**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

laugh.gif
yes thats what i meant, the piece i posted.. at $3500 i think its a pretty decent deal.
Yeah I dont think you'll be able to find it much lower than that....

I think I was quoted 7k/8k from icebox for their mini jesus, of course youre dealing with second hand vs new, but no reason to take that depreciation hit if you dont have to

after i posted that i did think to my self, yeah i got lucky, and almost lucky twice if i had not hesitated on the first one i came across.

Talked to icebox, their pricing and weight of the pieces is better than if&co, probably gonna go that route

Best looking Jesus I've seen besides original but who is the maker of this?
Hey I've no idea, you could always axe the seller.  I think it may be a 1/1 custom piece with those huge diamonds.  The eyes look weird to me though, like some type of insect. 

Hey I've no idea, you could always axe the seller.  I think it may be a 1/1 custom piece with those huge diamonds.  The eyes look weird to me though, like some type of insect. 
yea i would say its custom as well because of the diamonds and setting it looks like GHOSTFACES OG Jesus Peice tho except for the top

Anyone know who makes bead style chains in the traditional style or the black ones attached in a 7mm-9mm width? Also anyone know what is the typical size Jacob or anyone know that are on Ye's?

Anyone know who makes bead style chains in the traditional style or the black ones attached in a 7mm-9mm width? Also anyone know what is the typical size Jacob or anyone know that are on Ye's?
No clue but I've always liked those chains... 

Can someone identify the link for the chain Jake wears in South paw? 

this is a bad shot of it... Let me see if I can find better ones. 

10k gold is not "Better" than silver but it is more valuable.
this topic probably died over a week ago but silver is a really great metal to work with and due to its low cost you can find people who know exactly what to do with it very easily.

i just made a new custom pendant (in 10k white, sue me). won't post it here because goldensun and icebox will just knock the fact that it's not 100% perfect (some porosity in the cast
frown.gif
)

hey sorry for reposting this picture for like the  third or fourth time but some of those kanye bead chains have diamonds in them:

I've seen a Cartier piece  like those chains that's been done as a necklace or bracelet  but only as a woman's necklace (like 15 inches) as far as anything long

so I think that he got them custom made. 

Last edited:

this topic probably died over a week ago but silver is a really great metal to work with and due to its low cost you can find people who know exactly what to do with it very easily.

i just made a new custom pendant (in 10k white, sue me). won't post it here because goldensun and icebox will just knock the fact that it's not 100% perfect (some porosity in the cast
frown.gif
)
Post it anyway, who cares what they say. Did you tell the guy who made it that you're not happy with it?

Post it anyway, who cares what they say. Did you tell the guy who made it that you're not happy with it?
word

the guy who made it is a casting company, not a jeweler. they knew that there were issues and did their best to fix them by lasering it and gave me opportunity to accept or reject it. i chose to accept it cause i was on a tight timeline and i was already days behind. thing i wasnt happy about was that they blamed the wax but i think it was a sprue issue. anyway i did what i needed to do and i'll get another one made bigger and in 18k white soon. one thing i'm learning is that the geometry is really important to casting. specs on it are it's 80 grams and the chain is 35g.

inspiration

model

finished

Looks pretty cool. It's original at least. I can tell the difference between 10k and 18k yellow gold but when it comes to white gold i can't.

word

the guy who made it is a casting company, not a jeweler. they knew that there were issues and did their best to fix them by lasering it and gave me opportunity to accept or reject it. i chose to accept it cause i was on a tight timeline and i was already days behind. thing i wasnt happy about was that they blamed the wax but i think it was a sprue issue. anyway i did what i needed to do and i'll get another one made bigger and in 18k white soon. one thing i'm learning is that the geometry is really important to casting. specs on it are it's 80 grams and the chain is 35g.

inspiration

model

finished
This is dope.  Where did the gold come from? Was it scrap or a coin?

This is dope.  Where did the gold come from? Was it scrap or a coin?
the casting place always has gold (in their proprietary alloys).

i used carrera casting, the same guys i used for my last project. if you're interested in more info their website has everything you'll ever need to know.

Looks pretty cool. It's original at least. I can tell the difference between 10k and 18k yellow gold but when it comes to white gold i can't.
You cannot tell the difference if its new because the Rhodium is what makes it shine. Old white gold has a yellowish/tarnished looking tint. 

Thanks CAbased and theconnect.

it's pretty hard to tell the difference between 10,14, and 18 regular wg alloys even if they're not polished. i compared the 3 alloys at the casting company and couldn't tell which was which if it weren't literally spelled out
laugh.gif

before rhodium plating it was pretty white but does definitely have a yellowish tinge that i only assume would be worse with a high polish shine. i did high polish on the beard and hands only because i was worried about porosity and losing the texture detail on the body. did bead blast on the rest and then rhodium plate.

Back
Top Bottom