The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Woah Woah Woah. Stern is what made the leagu what it is today

It ain't his fault lockouts happen. I mean he's just the commisioner.

It really is too bad Steve Ballmer isn't an NBA owner. He'd kidnap everyone involved, lock them in a room for a week and hammer out a deal.

It really is too bad Steve Ballmer isn't an NBA owner. He'd kidnap everyone involved, lock them in a room for a week and hammer out a deal.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

steve-ballmer.jpg

Bottom line is that the Sarvers and Gilberts arent in it for the long haul. The 4 guys who run this league Stern Reinsdorf Dolan and Buss, the guys who know that with a few revisions they will make money, Holt, Jordan and the guys who know that they can with a reasonable split can make money, Sterling, Arison, the nets, Bucks Bennett, new hawks and 76ers owners Paul Allen Mark Cuban need to get together and make a decision. Do we cave to 4 owners in Sarver, Gilbert, the Maloofs Orlandos owner, who will piss off our players union lead us into another lockout, and will never run or have people run their team competantly enough to make money or enough money, wont be here in 10 years , and are known for being crooked business men. Or do we say forget it and crush the union. The big money 4 chose to compromise , and are paying for the uneducated ruthless 4.

Eventually Cleveland is going to wake up to Gilbert as a person. His company quicken loans gave out the adjustable loans that America fell to shambles over, not to mention he gave them out online which resulted in a lesser education about the loan. Tried to feed into Lebron being protrayed as a traitor, when in fact he created a culture where Lebron respected no one apart of the organization, and in the back of his mind knew if they dont demand certain things of me they how are we going to win.
I still say that an owner friendly deal gets done, but it will intentionally create a climate where the problem childs of ownership sell.

Bottom line is that the Sarvers and Gilberts arent in it for the long haul. The 4 guys who run this league Stern Reinsdorf Dolan and Buss, the guys who know that with a few revisions they will make money, Holt, Jordan and the guys who know that they can with a reasonable split can make money, Sterling, Arison, the nets, Bucks Bennett, new hawks and 76ers owners Paul Allen Mark Cuban need to get together and make a decision. Do we cave to 4 owners in Sarver, Gilbert, the Maloofs Orlandos owner, who will piss off our players union lead us into another lockout, and will never run or have people run their team competantly enough to make money or enough money, wont be here in 10 years , and are known for being crooked business men. Or do we say forget it and crush the union. The big money 4 chose to compromise , and are paying for the uneducated ruthless 4.

Eventually Cleveland is going to wake up to Gilbert as a person. His company quicken loans gave out the adjustable loans that America fell to shambles over, not to mention he gave them out online which resulted in a lesser education about the loan. Tried to feed into Lebron being protrayed as a traitor, when in fact he created a culture where Lebron respected no one apart of the organization, and in the back of his mind knew if they dont demand certain things of me they how are we going to win.
I still say that an owner friendly deal gets done, but it will intentionally create a climate where the problem childs of ownership sell.

@sam_amick Just when you thought the NBPA decertification talk had died down...two sources say prominent agent Leon Rose has joined that crowd.
@sam_amick The CAA lead agent represents LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony & more.
@sam_amick Rose joins the likes of Arn Tellem, Bill Duffy, Mark Bartelstein, Jeff Schwartz and Dan Fegan in that crowd.
Chris Paul is a member of the union board.

@sam_amick Just when you thought the NBPA decertification talk had died down...two sources say prominent agent Leon Rose has joined that crowd.
@sam_amick The CAA lead agent represents LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony & more.
@sam_amick Rose joins the likes of Arn Tellem, Bill Duffy, Mark Bartelstein, Jeff Schwartz and Dan Fegan in that crowd.
Chris Paul is a member of the union board.

Those guys are just serving themselves They know they can get their guys big money, and it off set the losses from the mid level. Unless they actually do it though, take it for what it is. Them trying to get a agent in the position.

Those guys are just serving themselves They know they can get their guys big money, and it off set the losses from the mid level. Unless they actually do it though, take it for what it is. Them trying to get a agent in the position.

Matt Bonner Says There Is Discouragement and Frustration Right Now in Labor Talks

As training camps in the NBA are supposed to open up in less than three weeks, the league remains in a lockout. While the two sides were hopeful they would get closer to a deal when they met this week, no progress was made between the two sides, frustration became apparent on both sides, and it looks like they are at a standstill. The NBA is at the height of its popularity and neither side can afford to lose games. The clock is ticking and it’s not time to panic at this point, but both sides will have to compromise a little bit to get this done.
Matt Bonner joined The Fan 590 in Toronto with Gord Stellick and Eric Smith to talk how the players feel at this point with the negotiations in the labor talks, if he feels like the owners are just posturing right now, what the issues are that are preventing a deal from getting done, if he feels there is a drop dead date right now to get a deal done, and what the stance is from the players side right now.

How the players are feeling right now after the meetings on Tuesday:

“Definitely a sense of discouragement and frustration from a player’s point of view. We had the small group sessions last week and from that it seemed like the owners were willing to compromise and make the hard decisions and get a deal done. That’s why Billy Hunter called in the entire executive board for the meeting on Tuesday. David Stern had 14 out of the 15 owners on his committee present and our union met all day Monday, going over everything, making sure we were all on the same page and ready to go, and try to get a deal done. Obviously a deal that we weren’t going to like but we were willing to put forth the effort and make the compromise and the sacrifices to prevent anything from getting cancelled. We went into the meeting and the owners basically backtracked from what was indicated the week before. They refused to compromise, wouldn’t budge, stood their ground, and it was really frustrating. As a result we’re kinda back to where we were and no progress was made.

Matt Bonner Says There Is Discouragement and Frustration Right Now in Labor Talks

As training camps in the NBA are supposed to open up in less than three weeks, the league remains in a lockout. While the two sides were hopeful they would get closer to a deal when they met this week, no progress was made between the two sides, frustration became apparent on both sides, and it looks like they are at a standstill. The NBA is at the height of its popularity and neither side can afford to lose games. The clock is ticking and it’s not time to panic at this point, but both sides will have to compromise a little bit to get this done.
Matt Bonner joined The Fan 590 in Toronto with Gord Stellick and Eric Smith to talk how the players feel at this point with the negotiations in the labor talks, if he feels like the owners are just posturing right now, what the issues are that are preventing a deal from getting done, if he feels there is a drop dead date right now to get a deal done, and what the stance is from the players side right now.

How the players are feeling right now after the meetings on Tuesday:

“Definitely a sense of discouragement and frustration from a player’s point of view. We had the small group sessions last week and from that it seemed like the owners were willing to compromise and make the hard decisions and get a deal done. That’s why Billy Hunter called in the entire executive board for the meeting on Tuesday. David Stern had 14 out of the 15 owners on his committee present and our union met all day Monday, going over everything, making sure we were all on the same page and ready to go, and try to get a deal done. Obviously a deal that we weren’t going to like but we were willing to put forth the effort and make the compromise and the sacrifices to prevent anything from getting cancelled. We went into the meeting and the owners basically backtracked from what was indicated the week before. They refused to compromise, wouldn’t budge, stood their ground, and it was really frustrating. As a result we’re kinda back to where we were and no progress was made.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by DubA169

these big market teams need to straight strong arm the small market ones
laugh.gif

Small market teams run the leauge on and off the court.

lol if you think anyone but Peter Holt and Michael Jordan have Sterns ear your delusional. Those are the 2 legit smaller market teams that will be in positions to consistantly prosper finanically. The problem is with the small market teams. By my estimation there are 9 big market teams. the Nets, Knicks, Bulls Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Rockets 76ers and Boston.
The small market consists of  Memphis, Atlanta, Sacramento, Cleveland, Detroit, Mil, Indiana, NewOrleans  Charlotte Minnesota
The mid market is Orlando, San Antonio, Golden State Miami, Utah, Boston Portland Denver Toronto OKC
Thats based on my idea of ticket sales w/o a superstar  ala Durant, Wade. Actual Market size, and performance. OKC is one of the most steady economies in the US right now. It has a small population, but its in an area that lives for sports Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska realatively short drive to all those places sound finanically ( not prone to boom's in the housing community) .
If you look at that name the mid market teams that have incentive to sign a owner heavy deal its short, The Ontario teachers might sign a deal which favors them in an extreme, but thats cause they are trying to sell, other than that, I dont see anyone of the mid market being vindictive about the situation other than Stan Kronkie. Boston might be on board with the hard liners because they know its more money, but long term, the NBA is messing themselves up. They have made international basketball what it is, and if it grows it will be based on work they do. So they cannot blame themselves for if it happens a soccer like market. Most of those other mid market owners see this and will eventually cave to a system that gives them a better shot to make money., but does not make everything uniform.

laugh.gif

lol if you think anyone but Peter Holt and Michael Jordan have Sterns ear your delusional. Those are the 2 legit smaller market teams that will be in positions to consistantly prosper finanically. The problem is with the small market teams. By my estimation there are 9 big market teams. the Nets, Knicks, Bulls Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Rockets 76ers and Boston.
The small market consists of  Memphis, Atlanta, Sacramento, Cleveland, Detroit, Mil, Indiana, NewOrleans  Charlotte Minnesota
The mid market is Orlando, San Antonio, Golden State Miami, Utah, Boston Portland Denver Toronto OKC
Thats based on my idea of ticket sales w/o a superstar  ala Durant, Wade. Actual Market size, and performance. OKC is one of the most steady economies in the US right now. It has a small population, but its in an area that lives for sports Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska realatively short drive to all those places sound finanically ( not prone to boom's in the housing community) .
If you look at that name the mid market teams that have incentive to sign a owner heavy deal its short, The Ontario teachers might sign a deal which favors them in an extreme, but thats cause they are trying to sell, other than that, I dont see anyone of the mid market being vindictive about the situation other than Stan Kronkie. Boston might be on board with the hard liners because they know its more money, but long term, the NBA is messing themselves up. They have made international basketball what it is, and if it grows it will be based on work they do. So they cannot blame themselves for if it happens a soccer like market. Most of those other mid market owners see this and will eventually cave to a system that gives them a better shot to make money., but does not make everything uniform.

By my count;
Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers, Nets, Mavericks, Heat and Warriors should all want the season to start on time.

50/50 would be teams like the Rockets, Pacers and Thunder.

Everybody else I think would definitely want a lockout or want to wait and see.

By my count;
Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers, Nets, Mavericks, Heat and Warriors should all want the season to start on time.

50/50 would be teams like the Rockets, Pacers and Thunder.

Everybody else I think would definitely want a lockout or want to wait and see.

laugh.gif

Thank you.

And I stand behind Dan Gilbert 100%. I don't give a damn what these analyst got to say.

Like I said before, a hard-cap will only spread the talent around the league - it's an adjustment that will help the league in the long-run. Otherwise, how else will the league survive? On some 8-team league !*$@? F outta here. This wouldn't happen if these lame NBA players focused more on the game of basketball instead of what happens outside the arena.

laugh.gif

Thank you.

And I stand behind Dan Gilbert 100%. I don't give a damn what these analyst got to say.

Like I said before, a hard-cap will only spread the talent around the league - it's an adjustment that will help the league in the long-run. Otherwise, how else will the league survive? On some 8-team league !*$@? F outta here. This wouldn't happen if these lame NBA players focused more on the game of basketball instead of what happens outside the arena.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom