The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Zyzz

things are heating up and getting closer to a deal. think this might be solved by october.

i really hope so...gambling on the nba is pretty profitable for me from dec-mar so i need this !#%# to get done 
laugh.gif

poor wilson chandler 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I hope like hell that he is right, but 1 week for preseason? 
laugh.gif

I have said before, and will again, I don't care how, why, or when, I just want a deal done with ZERO games missed.  I want a full season, just like the last 11 or however long it's been. If it's mid October, and I still don't have basketball, Ima be pissed.  Those games might be meaningless, but that don't mean I don't want to see them played.  Know what I mean? 

Fixed & QFT

Originally Posted by CP1708

I hope like hell that he is right, but 1 week for preseason? 
laugh.gif

I have said before, and will again, I don't care how, why, or when, I just want a deal done with ZERO games missed.  I want a full season, just like the last 11 or however long it's been. If it's mid October, and I still don't have basketball, Ima be pissed.  Those games might be meaningless, but that don't mean I don't want to see them played.  Know what I mean? 

Fixed & QFT

Originally Posted by Statis22

ESPN burning all kinds of bridges, first Feldman now Sheridan. Both good at what they do too.

What happen?
PMatic wrote:
It's hard enough finding serviceable talent in the back end of the first round, a third round would be terrible. But then again, these third rounders would probably just end up getting waived before the start of the regular season. 
laugh.gif

Not true, contrary to what ya'll think, this has a chance to help the D-League greatly. Instead of the D-League being a place for NBA no shots, the owners can use it to ACTUALLY develop players. GM's(hopefully) will hire people to teach prospects in the D-League, more teams will draft overseas guys as 3rd rounders, and stash them away in Europe/Asia/etc than bring them over to their team(basically what the Spurs do w/ their 2nd rounders). Teams can put their low level picks(or any prospects who will get limited playing time @ NBA level) on the D-League, and hopefully get better w/ the consistent playing time on the D-League teams. Ultimately their will be more busts, but hopefully, more players will be developed as opposed to be wasting space on rosters. If all goes right, with this proposed third round, NBA prospects will be slightly similar to MLB and it's farm. In the long run, it's great if done right.

Originally Posted by Statis22

ESPN burning all kinds of bridges, first Feldman now Sheridan. Both good at what they do too.

What happen?
PMatic wrote:
It's hard enough finding serviceable talent in the back end of the first round, a third round would be terrible. But then again, these third rounders would probably just end up getting waived before the start of the regular season. 
laugh.gif

Not true, contrary to what ya'll think, this has a chance to help the D-League greatly. Instead of the D-League being a place for NBA no shots, the owners can use it to ACTUALLY develop players. GM's(hopefully) will hire people to teach prospects in the D-League, more teams will draft overseas guys as 3rd rounders, and stash them away in Europe/Asia/etc than bring them over to their team(basically what the Spurs do w/ their 2nd rounders). Teams can put their low level picks(or any prospects who will get limited playing time @ NBA level) on the D-League, and hopefully get better w/ the consistent playing time on the D-League teams. Ultimately their will be more busts, but hopefully, more players will be developed as opposed to be wasting space on rosters. If all goes right, with this proposed third round, NBA prospects will be slightly similar to MLB and it's farm. In the long run, it's great if done right.

A legitimate farm system for each NBA team would be AWESOOOOME

that is another source of income plus players will be able to get groomed and learn the fundamentals. So many Euro's would get picked. Stash them away, bring em to the farm, then in 2-3 years maybe they can have an impact on the team instead of the 12th man on the bench

Also we would get to talk about so much more stuff

A legitimate farm system for each NBA team would be AWESOOOOME

that is another source of income plus players will be able to get groomed and learn the fundamentals. So many Euro's would get picked. Stash them away, bring em to the farm, then in 2-3 years maybe they can have an impact on the team instead of the 12th man on the bench

Also we would get to talk about so much more stuff

Agents pushing for clear union strategy

After listening to Players Association executive director Billy Hunter and the executive committee players at an informational meeting in Los Angeles in August, witnesses described agent Bill Duffy probing union officials on labor talks with the NBA. Duffy was rational and reasoned, asking tough, fair questions, witnesses said. Only, the answers weren’t clear to Duffy, nor many of the agents in the conference room at the Beverly Hilton.

Finally, Duffy lamented that the meeting was ending and the union’s strategy to combat ownership in the collective bargaining talks was still hazy to him. What are we doing here?

This was when NBPA tempers flared, witnesses said, and union vice president Maurice Evans let loose on the agent – and indirectly – the dozens more in the room. Tension had been building between agents and union officials, and Evans offered a window into the union’s frustration with the challenges and second-guessing from agents.

“Evans went on and on about how the agents always want to tell [the union] what to do but don’t have any suggestions on how to make things better. Then Duffy would start to explain in a calm manner what he meant, and Evans kept interrupting him, cursing…

Agents pushing for clear union strategy

After listening to Players Association executive director Billy Hunter and the executive committee players at an informational meeting in Los Angeles in August, witnesses described agent Bill Duffy probing union officials on labor talks with the NBA. Duffy was rational and reasoned, asking tough, fair questions, witnesses said. Only, the answers weren’t clear to Duffy, nor many of the agents in the conference room at the Beverly Hilton.

Finally, Duffy lamented that the meeting was ending and the union’s strategy to combat ownership in the collective bargaining talks was still hazy to him. What are we doing here?

This was when NBPA tempers flared, witnesses said, and union vice president Maurice Evans let loose on the agent – and indirectly – the dozens more in the room. Tension had been building between agents and union officials, and Evans offered a window into the union’s frustration with the challenges and second-guessing from agents.

“Evans went on and on about how the agents always want to tell [the union] what to do but don’t have any suggestions on how to make things better. Then Duffy would start to explain in a calm manner what he meant, and Evans kept interrupting him, cursing…

60419891.jpg

The Melo/Pando pic killed it, I had to start fresh...lets go CBA negotiations

Bulls fans, we going through an onion of the loud on opening night

60419891.jpg

The Melo/Pando pic killed it, I had to start fresh...lets go CBA negotiations

Bulls fans, we going through an onion of the loud on opening night

The only problem with what Sheridan is suggesting is this...

What would the NBA and its owners stand to gain by suggesting there's a huge gap between the two? They would be pushing fans away from the game by discouraging us from thinking there's going to be a season while doing nothing for their negotiations with the NBAPA because the NBAPA would be all the wiser about the two actually being closer than what they're suggesting to fans. It's not like the NBAPA wouldn't know how close or far away they were in coming to an agreement.

Cliffs:
Not sold on Sheridan's optimism.
nerd.gif

The only problem with what Sheridan is suggesting is this...

What would the NBA and its owners stand to gain by suggesting there's a huge gap between the two? They would be pushing fans away from the game by discouraging us from thinking there's going to be a season while doing nothing for their negotiations with the NBAPA because the NBAPA would be all the wiser about the two actually being closer than what they're suggesting to fans. It's not like the NBAPA wouldn't know how close or far away they were in coming to an agreement.

Cliffs:
Not sold on Sheridan's optimism.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom