; i said it would have been cool to me if luffy was the balloon; and pointing out the fact the goku and pikachu are the most recognized only shows how unimpressive it is adding goku 17 years after pikachu

it's not about having a current 2018 anime character, like i've already said, it's about not having a 30 y/o character; n i said naruto probably makes the most sense; luffy was just who i said in my original post, without taking into account naruto, because naruto isn't on my radar, and one piece was the last toonami program i watched

Last edited:
Dawg y’all still arguing about this. I got into anime within the last year and im 28. If you asked me to name a character before I got into It This year I woulda said Goku. Anyways let’s talk about something fun lol. Really enjoying H x H wish there was more creatures though

13-43 is still accounting for a lot of adults, like I said bruh db been around since the 90's; it's not impressive to have a balloon 20 plus years later; i didn't say my nephews watched one piece; i said it would have been cool to me if luffy was the balloon; and pointing out the fact the goku and pikachu are the most recognized only shows how unimpressive it is adding goku 17 years after pikachu

it's not about having a current 2018 anime character, like i've already said, it's about not having a 30 y/o character; n i said naruto probably makes the most sense; luffy was just who i said in my original post, without taking into account naruto, because naruto isn't on my radar, and one piece was the last toonami program i watched
DragonBall Z manga game out in 89. the TV show aired in 1996 (in the US).
Naruto aired 99
One piece Aired 99...
So im not really seeing your point... All 3 aren't that far off.

And to be fair Dragon Ball Super is a rebrand it shouldn't count to your point. considering Battle of the Gods was 2013, Resurrection F was 15 and super anime was 15 as well.

That makes the Rebrand as popular/relevant as any other current Manga.

Dawg y’all still arguing about this. I got into anime within the last year and im 28. If you asked me to name a character before I got into It This year I woulda said Goku. Anyways let’s talk about something fun lol. Really enjoying H x H wish there was more creatures though
This Chimera Ant arc is exactly how I thought HxH was goign to be when I got in to it.
Actually hunting. Hulu stops it right as it's getting good now I gotta find where to watch. I'm usually a Manga guy over anime. but now im invested
They gave me my weakness.
Long white hair character.
I 've loved just about all I've ever seen.
Shin Natsume (tenjo tenge)
Esdeath
squalo (hitman reborn)

DragonBall Z manga game out in 89. the TV show aired in 1996 (in the US).
Naruto aired 99 (2005 in the us)
One piece Aired 99 (2007 in the us)
So im not really seeing your point... All 3 aren't that far off. (you do see the point which is why you added the db us date, but omitted op or naruto us air date)

One pieced aired in 04. The US wasnt having it.
And as I said I give you Naruto....
But you aint answer the question about the db super rebrand tho

One pieced aired in 04.(so why did you leave that out of the post?) The US wasnt having it.
And as I said I give you Naruto....
But you aint answer the question about the db super rebrand tho

links
i was wrong about goku being relevant though,
because there's def dragonbball on tv
, it's on adult swim; of course it's getting views; but the shows that accompany it on this list just let me know how washed it is.......not followed by an older crowd but it's on par with sportscenter

Back
Top Bottom