The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

One of the worst owners in sports? You serious?

He  LEBRON took this:

527386892_342c6cea27.jpg

and turned it into this:

quicken-loans-arena.jpg
Fixed.
Done and done. He's a great owner because what? He took LeBron #1? I could have done that.
laugh.gif

Great owner? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, Lebron did that.....even after Lebron left, the seats stayed packed.....not tickets sold....but seats packed.

But carry on gossipers. Carry on. I stated facts, and then get laughed at.
Owners put butts in seats? I'm sure there were tons of season ticket holders that were expecting LeBron back, but didn't. I don't know how that works, if you can cancel your season tickets or not, but I'd think they'd have a little bit more of a drop this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/at..._/year/2011/sort/homePct

Yes, the Cavs had third best attendance, but in terms of capacity, % full, they're not the greatest. Not bad, no, but still, not great.

A better impact is to look at the away %. Heat, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics. Cavs? 30th.

Point is, Dan Gilbert didn't build attendance.

Yeah, Lebron did that.....even after Lebron left, the seats stayed packed.....not tickets sold....but seats packed.

But carry on gossipers. Carry on. I stated facts, and then get laughed at.
Owners put butts in seats? I'm sure there were tons of season ticket holders that were expecting LeBron back, but didn't. I don't know how that works, if you can cancel your season tickets or not, but I'd think they'd have a little bit more of a drop this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/at..._/year/2011/sort/homePct

Yes, the Cavs had third best attendance, but in terms of capacity, % full, they're not the greatest. Not bad, no, but still, not great.

A better impact is to look at the away %. Heat, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics. Cavs? 30th.

Point is, Dan Gilbert didn't build attendance.

Mo-Williams-tz.jpg

Anybody remember this? 
laugh.gif

large_Dan-gilbert.jpg

"First of all, the owner [in Cleveland] that you're speaking of is a great owner. I've gotten to know him for three years and I've got nothing but great things to say about him."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...ams-calls-gilbert-a-great-owner#ixzz1dBfDHhEv

DAN THE MAN!!! 
pimp.gif
Of course your own team will hype you up.
laugh.gif

It's funny, I never hear people outside of Cleveland saying how great of an owner he is, just people from Cleveland.

I hear people talking about Peter Holt, Buss, Cuban, but not Dan Gilbert.

Comic sans...

The guy threw a hissy-fit because the guy who made him a lot of money left town.

Mo-Williams-tz.jpg

Anybody remember this? 
laugh.gif

large_Dan-gilbert.jpg

"First of all, the owner [in Cleveland] that you're speaking of is a great owner. I've gotten to know him for three years and I've got nothing but great things to say about him."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...ams-calls-gilbert-a-great-owner#ixzz1dBfDHhEv

DAN THE MAN!!! 
pimp.gif
Of course your own team will hype you up.
laugh.gif

It's funny, I never hear people outside of Cleveland saying how great of an owner he is, just people from Cleveland.

I hear people talking about Peter Holt, Buss, Cuban, but not Dan Gilbert.

Comic sans...

The guy threw a hissy-fit because the guy who made him a lot of money left town.

Get the flying @#$% outta here with that #**#%+*%+ built a God damn thing. He has 99.9% support cuz that's all the losers in Cleveland have left. Go check the article Dub posted in here on how Dan got his money. That dude ain't worth @#$% and anybody who backs him ain't worth @#$% either. You talk like LA gonna hurt after Kobe leaves, SIXTY TWO years they been relevant, 62. Before Kobe, during Kobe, after Kobe. The Lakers is the brand, not the Lebron like you worthless franchise. They were nothing before him, and nothing without.........even though I argue they were nothing with him either.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Only a fool thinks we die with one player. 6 decades son, get a @#$%&* clue.

Get the flying @#$% outta here with that #**#%+*%+ built a God damn thing. He has 99.9% support cuz that's all the losers in Cleveland have left. Go check the article Dub posted in here on how Dan got his money. That dude ain't worth @#$% and anybody who backs him ain't worth @#$% either. You talk like LA gonna hurt after Kobe leaves, SIXTY TWO years they been relevant, 62. Before Kobe, during Kobe, after Kobe. The Lakers is the brand, not the Lebron like you worthless franchise. They were nothing before him, and nothing without.........even though I argue they were nothing with him either.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm convinced you're just trolling now, why else would you use Mo Williams tweets as a response
laugh.gif

Even Mo frowns on your shenanigans. 

Spoiler [+]
sadmowillams.gif

I'm convinced you're just trolling now, why else would you use Mo Williams tweets as a response
laugh.gif

Even Mo frowns on your shenanigans. 

Spoiler [+]
sadmowillams.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah I mean, if you want to talk NBA, it's Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks. If you aren't one of those teams, you aren't really in the conversation. Even when struggling, teams like Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks still relevant. They stay in the media.

Only reason Cleveland is in the media is because Gilbert is a clown, and he has to prove it regularly to keep his team in the news. You can say the same thing about Cuban, but I don't know man, I think Gilbert is trying to show that he loves the city, which is cool and all, but Cuban is about the team. I'm not saying he doesn't have his motives, but I don't think an NBA owner has been happier to win a Championship as when Cuban did. He loves his team.

Jordan? Ehh. Jordan's showing he's about the $ more than anything.
laugh.gif

I mean, what's it say about your ownership when you're one of the hard-line owners (like Gilbert is)?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah I mean, if you want to talk NBA, it's Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks. If you aren't one of those teams, you aren't really in the conversation. Even when struggling, teams like Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks still relevant. They stay in the media.

Only reason Cleveland is in the media is because Gilbert is a clown, and he has to prove it regularly to keep his team in the news. You can say the same thing about Cuban, but I don't know man, I think Gilbert is trying to show that he loves the city, which is cool and all, but Cuban is about the team. I'm not saying he doesn't have his motives, but I don't think an NBA owner has been happier to win a Championship as when Cuban did. He loves his team.

laugh.gif

I mean, what's it say about your ownership when you're one of the hard-line owners (like Gilbert is)?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Chicago is pretty close to being in that LA Boston NY category.
I like Jerry Reinsdorph though. The problems in the Jordan era were cause he knew that that collective (Jackson, Krause, Jordan and Pip) needed to work together to win til they couldnt stand each other. He is fair to his players, and is the main reason Jordan owns a team. People dont like him cause he paid Pip and Mike about what they should have been paid at the time (esp considering cap), but forget he paid Mike 3 million to be a minor leaguer ( he generated more than that though) brought Pip back on an OD salary when Pip was almost broke. ( I know I had a different take earlier, but that was more about creating a system that doesnt pay these guys when they cant be great, and paying them while they are)
They dont like the lean period, but to be fair Paxton and Krause missed on like 10 top 10 picks. Every Gm needs a shot to fix it though.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Chicago is pretty close to being in that LA Boston NY category.
I like Jerry Reinsdorph though. The problems in the Jordan era were cause he knew that that collective (Jackson, Krause, Jordan and Pip) needed to work together to win til they couldnt stand each other. He is fair to his players, and is the main reason Jordan owns a team. People dont like him cause he paid Pip and Mike about what they should have been paid at the time (esp considering cap), but forget he paid Mike 3 million to be a minor leaguer ( he generated more than that though) brought Pip back on an OD salary when Pip was almost broke. ( I know I had a different take earlier, but that was more about creating a system that doesnt pay these guys when they cant be great, and paying them while they are)
They dont like the lean period, but to be fair Paxton and Krause missed on like 10 top 10 picks. Every Gm needs a shot to fix it though.

Honestly, the only issue I agree with the owners on is that the former Mid level had to be tweaked. Everything else ultimately doesnt guarantee any type of competitive balance. Even in a hard cap, some teams will spend and find ways to be creative with their capspace (Pats, Eagles, ********) and other teams will spend the bare minimum. Its absolutely impossible to make every team a contender, the owners know this. If you acquire the rt pieces and manage your assets the right way you will be competitive and the fans will be there. This is a money grab by the owners plain n simple. 

Honestly, the only issue I agree with the owners on is that the former Mid level had to be tweaked. Everything else ultimately doesnt guarantee any type of competitive balance. Even in a hard cap, some teams will spend and find ways to be creative with their capspace (Pats, Eagles, ********) and other teams will spend the bare minimum. Its absolutely impossible to make every team a contender, the owners know this. If you acquire the rt pieces and manage your assets the right way you will be competitive and the fans will be there. This is a money grab by the owners plain n simple. 

Originally Posted by ToneLow

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ToneLow

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom