The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

Maxey the best player on the team and is a PG.

He's a secondary playmaker at best. Being able to constantly make plays for other should be his next leap. That's why I was bummed Batum made a lifstyle decision to go back to LA.

With that said, I kinda like Fultz on a minimum and have Lowry off the bench (or they can switch starter roles).

Who in MJs era was as good as KD, Steph, Kawhi, Jokic?

Magic was old. He did beat Zeke what the third time? I mess with Barkley but he wasn’t better than Dirk who lebron lost too. Shaq was young. Never faced Hakeem. We don’t respect Malone as a human. Drexler was good but he isn’t a goat

Magic in 91, was second in MVP voting, the Lakers won 60 games that year, and had 3 all stars.

Clyde in 92 was an all timer. He’s a top 50 guy.

93 suns were about as deep of a basketball team as you can get. Charles Barkley has been considered a top 15 player up until like 2020 :lol:. That Suns team was deeper than the bulls

Karl Malone is a scumbag, but an MVP & all time great. John Stockton is also now underrated. And he’s an all time great pg too.

Gary Payton is up there man.

This is just off the top of my head. You’re the one “discrediting” now.

everyone talks about the skillset and athleticism of todays players vs 80s and 90s... it was also a lot harder to score back in the day because the defense was more physical compared to todays game... and MJ averaging 30 plus in the 90s without really shooting 3's tells you how dominant he was... can you imagine in todays game no defense played every foul being called he would be feasting...
Sir MJ shot more FTs on average, played more minutes on average, played in the crackhead 80s era where defense was optional and teams sent 4 to the glass.

Saying that to say, these things even out

Magic in 91, was second in MVP voting, the Lakers won 60 games that year, and had 3 all stars.

93 suns were about as deep of a basketball team as you can get. Charles Barkley has been considered a top 15 player up until like 2020 :lol:. That Suns team was deeper than the bulls

Karl Malone is a scumbag, but an MVP & all time great. John Stockton is also now underrated. And he’s an all time great pg too.

Magic historically is better than anyone addict4sneakers addict4sneakers listed. Sorry, Wardell.

now we’re putting more importance on FT % than 3pt %

Now FTs don’t matter?

A 32% 3pt and 84% Ft shooter vs 34% 3pt and 73%…

Free throws “aren’t important”…. But they somehow contribute to all players point totals in which Bron is the all time leader :lol:

Magic was old. He did beat Zeke what the third time? I mess with Barkley but he wasn’t better than Dirk who lebron lost too. Shaq was young. Never faced Hakeem. We don’t respect Malone as a human. Drexler was good but he isn’t a goat
But that is exactly why this comparison is asinine. The game became global, commoditized thanks to college/AAU/NBA, sports medicine became better, etc. The competition is better now. It’s not a knock against MJ. It just is what it is.
This is why it's pointless to compare across generations. Players like Bird and MJ wouldn't be shooting less than two 3PT attempts per game if they played today :lol:
Exactly. Larry was known for his touch. You’re saying folks wouldn’t be gassing him today as a better KD?
everyone talks about the skillset and athleticism of todays players vs 80s and 90s... it was also a lot harder to score back in the day because the defense was more physical compared to todays game... and MJ averaging 30 plus in the 90s without really shooting 3's tells you how dominant he was... can you imagine in todays game no defense played every foul being called he would be feasting...
The MJ vs Lebron debate is so pointless. I think the sunscreen on blacks is probably better since we don’t have any statistics lol.

Gassing Kawhi off of that one playoff run, he belongs nowhere near those other names.
How can someone be named one of the 75 greatest players to ever live off of one run? :lol:

FMFa7kyXoAImJSQ (1).jpeg

Doesn't work like that, him turning the Lakers down doesn't make him a plumber :lol:

Clyde top 50 might be a reach. No shade to him.
Stockton is highly overrated. Elite scammer man.
Suns team was deep but they played no defense. We can watch that film agaisnt the bulls.
Magic was SICK.

Im not discrediting any top 75 guys but in the perimeter there was little to no competition for MJ. Not his fault

Bron played in an era where STEVE NASH was a two time MVP :lol: :lol: :rofl:

If that ain’t an indictment on his era, I don’t know what to tell you :lol: :lol:

How can someone be named one of the 75 greatest players to ever live off of one run? :lol:

FMFa7kyXoAImJSQ (1).jpeg

Doesn't work like that, him turning the Lakers down doesn't make him a plumber :lol:

I just said he doesn't belong with KD, Wardell and Joker. Who have had sustained greatness.

But in this era, a 6'6 SG thats only 200 lbs and cant shoot the three isnt dominating like how he did back then. There were no KD's back then, there was no PG's. Michael Jordan was THE FREAK for like his first 4-5 seasons. He just happened to also be fundamentally sound.

Well this just isn’t true. And I wish yall would do more research.

IMG_8936.jpeg

Shai averaged 31ppg, and shot 2.5 threes a game:

IMG_8935.jpeg

Not slandering Magic. 2nd best PG ever. Man was playing with the bug though. He cooked that young warriors team. Pip had him in jail and that bulls team was wayyyyy too athletic. Every missed rebound that series was a track meet with pip and Jordan getting dunks.
There’s nothing that puts Steve over Magic.

Magic top 5.

Steve ain’t even top 10.

Compare their résumés

MJ was dominating after downing a 6 pack and doing a couple of lines. Maybe wrapped his knees up in some scotch tape here and there.

Lebron has all the modern day medicine in the world, forcefully teamed up with other HOF'ers and still isnt better.

Lets cut this out. There is only one GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom