The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

I wanna see Russ on GS or in Denver.
200w (29).gif

It was nasty then and it is nasty now. It is really low IQ stuff and I expected better from NT NBA, at least on that front.

Why did you expect that? NT NBA is full of bias and agendas some of us embrace it and are honest about it. Then you have others who pretend their takes come from an objective and fair point of view.

NT NBA and mainstream sports media one in the same.

I don’t see y’all do this when people slander the lakers.

This is akin to, “Russ is a good guy, he has a family” when he’s on the lakers but when he leaves and sucks on another team it’s open season :smh:

Why did you expect that? NT NBA is full of bias and agendas some of us embrace it and are honest about it. Then you have others who pretend their takes come from an objective and fair point of view.

NT NBA and mainstream sports media one in the same.

To be clear - EYE am not in the group of folks you are referring to. He was CLEARLY a detrimental player for Day 1 in the Lakers to me so it should not be a surprise ANYONE that he is for the Clippers.

For better or worse, NT NBA has forced me to view the NBA (and all sports tbh) neutrally because some of the fandom I have seen on here has made me realize how it can completely skew your view of sports reality. I can call a spade a spade.

I think it started with LeBron's "keep that same energy" tweet

This is another thing I can objectively admit - I think players/teams should have the utmost confidence in their abilities. Internally.

When the LEADERS OF THE TEAM start saying "Keep that same energy" or "We ain't worried about the West", it's open season because they officially opened their teams up to scrutiny.

My goodness imagine the clips completely miss the playoffs after acquiring Russ. Just those optics and him being blamed for it will put him out of the league next season imo
They'd get demolished in the 1st round anyway which is why I don't think they have the heart to fight for a playoff berth

Hell nah. That discourse was nasty when the Lakers had Dwight & Melo.

3 hall of famers in the starting lineup for the Clippers. Only other team with 3 Hall of Famers is the defending champion Warriors. No excuses.

To be fair, Y’all had like EIGHT Future HOF (including the supposed “goat” :lol:). You had talking heads predicting y’all would win 70 games. There was positive discourse, that the 2021-2022 Lakers were the most stacked team ever. Other people tried to be realist, and say they were old/injury concerns. To calm down, and that Russ will still struggle.

But we were TOLD, to “kEeP tHe sAmE eNerGy”

DB3B0C32-956D-435A-BE25-7D1F85CEFB4A.jpeg

That is all that happened :lol:

We have to stop being disingenuous when saying a team has "X amount of HOFers" when 1 or more of those guys isn't playing at their HOF level anymore. That's on par with the mainstream discourse that y'all hate so much.

Yes, the Clippers have three HOFers in their starting lineup; however, only two are still playing at their HOF level. Russ is a HOFer that is barely playing at rotation player level right now.
You're doing the thing..

Yes, the Clippers have three HOFers in their starting lineup; however, only two are still playing at their HOF level. Russ is a HOFer that is barely playing at rotation player level right now.
PG has not played like and HOFer this year. To be completely honest, I'm not even sure he deserved his all-star spot. Yes, his stats look good, but he's been downright bad in a lot of clutch situations this season. And that's a big part of the reason why they're struggling after adding Russ. PG needs to be better or they're not getting out of this tailspin they're in.

To be fair, Y’all had like EIGHT Future HOF (including the supposed “goat” :lol:). You had talking heads predicting y’all would win 70 games. There was positive discourse, that the 2021-2022 Lakers were the most stacked team ever. Other people tried to be realist, and say they were old/injury concerns. To calm down, and that Russ will still struggle.

But we were TOLD, to “kEeP tHe sAmE eNerGy”

DB3B0C32-956D-435A-BE25-7D1F85CEFB4A.jpeg

That is all that happened :lol:

This exactly what I mean :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For example, I was one of those folks high on GSW coming into the season. After 30 games and seeing how they were playing, I admitted that they weren't as good as I suspected and in fact similar to the Lakers.

1677862393621.png

I was partially wrong - Lakers made moves to move the needle. However, they won't be getting the 4-6 seed while GSW has a legit shot at 4-6 :lol:
I was partially right - Injuries popped up for Step, Bron and AD.

The biggest difference between the teams is that the Warriors seemed to have played better through their key player being injured and the West is extremely tight so they will reach their ceiling while the Lakers will not.

You win some, you lose some 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom