The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

I thought the whole point of uber was that you just pay the price on the app and thats it your transaction is over, i thought that was the main selling point when it was introduced.

Just for the topics sake, if youre not cutting my hair, parking my car, doing a personal service for me(shoe buffing, altering my suit at the last minute, massage, lawn mowing ect ect), taking my order then actually waiting on me by bringing my food to the table and refilling my drinks, im not tipping you. I dont care who im with and how they look at me after.

I thought the whole point of uber was that you just pay the price on the app and thats it your transaction is over, i thought that was the main selling point when it was introduced.

Just for the topics sake, if youre not cutting my hair, parking my car, doing a personal service for me(shoe buffing, altering my suit at the last minute, massage, lawn mowing ect ect), taking my order then actually waiting on me by bringing my food to the table and refilling my drinks, im not tipping you. I dont care who im with and how they look at me after.
bum.

yall tip sex workers?

i took an uber yesterday and i didn't tip because i was lowkey scared for my life
peep the copper pipe between his legs which he was using when driving idk to hold the gas or brake? very odd. plus he had no shoes, as soon as i got in the whip he did a wild illegal uturn. luckily it was literally a 4 min drive cuz i was too lazy to walk
1696022324187.png
Ain't no way in hell I taking that ride.

You had a HIGH chance of being a hostage in a high speed chase :lol:

Things change over the course of 10+ years

I was in between jobs driving Uber years back just for some pocket change and tips weren’t even allowed. Kinda foul when you think about it.

yall tip sex workers?

i took an uber yesterday and i didn't tip because i was lowkey scared for my life
peep the copper pipe between his legs which he was using when driving idk to hold the gas or brake? very odd. plus he had no shoes, as soon as i got in the whip he did a wild illegal uturn. luckily it was literally a 4 min drive cuz i was too lazy to walk
1696022324187.png
You gotta get in the gym…you risked your life for a 2 mile walk.

Until they do... Be a decent person.

Tipping =/= being a good or moral person.

Capitalism won’t win that battle on me. I will gladly be the villain.

Why we don’t tip police officers, social workers, teachers, or other public servants who are over worked and underpaid?

Why we don’t tip police officers, social workers, teachers, or other public servants who are over worked and underpaid?
I am progressive as hell, and a professional economist, but I gotta say...

This is a dumb argument

That $20 means more to them than you. You will live.

You aren't MLK why are you worried about all the societal ills. Just pay the $5-$20

Cops aren't overworked or underpaid. They are overpaid and should have to give up their pensions for killing unarmed Black and Brown people

That $20 means more to them than you. You will live.

You aren't MLK why are you worried about all the societal ills. Just pay the $5-$20

It’s the principle.

You can think it is dumb

FIne

But the comment you just made makes no sense if someone gave it 30 seconds of thought

I just think construction workers should have tip iPads for working on roads, teachers should get iPads for tips in the classroom. Social workers should have their tip iPads too.

Why stop at restaurants.

I just think construction workers should have tip iPads for working on roads, teachers should get iPads for tips in the classroom. Social workers should have their tip iPads too.

Why stop at restaurants.

Dude I get it, you don't like tipping

But you sounding ******* ridiculous now

My point is, don't use macroeconomics to defend your position if your macroeconomic argument makes no sense

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I tip cops and firemen all the time. If I see a cop or a fireman in a coffee shop, I’ll hand him a couple bucks and be like “thanks for all you do, buddy; here’s a little something extra for the effort.” They love it:

Back
Top Bottom