The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Thanks Pmatic for the articles. They prove time and time again that Stern and Hunter have 0 power. Back in 99 those two had an epic clash but the cba game has passed both of them by. They both know the pain a lockout has on the health of the league but their at the mercy of rogue factions that would rather be right than compromise.

Thanks Pmatic for the articles. They prove time and time again that Stern and Hunter have 0 power. Back in 99 those two had an epic clash but the cba game has passed both of them by. They both know the pain a lockout has on the health of the league but their at the mercy of rogue factions that would rather be right than compromise.

Originally Posted by aepps20

The funny part in all of this is that regardless of the CBA, players will/won't want to play for certain organizations, crappy teams with crappy management will continue to be crappy and in seven years we'll be right back here talking about how the owners want a 60% share of the BRI, no free agency and staggered schedules for crappy teams.
exactly!

Originally Posted by aepps20

The funny part in all of this is that regardless of the CBA, players will/won't want to play for certain organizations, crappy teams with crappy management will continue to be crappy and in seven years we'll be right back here talking about how the owners want a 60% share of the BRI, no free agency and staggered schedules for crappy teams.
exactly!

What the @#$% kind of logic is that Mike? If he is too stupid of an owner to make a profit then he should take his own advice, sell the team and get the hell out of there. That's what he said in 98. Don't give me that garbage about now he's an owner so he can change his stance.

What the @#$% kind of logic is that Mike? If he is too stupid of an owner to make a profit then he should take his own advice, sell the team and get the hell out of there. That's what he said in 98. Don't give me that garbage about now he's an owner so he can change his stance.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DubA169

So if I publicly denounce cigarettes, but then go into business with a ciggarette company it's okay for me to go back on what I said?

That's good business? Or being a hypocrite?

He straight up told an owner to sell his team

It is hypocritical, but it is still in HIS best interest. You should not fault a person for looking out for his best interest, no matter how hypocrtical it looks based on their past.

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

So if I publicly denounce cigarettes, but then go into business with a ciggarette company it's okay for me to go back on what I said?

It is hypocritical, but it is still in HIS best interest. You should not fault a person for looking out for his best interest, no matter how hypocrtical it looks based on their past.

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

I aint got to play into his scheme, just understand thats the game called life.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

Players had 2 years to prepare for this lockout.  If they wave the white flag this Wednesday it will just prove what I've suspected all along - the players just did not prepare. 

Players had 2 years to prepare for this lockout.  If they wave the white flag this Wednesday it will just prove what I've suspected all along - the players just did not prepare. 

How can you guys honestly justify what Mike is doing? Are you serious?
I would MAYBE understand MJ's position if he'd been a majority owner for a long time, and has become disgruntled due to experiencing consistent profit loss, but this dude JUST got into this ownership "team" and is already doing what's best for him.

If that isn't disloyalty/hypocrisy then I don't know what is...

How can you guys honestly justify what Mike is doing? Are you serious?
I would MAYBE understand MJ's position if he'd been a majority owner for a long time, and has become disgruntled due to experiencing consistent profit loss, but this dude JUST got into this ownership "team" and is already doing what's best for him.

If that isn't disloyalty/hypocrisy then I don't know what is...

^^^Everything GP just said.

ninjahood wrote:

gangsta207therevolution wrote:

DubA169 wrote:

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

g37893_mind%20blown.gif

^^^Everything GP just said.

ninjahood wrote:

gangsta207therevolution wrote:

DubA169 wrote:

thats terrible advice
laugh.gif

g37893_mind%20blown.gif

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

http://msn.foxsports.com/...-selfish-betrayal-110411
[h1]MJ sells out players with hard-line stance[/h1]
Updated Nov 5, 2011 7:57 PM ET

Michael Jeffrey Jordan finally found a cause he can get behind off the court: being an obstacle for any black kid dreaming of matching or exceeding Jordan’s wealth.

Sellout.

And I don’t throw that word around liberally. But there’s no better description for Jordan now that he has reportedly decided to be the hard-line frontman for NBA ownership’s desire to rob NBA players of their fair share of the revenue the league generates.

Sellout.

Now that NBA superstars have decided to fully engage in the lockout negotiations and threaten union decertification, David Stern and ownership have decided to unleash their token minority owner from the house to play hardball. According to The New York Times, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, the greatest player of all time, is the owner most determined to bury the union financially. Jordan allegedly wants current players to take a 10- to 20-point basketball-related-income pay cut.

Sellout.

This is the ultimate betrayal. A league filled mostly with African-American young men who grew up wanting to be like Mike is finally getting to see just who Michael Jordan is. He’s a cheap, stingy, mean-spirited, cut-throat, greedy, uncaring, disloyal slave to his own bottom line.

Nike’s “Air Jordan

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

http://msn.foxsports.com/...-selfish-betrayal-110411
[h1]MJ sells out players with hard-line stance[/h1]
Updated Nov 5, 2011 7:57 PM ET

Michael Jeffrey Jordan finally found a cause he can get behind off the court: being an obstacle for any black kid dreaming of matching or exceeding Jordan’s wealth.

Sellout.

And I don’t throw that word around liberally. But there’s no better description for Jordan now that he has reportedly decided to be the hard-line frontman for NBA ownership’s desire to rob NBA players of their fair share of the revenue the league generates.

Sellout.

Now that NBA superstars have decided to fully engage in the lockout negotiations and threaten union decertification, David Stern and ownership have decided to unleash their token minority owner from the house to play hardball. According to The New York Times, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, the greatest player of all time, is the owner most determined to bury the union financially. Jordan allegedly wants current players to take a 10- to 20-point basketball-related-income pay cut.

Sellout.

This is the ultimate betrayal. A league filled mostly with African-American young men who grew up wanting to be like Mike is finally getting to see just who Michael Jordan is. He’s a cheap, stingy, mean-spirited, cut-throat, greedy, uncaring, disloyal slave to his own bottom line.

Nike’s “Air Jordan

If MJ took a stance with the players then, he shouldn't be saying anything now. No matter what side he is on compared to back then, he's turning his back on the players (which he used to be a part of) for the owners he criticized in '99.

If MJ took a stance with the players then, he shouldn't be saying anything now. No matter what side he is on compared to back then, he's turning his back on the players (which he used to be a part of) for the owners he criticized in '99.

Back
Top Bottom