The Official NBA Season Thread

Play your division opponents 3x
Play the rest of your conference 2x
Play the other conference 2x

62 games in the same amount of time.
The problem to me 60 feels like just enough to lose money and not enough to make the games feel more important.

the only way to not lose money while cutting games is to make the games way more valuable TV product.

and to do that you need to really cut it down to 40-50 so each game feels closer to life or death like EPL soccer.

58 would certainly better.

I'm being agressive with 40 but I think it would really ratchet up the pressure of each game.

40 games there is no room for error.
I def wouldn't miss a major national TV game.
Your right across everything except the stadium thing.

Basketball is played on a small court, soccer, football, baseball are played on gigantic fields.

No one wants to be in the building just to have to watch on a screen which is what happens when they do that during the NCAA's or like when the Spurs played at the Alamodome this year.

Basketball should be like boxing and the face is the average person won't really be able to attend a game like that in major cities but the TV product would be so much better it would make up for it so quick.

Your right across everything except the stadium thing.

Basketball is played on a small court, soccer, football, baseball are played on gigantic fields.

No one wants to be in the building just to have to watch on a screen which is what happens when they do that during the NCAA's or like when the Spurs played at the Alamodome this year.

Basketball should be like boxing and the face is the average person won't really be able to attend a game like that in major cities but the TV product would be so much better it would make up for it so quick.

I mostly agree

but like id bet people would pay for those nosebleed seats even just to watch the Jumbotron.
if will pay for, I think you meet the demand.

if there were only 20 homes games 20k arenas I think tickets would be even more expensive.
you'd price out normal people totally id think.

Going from 1,230 total games in a season to 600 doesn't seem prudent to me from a financial perspective.

This right here. My fear is it was the plantar and he just used adrenaline to get through the game because he had zero lift after that and just used his post moves to get by. If it's torn or partially torn it's gonna be a horrible season close. Time for some serious carbon fiber inserts.
Thought the same thing. Had that injury before and reacted the same way, when saying I heard/felt a pop.

😳. Def plantar if not cap for legacy.

Screenshot_20230227_204005_Google.jpg

Think Brogdon and Powell have separated themselves from the field. But Powell might be squeezed for minutes with all the recent Clipper additions.

The problem to me 60 feels like just enough to lose money and not enough to make the games feel more important.

the only way to not lose money while cutting games is to make the games way more valuable TV product.

and to do that you need to really cut it down to 40-50 so each game feels closer to life or death like EPL soccer.

50 + a mid-season tourney and I'd be content. The NBA could get really creative if they wanted to. Just got make sure it's right the first time and that the tourney holds significance in some way(s).

Thought the same thing. Had that injury before and reacted the same way, when saying I heard/felt a pop.
Same here. It was during a rec league game and I also kept playing - pain was tolerable because of adrenaline. But it hurt like hell afterward, for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom