The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

A non-hoops related personal beef developing between two prominent regulars was not something we needed prior to opening night |l

Having said that - I am curious about this Halloween Display at Casa De lawdog1 lawdog1 . Is this an LA thing? I remember Bron’s social media post a year or two ago of his crib decorated for Halloween so after your post, I wasn’t sure if it was customary in California.

I never did/had any of that stuff growing up and for better or worse, I have lived in high rise condos most of my post college-adult life so never have had the opportunity to do it myself. I decorate a MEAN Christmas tree, though. Missed out on apple picking this year (there’s still time to resolve my situation and I could maybe meet someone who is interested in doing that) but EYE am copping that tree regardless.

I also make sure now that all other December holidays are recognized in my crib. People walk into my place and see Hanukkah and Kwanza decorations and hit me with the
1697899908538.gif

:lol:

Honest question: how were Kawhi and LeBron off ball in 19 and 20?

I feel like how Luka is now on and off ball is just not how they're gonna win. When they went to WCF by the eye test Luka wasn't great off ball no surprise, but on ball he wasn't as sticky and guys were hitting 3's. It just went downhill from there especially losing Brunson for nothing
Lebron is an elite cutter

Style of play...
Most importantly separated by mental fortitude. Again it could always change but there’s no comparison right now.

They’re not truly similar if I can count on 1 guy to show up under the brightest lights but not the other guy.

If I’m trying to win a title you can’t just gloss over that.
Honest question: how were Kawhi and LeBron off ball in 19 and 20?

I feel like how Luka is now on and off ball is just not how they're gonna win. When they went to WCF by the eye test Luka wasn't great off ball no surprise, but on ball he wasn't as sticky and guys were hitting 3's. It just went downhill from there especially losing Brunson for nothing
Iso Kawhi was only a thing after the original big 3 aged. Before that he fit the system like a glove. Like everyone else on the court, his decisions were instant - pass, shoot, or drive as soon as you catch it.

Limited triple thread, jab steps, etc.

Bron off ball movement back then was largely limited to just sets. If it wasn’t a play he was usually just spotting up.

Offense will never be the problem for any Luka team. Defensively you’ll need to get creative but you can be good enough on that end also like we’ve seen with Harden & Dirk.

Most importantly separated by mental fortitude. Again it could always change but there’s no comparison right now.

They’re not truly similar if I can count on 1 guy to show up under the brightest lights but not the other guy.

If I’m trying to win a title you can’t just gloss over that.

Iso Kawhi was only a thing after the original big 3 aged. Before that he fit the system like a glove. Like everyone else on the court, his decisions were instant - pass, shoot, or drive as soon as you catch it.

Limited triple thread, jab steps, etc.

Bron off ball movement back then was largely limited to just sets. If it wasn’t a play he was usually just spotting up.

Offense will never be the problem for any Luka team. Defensively you’ll need to get creative but you can be good enough on that end also like we’ve seen with Harden & Dirk.
I get you but idk I feel like offensive numbers can be fake or inflated at least, especially in the regular season. Just like defensive numbers (looking at you Utah during the Gobert era)

Like, the Mavs have been a top offense, last year they were #6 but they weren't scaring anyone at all despite that. They couldn't even make the Play In

All that dribbling sucks man

I get you but idk I feel like offensive numbers can be fake or inflated at least, especially in the regular season. Just like defensive numbers (looking at you Utah during the Gobert era)

Like, the Mavs have been a top offense, last year they were #6 but they weren't scaring anyone at all despite that. They couldn't even make the Play In

All that dribbling sucks man
Yea I understand that viewpoint as well :lol: The largest issue with Dallas though was they were a bottom 5 defense.

It’s just very difficult to see how they’re gonna improve significantly there when you had to burn assets for Kyrie.

It’s pretty much just the draft + mid level exceptions.

I like the Grant Williams signing, and moving on from Powell starting is long overdue, but you can’t have any lofty expectations of Lively either :lol:

Just a tough situation to navigate.

Doubting Victor was one of the weirder takes to take

But I get it since it threatened LeBron being the "best prospect ever" lol

At this point, it’s actually difficult to point to anything about Wemby that say he will be a bust or not live up to expectations. If he is healthy, I think will be one of them ones.

The 25PPG thing is interesting. That is A LOT to expect of any rookie imo. And people are talking about playoffs too?? 20+ points, 8+ rebounds, 2+ blocks would be phenomenal to see IMO but it seems like folks have some loftier expectations for him

Yea I understand that viewpoint as well :lol: The largest issue with Dallas though was they were a bottom 5 defense.

It’s just very difficult to see how they’re gonna improve significantly there when you had to burn assets for Kyrie.

It’s pretty much just the draft + mid level exceptions.

I like the Grant Williams signing, and moving on from Powell starting is long overdue, but you can’t have any lofty expectations of Lively either :lol:

Just a tough situation to navigate.
It really is. It's not even like I want him to pass to Josh Green to iso himself

It's just ugly to see Luka do his Luka thing and everyone else stationary staring at him

Depending on a rookie to help you win in the Playoffs is rarely going to work. Now you're asking a rookie center to anchor your defense? That makes zero sense

But when they made the WCF they didn't have the greatest defensive personnel and it was still passable. Then they just couldn't keep up offensively with GSW and that was to be completely expected

With Kyrie here and shooters around them, despite the defense I feel like their offense has zero excuses not to be elite and not fake elite

Try telling my girl this :smh:

She’s been puttting up Halloween bulljunk even before Starbucks brought back pumpkin spice :smh:

Starbucks officially had Pumpkin Spice Lattes on the menu this year on August 24th. Please don’t tell me you had Halloween decorations up and around prior to Labor Day :lol:

Good Morning Gents,

NT2K24 Fantasy League:

Draft Monday at 5PM PST/8PM EST

If y'all wanna do bread forreal lemme know. $50 each? $350 to the winner and $150 for the runner up?

Starbucks officially had Pumpkin Spice Lattes on the menu this year on August 24th. Please don’t tell me you had Halloween decorations up and around prior to Labor Day :lol:
Might’ve been exaggerating a bit but she for sure was trying to end summer early with these fall decorations :smh:

At this point, it’s actually difficult to point to anything about Wemby that say he will be a bust or not live up to expectations. If he is healthy, I think will be one of them ones.

The 25PPG thing is interesting. That is A LOT to expect of any rookie imo. And people are talking about playoffs too?? 20+ points, 8+ rebounds, 2+ blocks would be phenomenal to see IMO but it seems like folks have some loftier expectations for him
Wilt/Kareem/MJ. To me he's in that realm. Can't really overstate the physical advantage he has over everyone in the league

Season hasn’t even officially started yet.

Still not sold. He’s supposed to be doing this if he’s who people claim he is. I stand by everything I’ve said.

This entire mentality is crazy to me. If a teenager comes into the league and puts 20+ points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks then you’re just going to discount it by saying “Well this is what he was supposed to do.” It’s just next level hating and reasoning for no reason :lol:

Back
Top Bottom