The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

Clippers probably aren’t going to figure it out if they haven’t by now. It’s basketball, not rocket science. These guys saw how it went early on. If they were serious they’d be in the gym working on it. Too many stars who still want to be stars. But it all boils down to why did they even want Harden??

Offenses this year have been insane. A lot of talk about the Pacers but look at my Sixers

I don’t do social media. Are #MaxeyMax tweets trending because I would push that narrative if I’m his agents :lol:

I love Tobi but if you can move that expiring for someone more productive then you have to do it. The Bulls are the obvious target but I would be a bit shook about that Lavine contract with the Embiid Supermax and looming #MaxeyMax. I believe timing would actually allow you to add someone else, though but need the Sixers fan or pmatic pmatic to confirm

:smokin
FB_IMG_1701181033522.jpg

I don’t do social media. Are #MaxeyMax tweets trending because I would push that narrative if I’m his agents :lol:

I love Tobi but if you can move that expiring for someone more productive then you have to do it. The Bulls are the obvious target but I would be a bit shook about that Lavine contract with the Embiid Supermax and looming #MaxeyMax. I believe timing would actually allow you to add someone else, though but need the Sixers fan or pmatic pmatic to confirm
If we hold Tobias but trade other expiring contracts like Morris/Covington, we can use his contract to get someone during FA

Talking to other Sixers peeps and the consensus is OG as the target but I’d prefer getting Lauri (Ainge I know). Still want to get Caruso

If we hold Tobias but trade other expiring contracts like Morris/Covington, we can use his contract to get someone during FA

Talking to other Sixers peeps and the consensus is OG as the target but I’d prefer getting Lauri (Ainge I know). Still want to get Caruso

I don’t know how numbers work out but Caruso AND OG would be great. Respectfully, I don’t think one or the other changes the odds. Maybe OG, though. Potentially a Spicy P too but you didn’t even mention him.

Congrats on the courtside seats against the Bulls by the way :nthat: I don’t know if it is your first time but it changes the fan experience. Is it on the first or second game of the B2B against them?

Its still November but losing to Reggie Jackson and DeAndre Jordan in 2023 when all your stars are playing isn’t a good look :lol:

@HIM lawdog1 lawdog1 and others - what is the solution for this Clippers roster? I feel like I can GM (not sure if I trade for Harden but I can see why they did it) but definitely am not HC’ing :lol: Just wanted a fans and hoops experts perspective on what they need to be doing different because sub-.500 feels unacceptable
IMO, a big issue with the team is simply attitude/approach/desire (heart). They just do not get up for every game the way that they need to. With the long NBA season, that's going to happen to most teams occasionally, but this Clippers team way too often acts like they can just show up to a game and still win without playing as hard as the other team. That's why you get games like last night and the home loss to Memphis earlier in the season.

There's no obvious or easy fix for that problem since I think to some extent that's just who Kawhi, PG and Harden are. Maybe bringing in a more intense, less player-friendly coach than Ty could help, but I kind of doubt it.

Last edited:
Teams’ attitudes and toughness, in addition to its stars, largely reflect that of the HC. How good of a leader of men is Ty really?

He threw in the towel rather early against the Knicks & I thought it was a sawft boy move.

There’s only so much heart Brodie can give but he’s supposed to produce too :ohwell:.

They are first and foremost prioritizing development and figuring out 'what they have' in nearly every situation. They are very intentionally doing a lot of the weird things they are doing. It's how they want to do it on the way to the next step.

I know it isn't going to be popular at times, but it simply is the organizational plan. They've been as plain as day about it. Both Presti and Mark.
I know. That's how you lose games trying to give Dieng minutes when he clearly isn't ready yet. But he essentially costed up 3frps so you want to squeeze something out of him

Chet and Cason are looking amazing. Cason's shooting and finishing probably have to regress to the mean soon or those Jrue Holiday comparisons aren't far off

Ya no team that trots out AD/Bron should lose by 40+

Bball paul with a cool +33 in 16mins

Maybe the lakers reddit will know who he is now :rofl:

I wasn't fully paying attention to the game, but essentially it was a 20-25 point deficit before HiP inserted the end of bench guys with eight minutes left in the game and it ballooned to a 40 point deficit.

Garbage shooting night (surprise surprise) coupled with a garbage gameplan/coaching.

Teams’ attitudes and toughness, in addition to its stars, largely reflect that of the HC. How good of a leader of men is Ty really?

He threw in the towel rather early against the Knicks & I thought it was a sawft boy move.

There’s only so much heart Brodie can give but he’s supposed to produce too :ohwell:.
He’s coaching 4 dudes who are used to being All NBA level players in this league. Is it a reflection of him or them? He had no issue in Cleveland

Its still November but losing to Reggie Jackson and DeAndre Jordan in 2023 when all your stars are playing isn’t a good look :lol:

@HIM lawdog1 lawdog1 and others - what is the solution for this Clippers roster? I feel like I can GM (not sure if I trade for Harden but I can see why they did it) but definitely am not HC’ing :lol: Just wanted a fans and hoops experts perspective on what they need to be doing different because sub-.500 feels unacceptable
There’s no trades, Kawhi & Harden just have to get in shape.

Kawhi hasn’t looked like himself all year besides that Laker game, and even in that game he tailed off significantly in the 2nd half because of the b2b.
He had like 4 straight possessions last night where he was ONLY looking to get fouled :lol: I’ve never seen that He & Durant are the masters of just getting to your spot & rising up. Defender, scheme, refs all irrelevant.

He’s still working himself back from yet another season ending injury from the previous year. He didn’t look right last year until January so maybe it’ll take that long again.

Harden should be ready by now but yea :lol:

The late game offense is also clunky because they don’t know how they want to play. It’s your turn my turn now, no real roles, no identity.

That should get cleared up with more reps…. And some creativity from Ty. Spain PnRs & other action. In Cleveland when Kyrie was going to work he didn’t have Bron just standing there watching him.

The final concern here is Harden’s defense. Reggie was hunting him, blowing by & finishing. The biggest thing here is PG/Kawhi have to fight harder at refusing the switch. You can stick Harden on the weakside corner shooter & pre switch when his man goes to set the screen at the top like the Celtics used to do with Isiah Thomas. You can only do this if Mann is on the floor instead of Russ which wasn’t the case last night :lol:

You basically want the offense to burn as much clock as possible getting that switch. This also goes back to lawdog1 lawdog1 point about the intensity not being high enough right now :lol:

Same. I like what Tobi is providing us this year and I’m not too sure about Lavines fit and contract.

Caruso will be great even though there’s going to be a bidding war on him.

Masai already turned down 4 firsts for him last year so I doubt he’ll do anything this year, probably let him walk for nothing like FVV.

This one isn’t as popular, but Gordon Hayward does intrigue me as a wing and a secondary playmaker on an expiring contract.

I saw the game from the Philly broadcast and they are so Philly over there. They had a segment where they had 6ers identifying pictures of rappers and they had freaking CASSIDY on there as one. I was like sheesh soundcloud legend Cassidy? I dont think these Gen Zs even know what soundcloud is/was

I saw the game from the Philly broadcast and they are so Philly over there. They had a segment where they had 6ers identifying pictures of rappers and they had freaking CASSIDY on there as one. I was like sheesh soundcloud legend Cassidy? I dont think these Gen Zs even know what soundcloud is/was
We not about to slander Cass on this beautiful Tuesday morning

He’s coaching 4 dudes who are used to being All NBA level players in this league. Is it a reflection of him or them? He had no issue in Cleveland
Srs w/ the Lebron led Cavs vs this band of misfits? That’s one of the goats at his peak you’re speaking on. ________ would have gotten the ring if it wasn’t Lue.

I don’t know how numbers work out but Caruso AND OG would be great. Respectfully, I don’t think one or the other changes the odds. Maybe OG, though. Potentially a Spicy P too but you didn’t even mention him.

Congrats on the courtside seats against the Bulls by the way :nthat: I don’t know if it is your first time but it changes the fan experience. Is it on the first or second game of the B2B against them?
ADVERTISEMENT
It’s gonna be for work. Some technology they have in the arena we might use for the stadium.

I’ve been behind the bench before on a few occasions. It’s dope​

Back
Top Bottom