The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I have the Cavs third in the East.

marge-hiding.gif
I don’t think that’s a stretch at all. Boston and Milwaukee are on a tier by themselves with everyone else in the East after them. The Cavs are, IMO, in the next group below with the Sixers, Knicks and Heat. Could see them getting 3rd.

Backcourt is small & doesn't defend. Frontcourt is big for no reason & can't score. No wings. Weak bench.

They'll be fine against ~20 teams in the league. 44 wins.

I don’t think that’s a stretch at all. Boston and Milwaukee are on a tier by themselves with everyone else in the East after them. The Cavs are, IMO, in the next group below with the Sixers, Knicks and Heat. Could see them getting 3rd.
Obviously it wouldn’t be surprising if the bucks gelled quick and racked up wins

also wouldn’t be surprising if they had to figure things out and things get clunky costing them games

Plus they have somewhat of a hole at 2 guard- or at least a carousel

Paolo got 20 last year on 15 attempts per game

If victor can get 15 attempts I feel like he should be a lock for 20

25? There’s only 8 rookies who have averaged 25

Surprising to me that the most recent rookie to get on the top scoring list was blake all the way back in 2011 at 22.5

Victor is an alien though so getting 25 would go in line with that

Not to be the 'I was there' guy but man..after I watched him play and then went back to watching NBA games, it felt like I was watching a different sport. He really is a modern day Wilt. Just physically nobody can match up and then to make it worse he's as skilled as anybody

We’re living in the inflated points era rn. 24 ppg would have put you in the 27th spot last season. I don’t think it's crazy to think vic can be the 27th highest scorer in the league.

For reference, 24ppg would have put you in the 6 spot 10 years ago.
Why is this era inflated and eras before not deflated?

Im not getting addicted this early. Call it what you want. 27 players averaged 24+ last season. Only 5 did it 10 years prior. 24ppg is not as rare.
More talent, more 3s attempted, smarter basketball.

10 years ago David Lee, luol deng and Zach Randolph were all stars.

These 2 definitely not the case. It's A LOT of dumb/effortless basketball being played. Ya'll gotta stop this. :lol:
It really is more talent though. Just go down some rosters past the super duper stars. Those guys aren’t the ones we are talking about.

Look at the emergence of joker, Embiid and Giannis alone. Let’s not kid ourselves

Back
Top Bottom