The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

If you're the Clippers and you get run in R1 again, how do you continue to move forward with this core?

Just feels like these two dudes will never be healthy enough consistently enough - and at the same time - to really get where you wanna go.
I get your point, but this core hasn't actually lost in the first round before.

Got to round 2 and choked away a 3-1 lead in the bubble, WCF next season and Kawhi got injured in round 2, eliminated in the play-in the season after that when Kawhi didn't play at all.

Who is defending Donovan? And that’s still Mitchell Robinson back there playing drop coverage. Still Thibbs over no matter what that fat joe beard he has going on

Grimes & Hart have been taking turns but the Mitchell is gonna get his regardless. Can't let Garland or Careless get loose again.

Got to round 2 and choked away a 3-1 lead in the bubble, WCF next season and Kawhi got injured in round 2, eliminated in the play-in the season after that when Kawhi didn't play at all.
But availability is a part of the calculus — can’t just dismiss the R1 exits because they aren’t healthy :lol:. If you’re not reliable enough to be available, then you gotta hold that L

If you're the Clippers and you get run in R1 again, how do you continue to move forward with this core?

Just feels like these two dudes will never be healthy enough consistently enough - and at the same time - to really get where you wanna go.
these injuries are just something you can't predict or avoid. They have no choice to move forward and pray for health. Brutally simple.

:lol: Cam and Mase did Jayson Williams dirty.
Come And Talk 2 Me - It Is What It Is Full Episode - S1 EPISODE 10 [MKiOrC_xmNo - 1270x714 - 3...png

But availability is a part of the calculus — can’t just dismiss the R1 exits because they aren’t healthy :lol:. If you’re not reliable enough to be available, then you gotta hold that L

It’s a valid point, but at the same time I can understand the organization not wanting to blow up the core just because of the injury history. They’ve been pretty good when everyone is playing, so I get maintaining hope that they’ll finally have a season when they get good luck with health.

I think what lawdog1 lawdog1 is saying is they haven’t been eliminated in thr first round in the Kawhi and PG era. So “another rd 1 exit” sounds weird.

Outside of his 1 series spanking, Trae has been food for the Knicks otherwise. That ‘21 squad is nothing compared to this year’s.

Today tho, both Garland and Mitchell are better than Trae. Cavs are attacking JB as much as possible with that 3rd scorer or hunting him down on switches. Grimes & RJ have their hands full with that backcourt.

That said, Grimes needs more than 2 shot attempts. RJ needs to attack strong and hopefully hit a long ball or two.

Most importantly tho they have to contain that backcourt. Hart and Quick as well. Some Deuce time would help tremendously but that’s 10 deep if so and not very likely.

I think what lawdog1 lawdog1 is saying is they haven’t been eliminated in thr first round in the Kawhi and PG era. So “another rd 1 exit” sounds weird.

Back-to-back years of no playoffs and a first round bounce is more what I meant - just obviously worded it poorly.

Injury luck or not, it's back to back potentially brutally bad outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom