The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

Also people are severely underrating those 2009 and 2010 Cavs seasons. Bro dragged garbage to 60 plus wins TWICE. Kobe had a squad. Boston had a squad. You got to remember this was before the super team era. For that era they were stacked compared to those trash *** Cavs teams. Jamrio moon and old *** shaq

Got washed by Dwert, robbed us all of the Nike Puppet Finals.

Have a bit of a hard time making the Miami move some huge blemish for Bron. He played in Cleveland for 7 years with really no other high level guys. Yes, Mo Williams had one all-star nod and Big Z had a couple.

He wasn’t fortunate to get put in positions like Magic/Bird/MJ/Kobe/Shaq did with teammates. And that’s obviously the company he wanted to join.

Have a bit of a hard time making the Miami move some huge blemish for Bron. He played in Cleveland for 7 years with really no other high level guys. Yes, Mo Williams had one all-star nod and Big Z had a couple.

He wasn’t fortunate to get put in positions like Magic/Bird/MJ/Kobe/Shaq did with teammates.
Cavs big moves around that time we're washed Antawn Jamison and power washed Shaq :lol:. Mo Williams and Larry Hughes were probably the best players he played with then, not another HOFer like some of these legends.

They didn't pull the trigger on an Amare deal because they believed in JJ Hickson...

Those Cavs were ran horribly and still ended up with high or no.1 seeds more often than not

The Cleveland 2.0 run was night and day.

MJ lost games. Retired. Came back and lost. He had blemishes. His career was longer than 6 seasons

KD, Steph, Bron and others invest in their bodies. He’s just the oldest one. Assuming because guys are getting big money they don’t care is nasty. They don’t care any less than any era before them.

Ok what about todays foul baiting? Todays 24 second shot clock rule? Todays recovery/medicine/surgeries.

There are a lot of advantages todays stars have as well to prolong their careers and pad those stats.

You can say that about 95% of todays NBA. Lebron investing in his body more than anyone else in every era.

When I think of GOAT, I think of zero blemishes. Perfection on the court as an individual and his teams. That's only MJ.
You’re erasing Wizards Jordan from your memory

You can say that about 95% of todays NBA. Lebron investing in his body more than anyone else in every era.

When I think of GOAT, I think of zero blemishes. Perfection on the court as an individual and his teams. That's only MJ.
Zero blemishes?

He couldn’t beat any of the great 80s teams until they aged out and the competition got worse.

Quit twice because he was too mentally/physically frail for the grind.

Lost to the Magic.

Didn’t make playoffs with the Wizards.

I love Shai, but SGA is not individually dominating the league on MJ type of levels. That’s Jokic and Luka and Giannis right now

What I’m saying is….You said that “no 6’6, 200lb SG is “dominating” in this era.” You didn’t say to the level of Michael Jordan. You said to the level of Paul George and Kevin Durant :lol:

Shai is averaging 31ppg, leading his team to 60 wins in the west and finishing in second in mvp voting…all with a midrange shot, and only attempting 2.5- 3.5 threes a game.

That would be considered mid to low for the mid 90s. Even Mike was taking more 3s than Shai in 2024, back in 95, 96 etc

I’m saying that to say that the players back then were also great, highly skilled and it wasn’t that long ago. I’m using that point to illustrate that Michael Jordan would be Michael Jordan in any era. He’s THAT great. And the comp he played against was elite….until now we act like they’re plumbers :lol:

One thing that is interesting is how this era has gone from being soft and watered down….to all of the sudden the most talented and greatest of all time. While simultaneously, the “golden era” of basketball is now talked about as unskilled, weak, and plumbers.

We’ve done an inverse in a matter of years. And it’s wild to see with perception. Nobody is keeping it real anymore in these debates. All muddied watered, and it’s by design.

Michael Jordan is the standard in basketball. Lebron still hasn’t met it. And he’s still chasing that. And he has real blemishes that one can’t over look. These are the facts. This is not an indictment on LeBron James. But rather a testament to the bar MJ set.

Lebron is setting the bar in another arena. And we see guys like KD/Steph etc following suit with sustaining greatness at a high level for a long period of time. And ownership.

Another underrated master class. I damn near cried after this game. I don’t know if there is a player who rises to the occasion on game 7’s like Bron. Result be dammed.

:lol: Your responses on anything basketball related are terrible whether it’s about LeBron or not

Since you have an alert on every time I post. Go use the search feature and pull every post I was wrong about. I want this on my desk tomorrow by 9am EST kid

Ok what about todays foul baiting? Todays 24 second shot clock rule? Todays recovery/medicine/surgeries.

There are a lot of advantages todays stars have as well to prolong their careers and pad those stats.
Foul baiting has what do with longevity? You think embiid is going to play until he’s 40?

Guys are prolonging their careers because they care. Larry bird was the king of 2 cities and was paving his own driveway. Magic was a DEVIANT. half the league in the 80s was on cocaine. Isiah Thomas woke up at 31 and pulled a cutty. Dennis Rodman was going to Vegas in the finals. Dominique Wilkins was putting up tyreek hill numbers. Spare me the old head talk.

It would be one thing if Bron only did it in Miami, but mans did it 2 other times and once again in a conference that was already piss poor talent wise.

You as the 2 time MVP go to play with 2 of the only other legit multiple all-star, all NBA players in Wade and Bosh (Wade being a top 3 guy himself at the time) then going back to Cleveland to play with Myrie and trade for Love. And finally get them to jettinson everyone for the next big thing in AD with the Show.

Him stacking the deck in the Leastern conference is a huge part of his legacy and really high on the list of things that props him up (the whole 8 straight Finals run). That hasn't been even close to happening in the West.

Lebron stopped playing consistent defense as soon as he got back to Cleveland from Miami though. Playoff Lebron and regular season lebron became two different players. He wasn't like that when I was growing up. But he had longevity in mind I believe.

Foul baiting has what do with longevity? You think embiid is going to play until he’s 40?

Guys are prolonging their careers because they care. Larry bird was the king of 2 cities and was paving his own driveway. Magic was a DEVIANT. half the league in the 80s was on cocaine. Isiah Thomas woke up at 31 and pulled a cutty. Dennis Rodman was going to Vegas in the finals. Dominique Wilkins was putting up tyreek hill numbers. Spare me the old head talk.

No 7 footers playing till 40. Yet.

Guys are prolonging their careers because modern medicine and todays contracts make it possible. Ofcourse they care, but its also because they actually can now.

It would be one thing if Bron only did it in Miami, but mans did it 2 other times and once again in a conference that was already piss poor talent wise.

You as the 2 time MVP go to play with 2 of the only other legit multiple all-star, all NBA players in Wade and Bosh (Wade being a top 3 guy himself at the time) then going back to Cleveland to play with Myrie and trade for Love. And finally get them to jettinson everyone for the next big thing in AD with the Show.

Him stacking the deck in the Leastern conference is a huge part of his legacy and really high on the list of things that props him up (the whole 8 straight Finals run). That hasn't been even close to happening in the West.
dont forget the 2nd best shooter of all time.... JESUS SHUTTERWORTH.

Back
Top Bottom