The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Yet Luka gets near unconditional love in here and he whines constantly.

Steph gets celebrated and the second his team is up he starts mocking his opponents. So does Ja. So does Klay. So does alot of players.

Booker's behavior is in no way unique compared to any other all star player.

It isn't just those things.

Mans suffered through multiple losing seasons, constant changes in coaches and teammates, overachieved expectations people had for him coming out of college.

People have this weird hang up that Booker isn't allowed to act like most players in his position do.

Wardell fans love watching that man shimmy.

inb4
1669748028159.jpeg

Never understood the slander he got from this. He scored 70 goddamn points in an NBA game :lol: at like 20 lol how else was he and his teammates supposed to react

This concept of constant humility is only reserved for athletes (WE ALL KNOW WHY). Meanwhile, every billionaire gets to tout themselves as a genius when really they are just dressed-up slavers and everyone will ride their nuts until they die.

I wouldn’t say that applies to every billionaire. IMO it is really only the outspoken ones who the media gives air time to because they up animosity and tension which brings in viewers.

This is a stupid reason too

The team was struggling, the season was rough for a developing player like Booker. He went off in one game, in a loss, and his teams wanted to celebrate it.

Instead of it being a group of vets doing something nice for a young player, it gets discussed like "Oh look at Booker being arrogant".

There were people we're calling Booker overrated and a looter all during the time mans had to suffer through the Suns losing seasons.

He beat those charges, so new ones had to be invented

EYE am not co-signing that photograph as a reason to hate on him. I was just noting that was one of the reasons people disliked/dislike him. I am in agreement with you. Plus, to your point, he was hella young at the time. I can’t hate because I would have done the same thing at that age :lol: I am sure he has grown and would not do that now if he was on a losing team (or maybe even a winning one).

Can’t speak for the billionaires but it takes basically everything you got to make it to where Booker as a basketball player. I’m not trying to be humble if I’m in the .00000001 % of all basketball players

That is an acceptable and reasonable point of view but in at least American culture you just have to be prepared for people to dislike you and anticipate folks praying on your downfall. With that type of demeanor it just comes with the territory.

Steph gets celebrated and the second his team is up he starts mocking his opponents. So does Ja. So does Klay. So does alot of players.

Mans suffered through multiple losing seasons, constant changes in coaches and teammates, overachieved expectations people had for him coming out of college.

People have this weird hang up that Booker isn't allowed to act like most players in his position do.
Folks are always going to pick and choose.

Since the Suns seem to be the topic, everyone enjoyed when Klay was barking at Book but then in the next game Bridges does something back to him and “he and the team are so unlikable” :lol:

The team construction in this picture always kills me. There are 6 point guards in this picture with a few of them being under 6 ft. What was Phx doing then?

Ulis the only sub 6 footer. Knight was a combo. Same with barbosa. Ronnie price was just the OG on the team

Why does somebody have to have some sound logic behind why they don't like Book...or anyone for that matter? :lol:

I don't think anyone knows or cares why you don't like Jordan Poole. Why we politicizing Book hate?

I clown/criticize Luka & Steph on the regular for this Booker ain’t exempt from this :lol:

Ja has a certain level of coolness and likability similar to A.I. so he doesn’t get ostracized unless you’re a Warrior of Wardell

Folks are always going to pick and choose.

Since the Suns seem to be the topic, everyone enjoyed when Klay was barking at Book but then in the next game Bridges does something back to him and “he and the team are so unlikable” :lol:

Yeah, that’s extremely hypocritical :lol: Just falls under natural human behavior of something that is generally unaccepted is fine until it happens to/affects you. It’s sports. It’s entertainment. Showboating and front running shouldn’t be that big of a deal. However, comments like Bron’s after Game 6 of the 2011 Finals definitely enter a gray area, although he was telling the truth. Just kind of the way it is 🤷‍♂️

Doc Rivers and the Terrible Fanbase

The Suns: The terrible fanbase. Let those losers tell it, they had a grueling road to the Finals (they didn't, it was OD Lucky they played one healthy team and got smacked around), and last season doesn't count (It does, 60 wins, massive trash-talking to get washed in round 2) and now they're good and doing the same over the top big galaxy brain crap. I cant wait until they get washed in round two... AGAIN.

Free Devin Booker.
Front running Booker is part of the problem.

Again IDC what the players do. Very much aligned with addict4sneakers addict4sneakers on this. Those guys should be able to do/say whatever they want. They do things on that court I could never dream of doing. They have my infinite respect.

Why does somebody have to have some sound logic behind why they don't like Book...or anyone for that matter? :lol:

I don't think anyone knows or cares why you don't like Jordan Poole. Why we politicizing Book hate?
It is a discussion forum, the topic game up and we are discussing it. So yeah, I'll make my argument using logic

Secondly I dislike Poole, I have negative opinions about him, and stated I think he overrated. But most of my Poole comments in here are jokes, mainly with elpablo21 elpablo21

I don't constantly on go and on nipticking everything dude does and seriously exaggerating it.

Seems like you dislike when dude put **** out their *** to discredit Steph. What is the problem if I do it with Booker.

Back
Top Bottom