The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

If Russ wants to win 6th man so badly, why doesn’t he volunteer to come off the bench?
Unfortunately, the Big O, Nike/Jordan Brand, OKC front office and the NBA aren’t going to get behind him for this award like they did the MVP. So he may as well keep starting.

I desperately need the Clippers to win the next game with Russ in starting lineup.

I need them to get a false sense so they can start him another 5 games after

I was the first to predict the severeness that Russ would ruin the Clippers, I once again destroyed their season, 4 years in a row now I have exactly predicted their demise and exactly how it would happen.

You can give them every #1 pick for the next 25 years, every top star, every top tier coach, an owner with the most money.... it does not matter...something or I will do something to ruin their season.

They are cursed, no matter what they will fail and will always fail.

It is their destiny, role and purpose for existing in the NBA.

They are meant to be the joke, the stepping stone, the example of what not to be.

Every year I have bet the amount of money I lost on other bets on the money line of the elimination game against the Clipps and they never fail to get me my money back for the year.

And this curse was prolly over in 2001, but they did something stupid like trade Darius Miles for Andre Miller essentially ruining their greatest team ever. And that team only won like 37 games.

The truth is the reason why I hate the Clippers is because they broke up the 2001 team. Though I am a Lakers fan, in the world of 2k I am a fan of the team I use best and that Clippers team was it.

The second they traded D Miles I no longer could see him and Q-Rich do their taunt specials and it made me hate the Clippers for ruining my favorite NBA 2K team.

And just like that my perfect lineup of LO at the point, Q-Rich at the 2, D-Miles at the 3, Elton at the 4 and Kandi Man at the 5 was ruined.

And dont say I could of traded him back, I ONLY like to play with current rosters.

All those fantasy teams, All-Star decade teams are trash to me, they are fake, dont exist.

Lamar Odom was great, but he wasnt great enough to make up for what D-Miles brought too. Andre Miller was trash, since I play with players like they do in real life, each time I crossed half court I was forced to immediately start posting and backing up, until I made the first pass to start the offense, I def used Keyon Dooling more because of this.

Eventually I transitioned to using the Knicks, to this day, the Knicks are still my 2k team.

Watching Kang in Ant-Man Quantumania, his hate for the other Kangs, I could relate with my hate for the Clippers, over something so stupid and irresponsible they did. They had gold but ruined it, making deals like children playing GM, then blaming it on poor Elgin Baylor, just because they didnt want to pay D-Miles, eventually they didnt want to pay LO too, and I made it my mission to forever thrust hate on them.

I have succeeded.

I have conquered the Clippers.

I am Promo the Conquerer.

With all these responsibilities and strife I carry on my shoulders...

I am still the greatest Lakers fan in real life on NT.

See me PERSONALLY, If EYE was a Clipper EYE wouldn't be taking this level of disrespect in March.

The media machine, the spotlight on the Lakers and their fanbase, in general, was behind the nastiness of Russ.

Clippers wont get this type of attention. Once their 4 year experiment fails after an early exit this year again, no one will really care.

Russ looking kinda vampire like not gunna lie.

Where is the Laker's did Russ wrong brigade? Y'all was peddling some NASTINESS in here after that trade.
saw some comments elsewhere that the lakers and their fans "broke" his spirit and thats why he wouldnt shoot when he was wide open

In all seriousness, clipper fans: the feeling when Russ is off your team is gonna be so good that all this struggle will be worth it. Y’all haven’t even reached the boycotting the game stage. Prepare your cheeks

Sorry clip fans but the rockets swapped the Bucks pick for the clippers pick in the Eric Gordon trade so I have to root against y’all.

Currently the clippers are at pick #17 while the bucks are #30

20230303_084819.png

That's a wild take man :lol:

Mainstream basketball commentary is the worst man

It improve unfortunately until all of "old media" is gone.

Once we have the likes of Draymond, Perkins, JJ Reddick at the forefront it will be a lot better. All the boomers like Mad Dog, Skip, etc gotta go for it to correct.

6. Marcus Morris Sr. and the Clippers' defense

The LA Clippers -- in the most important season in franchise history -- are down to 11th in points allowed per possession, and an inexcusable 23rd since Jan. 1. Some of that is bad shooting luck; LA's opponents have drained 41% from deep over their past 27 games, the highest such figure in the league.

But the dip goes beyond hot enemy shooting. The Clippers foul a lot and force few turnovers. They're springing leaks all over the place, getting lit up around the basket. Morris is the most visible offender; he has lost a half-step, and that was all the margin he had containing fast ball handlers on switches.

There have been bizarre errors everywhere, from everyone. The Clippers botch basic coverages -- switches, rotations, tracking cutters, losing shooters -- that a veteran pseudo-contender should make blindfolded. Stan Van Gundy lambasted the Clips' effort during their loss Tuesday against the Minnesota Timberwolves, and perhaps hazy focus -- a decline in mental effort -- is contributing to these breakdowns. But it looks deeper than that. Communication is off. The Clippers appear confused at times. They let go of the rope in a humiliating blowout loss against the Golden State Warriors Thursday -- their fourth straight. Do they believe anymore? They gave up 176 points in the first of those four losses.

Russell Westbrook isn't going to fix any defensive issues. Westbrook has been OK-ish for the Clippers, his flaws and skills translating in the expected doses -- netting out at something approaching neutral. (He is gagging an ungodly five turnovers per 36 minutes. No one is guarding him; the Clippers are minus-7 per 100 possessions with Westbrook on the floor.) He's even setting (a few) ball screens.

But his presence, atop a busy trade deadline, amounts to last-minute upheaval for a team that has approached the regular season for four years now as an inconvenience beneath it. Westbrook is an unusual, high-usage piece to integrate at the last minute -- even for a team with this much shooting around him. How does he fit alongside another jolting ball handler in Norman Powell? Tyronn Lue gifted Westbrook a starting spot sight unseen. Meanwhile, the Clippers traded for Eric Gordon -- and benched him in the second half against Minnesota. Why? What did Terance Mann do wrong?

Why isn't Westbrook playing every second the Clippers go five-out, resting both Ivica Zubac and Mason Plumlee? What was the point of acquiring Plumlee and Gordon before Westbrook -- designing one sort of roster, and then smashing it again?

It all evinces internal unease and a lack of faith in some quarters of the organization in what the Clippers spent four seasons building.

In theory, the Clips still have the goods to make a long playoff run. Kawhi Leonard is a superstar again. Paul George is an ideal No. 2. The Clips are deep and versatile, stocked with two-way players. But with every bad loss, the upside feels more like a theoretical pipedream. There is more uncertainty here than there should be with 17 games left. Rediscovering their core identity has to start on defense.

Back
Top Bottom