The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

and he hasn't shown any ability to develop raptor prospects,
refusing to play young players and riding the vets into the ground, because they are the only ones that can execute his schemes.

Nick is a wartime consigliere, and it's currently peace time in Toronto.
a time to build and a time to develop.

Would love a Kenny Atkinson type. someone with a proven track record developing players.

I don’t get why the local Cleveland media is hyping up MSG as it’s some scary place to play and Cavs would struggle cause of it.

As a young team, Cavs might be intimidated by their first road playoff road game anywhere but MSG doesn’t add anything to that, if anything , beinf at msg should help, Knicks haven’t won anything there and it’s a place where opposing players shine from Mike, Reggie, Kobe, Bron, Steph, etc

342181336_569960075117433_7658751111702369826_n.jpg

He doesn't get any credit for FVV & Siakam? Scottie Barnes just won ROY. To a lesser extent, Boucher & Achiuwa have shown flashes.

I credit Dwayne Casey for FVV & Siakam.
and the flashes to me are the residue of good drafting.

It's the coaches job to grow it beyond that.

all those guys stagnated other than Boucher.

Thibbs gets all this flack for running people into the ground.
But at least he's just running drop coverage/ice.

Nick running guys into the ground and telling them to

- pressure 40 ft from the basket,
- trap ball handler and gamble for steals every possession
- dead sprint run and flying contest at corner 3 point shooters.
- crash the offensive glass
- push in transition

Fred has been totally run into the ground.

Thibbs gets all this flack for running people into the ground.
But at least he's just running drop coverage/ice.

Nick running guys into the ground and telling them to

- pressure 40 ft from the basket,
- trap ball handler and gamble for steals every possession
- dead sprint run and flying contest at corner 3 point shooters.
- crash the offensive glass
- push in transition

Fred has been totally run into the ground.
Is the maniac defense related to not having a center until they got Poetl at the deadline? Seems like Masai not giving Nurse a burly center as a backline for the defense had forced Nurse to employ the scrambling defense.

Is the maniac defense related to not having a center until they got Poetl at the deadline? Seems like Masai not giving Nurse a burly center as a backline for the defense had forced Nurse to employ the scrambling defense.

Not having a center didn't help.

TBH Nick probably maxed out the win totals from the roster in the regular season with his play style.

but the lack of development is really the problem.
I would have taken less wins for more development from Precious, Scottie, Banton, Flynn, Koloko ect ect

Raps have good one one one defenders yet they still played that heavy switching style and loved to let teams shoot open corner 3s

I always thought Nurse was an overrated coach. Man was living off the success of Kawhi and a better roster. He had one true great season after Kawhi left.

Nurse never drew plays, just implemented a system that ran the starters into the ground.

He’s somewhat a scapegoat because front office deserves its share of criticism.

Last edited:
Raps have good one one one defenders yet they still played that heavy switching style and loved to let teams shoot open corner 3s

part of it is a roster issue.
We don't have any reliable half court creators so the only way to make the offense respectable was crashing the glass and and creating turnovers.

imo Nick should have turned it down like 10% but I think his rationale was sound.

Back
Top Bottom