the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Mayweather will run and dance for 12 rounds if he fought Pacman. Probably will end up a split decision and rematch will be ensured to garner more PPV $$$. Pacman doesn't need to fight PBF, he stands in a class all by himself.
This is why it's hard to respect Pacquiao fans.
Floyd can pot shot and dance his way to a decisive victory over Manny.

I dont see how this is far fetched. It would be foolish for him to trade shots with Pac like Hatton and Cotto did.

And PacMan doesn't need PBF. He can fight Shane which would be an all-action brawl or he can fight JMM (who I think gets slept easily if they fight over140lbs).

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

"PBF has a spotless record he has beaten the hell out of anyone put in front of him this guy may go down as the smartest fighter of all time and the best defender of ALL TIME.

Who gave Manny a run for his money? Marquez a fight that was a draw and one some think Manny lost and he didnt stand a chance against PBF. one of the most lopsided fights i and most have ever seen.

its one thing to hate on PBF but i hate when people say he hasnt been the best and wont go down as the best how can you deminish what this guy had done? its one thing to be a hater and its another to say you think Manny can hang but that is yet to be proven all signs lead to PBF winning this fight tell me something that doesnt!"
I'm not to hate with PBF but the guy has all the talent but scared to really fight anybody. Yes he has a "spotless record" but hehasnt really fought anybody, and dodges pretty much every fighter that has a chance of beating him (mosley,cotto). And as far as PBF and JMM fight beinglopsided yes thats true, but he only knocked him down once, Pacman did it 3 times in one round without a right hand. You put JMM in the ring with Pacman at144 with his skills right now, he will get dominated and go down like hatton did IMO. I only wish for this fight to go down but I doubt PBF takes this fight.And I hope I'm wrong on that cause that fight would be crazy good!

'JMM beat Manny twice' = Mayweather beat JMM = So of course Mayweather will take care of Manny!

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Pacman doesn't need to fight PBF, he stands in a class all by himself.
I agree Manny does not need to fight PBF
Pacman dont have to do another single thing in the ring. His legacy is cemented after that performance vs Cotto. He will go down in history for his weight jumps and being 7 time champ.
and to come up to 147 and STOP Miguell Cotto. Two Time Champ and a Bully whos known for breaking other welters down

Mayweather needs to beat Pacman more than Pacman needs to beat him.
PBF needs this fight more than anything in the world right now.

I'll tell u what, If Pacman losed it wont even dent his image, because he has fought all the fights and made all the moves.

If mayweather loses, he is forever scarred and known as the guy who was welterweight Champ who came up and didnt face the top 3 guys and when faced he faced Manny, he got exposed.

Floyd Mayweather NEEDS THIS FIGHT
What? are you kidding me
laugh.gif

PBF has a spotless record he has beaten the hell out of anyone put in front of him this guy may go down as the smartest fighter of all time and the best defender of ALL TIME.

if Manny does not pick up this fight hes a flash in the pants he got hot had some fights against ok opponents and some big fights against aging fighters who by the way have already been demolished by PBF.

your gona say Cotto is it for Manny that his claim to fame? Cotto wouldnt last against PBF and you damn well know that.

Who gave Manny a run for his money? Marquez a fight that was a draw and one some think Manny lost and he didnt stand a chance against PBF. one of the most lopsided fights i and most have ever seen.

its one thing to hate on PBF but i hate when people say he hasnt been the best and wont go down as the best how can you deminish what this guy had done? its one thing to be a hater and its another to say you think Manny can hang but that is yet to be proven all signs lead to PBF winning this fight tell me something that doesnt!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

'JMM beat Manny twice' = Mayweather beat JMM = So of course Mayweather will take care of Manny!

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif
This formula is equivalent to the college football formula
laugh.gif

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif
If they gonna say that ++!% i might as well pull out the "Who beat De La Hoya and Hatton more convincingly" card
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Fact - JMM beat Pacquiao twice.
How's it a fact, I looked up the results again and it was a draw and a W for Pac.
grin.gif

Ya'll JMM fanboys need to let it go, the 1st fight was a draw even though he got dropped 3 times and the difference in the 2nd fight was the knockdown,rightfully so. I'm not saying that just because someone gets dropped, they automatically lose the fight but the results from both fights is not thatcontroversial as some make it out to be.

floyd was more impressive against jmm than paq was against cotto , jmm couldnt hit floyd with a slegde hammer , how the %#!* does anyone think paq can beatmaywetaher is beyond me, if he shows up and beats maywetaher then it should be a surprise to all of us and my hat will go off to him. styles make fight,handspeed,power,defense,ring dictatorship size and affective counter punching are on mayweathers advantage. not to mention pac is coming off a 12 round fightand mayweather cruised thru 12 rounds after a 2 year lay-off and has never really taken any kind of abuse in the ring , im not going to lie freddy roach andmanny have come a long way but mayweather has never brawled in his 18 years in the sport, the man has it down to the T.....go look at pavlik vs bernard hopkinswhat pavlik did to jermain and miranda is worse than the punishment little paq has been giving

Imagine if the winner of the fight only got paid in Boxing. n***** would be dyin in the ring left and right
laugh.gif
along with judges

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Imagine if the winner of the fight only got paid in Boxing. n***** would be dyin in the ring left and right
laugh.gif
along with judges

laugh.gif
it be a Zab Judah riot every damn decision

Michael Buffer would have to wear hockey goalie full equipment and gear
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

SunDOOBIE wrote:

Mayweather will run and dance for 12 rounds if he fought Pacman. Probably will end up a split decision and rematch will be ensured to garner more PPV $$$.

I dont see how this is far fetched. It would be foolish for him to trade shots with Pac like Hatton and Cotto did.

And PacMan doesn't need PBF. He can fight Shane which would be an all-action brawl or he can fight JMM (who I think gets slept easily if they fight over 140lbs).

Yall _'s just gone act like Mayweather ain't got power? Like he ain't the bigger man?

Originally Posted by AG 47

SunDOOBIE wrote:

Mayweather will run and dance for 12 rounds if he fought Pacman. Probably will end up a split decision and rematch will be ensured to garner more PPV $$$.

And PacMan doesn't need PBF. He can fight Shane which would be an all-action brawl or he can fight JMM (who I think gets slept easily if they fight over 140lbs).

Yall _'s just gone act like Mayweather ain't got power? Like he ain't the bigger man?
Huh?

Originally Posted by AG 47

SunDOOBIE wrote:

That's what people we're saying when he fought miguel cotto and manny stood with his back on the ropes absorbing miguel's punches and clapping hisgloves together to let him know those punches didn't hurt him (which im sure they did) but damn, i was impressed by his courage. He's a warrior. Anywayboth guys got some "pop" in their punches but Manny offense is deadly, add to that he's a southpaw which would be a problem for floyd. Floyd hasthe best defense in the game right now and manny has problems with fighters who know how to counter punch. I'm really excited for this fight to happen.

This is a fight that I look forward to. I don't understand how some people say one fighter needs this fight over the next. We all know how good they bothare. Some may hate on the styles but they are both great fighters. This is just going to show us who is the best and I can't wait.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif
If they gonna say that ++!% i might as well pull out the "Who beat De La Hoya and Hatton more convincingly" card
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
truth
laugh.gif

I know Manny's got alot of fanboys , but now Floyd's fanboys are gaining. Fanboys of both fighters
indifferent.gif

Back to boxing: *disclaimer* I don't have that great a record in fight predictions
laugh.gif
I'm gonna say i'm 50-50 in them. I was wrong on the Cotto/Pac outcome,i was right on Hatton/Pac, wrong on DLH/Pac, right on Marg/Cotto, right on Marg/Mosley. I'm also a Floyd fan, I base my boxing style on his... but I'mFilipino so I'm a Manny supporter as well. So... I'm gonna make it clear to fanboys of both fighters.. I DON'T HATE either one of them, nor am Ion either one of them's nuts... I am basing my thoughts on their boxing styles... ok!

I do not think there will be a knockout because:
- Floyd's defense is too good, and he's so cautious he's not gonna be taking a lot of risks to leave himself open after seeing what Manny'sdone to DLH, Hatton, and Cotto. He's smart enough to know Manny will hurt him.

- On the other side, since Floyd's not much of a risk taker and we've seen Manny can take a strong welterweight's punch from the Cotto fight.... hewon't knock Manny out either. BUT I do think Floyd can catch him with a left hook and score a knock down when Manny lunges in recklessly. As we know fromthe JMM fights, Manny doesn't do to well against counter punchers and has gotten caught with JMM's left hooks. Floyd of course is bigger, has a quickerand shorter left hook than JMM's.

- Manny will win some rounds due to aggressive ring generalship probably in the early rounds say around rds 2-4. He will probably land 1 or 2 clean straightsleft to Floyd's chin somewhere around those rounds. But after that, he's gonna be hitting gloves, shoulders, and air

- Floyd will win his rounds due to his ring generalship in the middle to late rounds. He will adjust to Manny's style and will throw some clean counterright upper-cuts to Manny' chin, and clean left hooks to Manny's temple. Also we'll see the lead right hands in the middle rounds then move awayfor safety Manny will bang his gloves again
laugh.gif
But still won't findhis target and he'll most likely get off-balance from his lunging. Floyd will be on his backfoot, but NOT running like Cotto... he will counter with 1 to2 punches at most.. then slide to safety.

That said, i think Floyd wins it by Split Decision. 1 judge will think Manny throwing more punches despite hitting shoulders will think Manny has the higherscore. The other judges see Floyd's cleaner punches on better accuracy and will give him the decision.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
truth
laugh.gif

I know Manny's got alot of fanboys , but now Floyd's fanboys are gaining. Fanboys of both fighters
indifferent.gif

Back to boxing: *disclaimer* I don't have that great a record in fight predictions
laugh.gif
I'm gonna say i'm 50-50 in them. I was wrong on the Cotto/Pac outcome, i was right on Hatton/Pac, wrong on DLH/Pac, right on Marg/Cotto, right on Marg/Mosley. I'm also a Floyd fan, I base my boxing style on his... but I'm Filipino so I'm a Manny supporter as well. So... I'm gonna make it clear to fanboys of both fighters.. I DON'T HATE either one of them, nor am I on either one of them's nuts... I am basing my thoughts on their boxing styles... ok!

- Floyd's defense is too good, and he's so cautious he's not gonna be taking a lot of risks to leave himself open after seeing what Manny's done to DLH, Hatton, and Cotto. He's smart enough to know Manny will hurt him.

- On the other side, since Floyd's not much of a risk taker and we've seen Manny can take a strong welterweight's punch from the Cotto fight.... he won't knock Manny out either. BUT I do think Floyd can catch him with a left hook and score a knock down when Manny lunges in recklessly. As we know from the JMM fights, Manny doesn't do to well against counter punchers and has gotten caught with JMM's left hooks. Floyd of course is bigger, has a quicker and shorter left hook than JMM's.

- Manny will win some rounds due to aggressive ring generalship probably in the early rounds say around rds 2-4. He will probably land 1 or 2 clean straights left to Floyd's chin somewhere around those rounds. But after that, he's gonna be hitting gloves, shoulders, and air

- Floyd will win his rounds due to his ring generalship in the middle to late rounds. He will adjust to Manny's style and will throw some clean counter right upper-cuts to Manny' chin, and clean left hooks to Manny's temple. Also we'll see the lead right hands in the middle rounds then move away for safety Manny will bang his gloves again
laugh.gif
But still won't find his target and he'll most likely get off-balance from his lunging. Floyd will be on his backfoot, but NOT running like Cotto... he will counter with 1 to 2 punches at most.. then slide to safety.

That said, i think Floyd wins it by Split Decision. 1 judge will think Manny throwing more punches despite hitting shoulders will think Manny has the higher score. The other judges see Floyd's cleaner punches on better accuracy and will give him the decision.
eek.gif
People who like both Manny and PBF exist?

^ How does Manny Pacquiao need this fight? Explain.

Floyd has NEVER fought any fighter with the combination of speed and power like Pacquiao. And, Pacquiao also has the best trainer in the game when it comes tostudies opposing fighters. Pacquiao is a FAR superior fighter now. Stop using the JMM examples in favor of Mayweather, because everyone knows that Pacquaiotoday is argubly best fighter in the world.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Makes sense to me.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
truth
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I'm gonna say i'm 50-50 in them. I was wrong on the Cotto/Pac outcome, i was right on Hatton/Pac, wrong on DLH/Pac, right on Marg/Cotto, right on Marg/Mosley. I'm also a Floyd fan, I base my boxing style on his... but I'm Filipino so I'm a Manny supporter as well. So... I'm gonna make it clear to fanboys of both fighters.. I DON'T HATE either one of them, nor am I on either one of them's nuts... I am basing my thoughts on their boxing styles... ok!

- Floyd's defense is too good, and he's so cautious he's not gonna be taking a lot of risks to leave himself open after seeing what Manny's done to DLH, Hatton, and Cotto. He's smart enough to know Manny will hurt him.

- On the other side, since Floyd's not much of a risk taker and we've seen Manny can take a strong welterweight's punch from the Cotto fight.... he won't knock Manny out either. BUT I do think Floyd can catch him with a left hook and score a knock down when Manny lunges in recklessly. As we know from the JMM fights, Manny doesn't do to well against counter punchers and has gotten caught with JMM's left hooks. Floyd of course is bigger, has a quicker and shorter left hook than JMM's.

- Manny will win some rounds due to aggressive ring generalship probably in the early rounds say around rds 2-4. He will probably land 1 or 2 clean straights left to Floyd's chin somewhere around those rounds. But after that, he's gonna be hitting gloves, shoulders, and air

- Floyd will win his rounds due to his ring generalship in the middle to late rounds. He will adjust to Manny's style and will throw some clean counter right upper-cuts to Manny' chin, and clean left hooks to Manny's temple. Also we'll see the lead right hands in the middle rounds then move away for safety Manny will bang his gloves again
laugh.gif
But still won't find his target and he'll most likely get off-balance from his lunging. Floyd will be on his backfoot, but NOT running like Cotto... he will counter with 1 to 2 punches at most.. then slide to safety.

That said, i think Floyd wins it by Split Decision. 1 judge will think Manny throwing more punches despite hitting shoulders will think Manny has the higher score. The other judges see Floyd's cleaner punches on better accuracy and will give him the decision.
eek.gif
People who like both Manny and PBF exist?
People who are boxing fans can like multiple fighters. Shane Mosley's actually my favorite figher and those 3 dudes can end up fighting eachother.

kinda like basketball purists can be fans of LeBron, Kobe, and Wade

Defensively, it's either him or Calderon who are #1.

This dude said greatest defensive fighter of all time.

Back
Top Bottom