The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

Still some consolidation that could be done in Indy. They probably don’t need all 4 of Toppings/Stix/Walker/Jackson behind Siakam and Turner.

The haul is fine I guess given the circumstances.

but again, the circumstances are the result of bad Masai decisions.

We should have blown if up last trade deadline, and we shouldn't have made that insane trade for Jakob Poetl.

but alas here we are.

3 first rounders to be a second round exit at best is kinda yikes

feel like they needed to add someone who can at least play defense and pascal is a turnstile on the D

Are they just not supposed to try to make their team better?

Don’t get this line of thinking.
I don't get firing off all your draft capital - and soon to be cap flexibility if you're paying Siakam $50ms annually - to be one move away from being a move away.

But I'm not gonna be mad at the Pacers going for it. And Carlisle's told everyone that will listen for year he doesn't give a **** about picks and young talent.

Everyone can’t be a bottom dweller forever hoping to win out in the lottery. Pacers found themselves with a great first building block in Hali and have to do right by him by putting talent around him.

I don't get firing off all your draft capital - and soon to be cap flexibility if you're paying Siakam $50ms annually - to be one move away from being a move away.

But I'm not gonna be mad at the Pacers going for it. And Carlisle's told everyone that will listen for year he doesn't give a **** about picks and young talent.
They didn’t fire off all their draft capital though. Not even close :lol:

They have all of their other first round picks outside of 2024 and 2026 and a bunch of second rounders. Still have Mathurin and Walker. Have salary matching with Buddy’s contract if they want to make more moves.

Wonder how much Walker or Mathurin would've reduced the pick compensation. Maybe it would've just been the one pick owed to them by OKC.
they made the better choice imo

Walker and mathurin have upside

I’m sure Rick will trot out

Hali
Mathurin
Siakam
Walker
Turner

At some point before they inevitably trade turner

The 2026 pick is the only one that hurts. Them losing two picks for this draft is way better than trading Walker or mathurin as B Sox B Sox laid out

Whoever Indy takes in the 2nd round probably has just as good of a shot to crack their oddly deep rotation than whoever they would’ve taken outside of the lottery in this upcoming draft.

Jarace Walker was the 8th pick and has played 127 minutes this year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom