The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

It is a discussion forum, the topic game up and we are discussing it. So yeah, I'll make my argument using logic

Secondly I dislike Poole, I have negative opinions about him, and stated I think he overrated. But most of my Poole comments in here are jokes, mainly with elpablo21 elpablo21

I don't constantly on go and on nipticking everything dude does and seriously exaggerating it.

Seems like you dislike when dude put **** out their *** to discredit Steph. Why what is the problem if I do it with Booker.

Do I?

I don't think I've ever cried about ****** not liking Steph. I think every person w/ common sense knows 95% of the "hate" against Steph in here is usually nonsense anyway and just a result of him being the most popular player in the NBA's biggest adversary. I dig my feet in the sand and get "serious" when there's actual x and o talk or debates about the Chef. Not silly **** about why someone doesn't like him.

Imagine me actually trying to make sense of the logic behind most of that banter :lol:

king j king j being doing EVERYTHING you claim is "nitpicking" or "seriously exaggerating" about Book to Klay for like 2 seasons now and I ain't once asked him why. or voiced my displeasure about it. I just engage in the back and forth banter with jokes

None of these guys are humble. Zero.

I agree. Whether a superstar athlete in sport or a billionaire (or both in LeBron’s case :lol:), it takes some degree of arrogance/lack of humility to reach that level. I would like to think most folks recognize that. What people care about is how they outwardly display it through their actions. Front running/showboating is not viewed as a merely a celebration of one’s success; rather, it is generally viewed as the celebration of one’s success at the expense of someone else’s failure in a mocking sort of way.

It is wild how Book's 70 is almost never brought up EXCEPT to make fun of him :lol:
Probably because his teammates were purposely fouling in a loss while coach kept him in to pad
So then they should clown the teammates and coach.

Book was 20, mans couldn't demand to stay the game. Boston should have stopped him. Since Booker supposedly hates double teams, should have been easy.

Do I?

I don't think I've ever cried about ****** not liking Steph. I think every person w/ common sense knows 95% of the "hate" against Steph in here is usually nonsense anyway and just a result of him being the most popular player in the NBA's biggest adversary. I dig my feet in the sand and get "serious" when there's actual x and o talk or debates about the Chef. Not silly **** about why someone doesn't like him.

Imagine me actually trying to make sense of the logic behind most of that banter :lol:

king j king j being doing EVERYTHING you claim is "nitpicking" or "seriously exaggerating" about Book to Klay for like 2 seasons now and I ain't once asked him why. or voiced my displeasure about it. I just engage in the back and forth banter with jokes
Ok, sure

Fair enough

He played in an era way different from this current PC culture but Michael Jordan is a good case study for this topic. He showboated, talked all sorts of ****, assaulted teammates and was generally an ******* - but he won every time starting in 1991. He talked his **** but because he backed it up with the titles and FMVPs he was beyond reproach. I think that plays a significant part as to why folks dislike (or choose to dislike) Steph, Suns/Book/CP3, certain fanbases, etc is because they have done all that chirping only to fall short in the end.

Legit the only reason I hate a team depends on their fan base lmao

And whichever team Ben Simmons or Kyrie is on

I’m putting Danny Ainge on that list too. I want to see whatever team he’s on fail.

He’s currently failing to tank so it’s going great so far. Lol

I’m putting Danny Ainge on that list too. I want to see whatever team he’s on fail.

He’s currently failing to tank so it’s going great so far. Lol
Jazz have lost 5 straight and are down to 9th in the West. They may still salvage the tank after all.

It is a discussion forum, the topic game up and we are discussing it. So yeah, I'll make my argument using logic

Secondly I dislike Poole, I have negative opinions about him, and stated I think he overrated. But most of my Poole comments in here are jokes, mainly with elpablo21 elpablo21

I don't constantly on go and on nipticking everything dude does and seriously exaggerating it.

Seems like you dislike when dude put **** out their *** to discredit Steph. What is the problem if I do it with Booker.

rusty you my guy even tho you don’t mess with Poole Party.. but your biggest mistake was assuming logic has a place in the same thread where dudes were talking about prime Dale Davis and 13” penises in the AM

Apparently…celebrating when you’re winning and not when you’re losing :lol:

lmao ok because thats what I was gathering, but wasnt too sure :lol:

so what players ARENT front runners? Outside of Westbrook, I cant think of anybody thats talkin trash/celebrating when they are down.

Cuz Ive seen that man talk **** when he is up 5.....and Ive seen him keep the same energy when he is down 20+ :lol:

so yea I find it hard to label one player a front runner when it seems pretty obvious everyone in the L does it..

Was Dale Davis the worst all star ever? I remember a washed Anthony Mason made it too
Jamaal Magloire.

I’m glad you have to defend the entire court in today’s league.

In yesteryears you had a few guys employed whose only job was to foul Shaq 6 times :smh:

lmao ok because thats what I was gathering, but wasnt too sure :lol:

so what players ARENT front runners? Outside of Westbrook, I cant think of anybody thats talkin trash/celebrating when they are down.

Cuz Ive seen that man talk **** when he is up 5.....and Ive seen him keep the same energy when he is down 20+ :lol:

so yea I find it hard to label one player a front runner when it seems pretty obvious everyone in the L does it..

someone’s gotta post kelly oubre doing the “too little” celebration after he hit a floater… and cut his team’s deficit down to 30

:smh: Rusty in here bullying harmless NBA fans too.
Nobody safe out here from Rusty after vacation

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

what is the definition of front running? Just wanna make sure Im understanding it correctly

I never used front running for players...

Apparently…celebrating when you’re winning and not when you’re losing :lol:

lmao ok because thats what I was gathering, but wasnt too sure
:lol:

Cuz Ive seen that man talk **** when he is up 5.....and Ive seen him keep the same energy when he is down 20+
:lol:

IMO for the purposes of this discussion I believe that folks are conflating “front running” and “showboating”. They are different things but it seems they are being used interchangeably today.

Back
Top Bottom