The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

@pch is wildin lmfao

Wasn’t luka like 21 and in his third season

I don’t think it’s about getting a pass at that point

I mean he did what he did against utah and Phoenix the next season

I mean if you want to skewer him at this point in his career it’s fair game

Luka got his fair share of slander for missing last year. Some folks in here were already trying to give him a pass for possibly not making it this season and I said no sir, no excuses this time around
I miss when PCH would come in here during playoffs to tell us it was impossible for the Clippers to lose x series only for the Clippers to lose x series and for him to go ghost lol

It was a yearly NBA Thread tradition.

missing 25% of work and still being given employee of the year is not a good look in any scenario

fans need to be rewarded too for sticking by the nba when buying tickets to see their preferred players feels often like playing the lottery

The problem to me is that the NBA wants to have its cake and eat it too on this issue.

The NBA prides itself on being a players league much more than the NFL, MLB, and NHL do. Which means the superstar NBA player tends to be the main attraction when it comes to how things are marketed on tv and at the box office. The NBA markets its superstar players much more than other leagues do. Hell this goes back to the Magic and Bird days in the 80’s.

In comparison when it comes to these other leagues, the team is main attraction. There’s superstar players in those leagues as well who I’m sure fans want to see. But all the marketing and promotion is primarily on the team.

But when the NBA is marketing Lebron, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Luka etc more than the respective teams they play on. Fans are going to have an expectation that these guys play if they’re healthy as that’s what’s being marketed as the attraction. Especially when the box office for these NBA teams, (I’m not talking secondary market resell sites) tends to jack up the price when a popular player is in town. The box office charges more when Milwaukee is in town than they do when the Pistons are in town largely because of Giannis. It would be one thing if they were they charging the same price across the board no matter what team was in town. But the price varies so it’s a reasonable expectation for the reason the price is higher for some games to be playing if healthy.

Obviously injuries are a whole different matter. But the NBA put all those minimum amount of games thresholds in because the load management stuff got out of hand and was just further watering down a regular season that’s already been pretty watered down as is.

And now I can't stop thinking about NT's Steve Francis thread :lol: :smh:
360_F_85271637_BPlCKkmA9dywIe4FIyhRG3roPefpHX4I.jpg

The Nets should be required to send in video of when Ben’s “injury” occurred during the game. I’m not sure when this “injury” occurred.

NBA should hire 703 hwy 703 hwy to audit the load management policy.

He could do random visits and interrogate the players before tip off

giphy.gif
A player could have torn his ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, and meniscus the night before, but let that second like of the back-to-back be a nationally televised game on ESPN.

703 hwy 703 hwy gonna be in the back going medical examinations like...

paid-in-full-camron.gif

I mean he might not be faking. I’ll sign off on his sick leave. Just go ahead and put in your timesheet for the week Ben and make sure I get a Doctor’s note

We have data. Players are absolutely running more than ever now.

Even just ten years ago in the 2013-14 season, Parsons led the league in distance traveled. Maxey, Bridges, & Rozier have already passed him in January.

1706729065297.png
1706729098901.png

They actually track something like this? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom