The Official NBA Season Thread

atlsfinest atlsfinest Greek the Freak is my dude but there is nothing he can realistically do to ever be a CONSENSUS Top 5 player of all time. Culturally, he isn't important enough for anyone to even put him in that group. No chance.

Interesting

Culturally, I 100% agree with you but I think he can continue to awards, accolades and titles. Like Gill said in the video though, it's a tough group to break into. Although I'm not super big into comparing players from different eras (different rules, different positions, different circumstances, etc) , here is my top five:

LeBron
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Bird

When you look at this group, the minimum barrier of entry is three championships and three MVPs.

1. I think Giannis has potential to be a top five player if he continues on his current trajectory and his body holds up.

2. Even being a Lakers fan and Kobe Bryant literally being the reason that I watch basketball in the first place, I believe that he's slightly overrated. I have him in the 8-10 range, not the top 5. It is interesting that former and current players seem to have Kobe ranked very highly though.

that's gunna depend a ton on how Gannis skillset ages.

Given his reliance on athleticism, offense might be a problem as he gets older.

We've already seen a big drop in his efficiency in his age 28 season.
could be a blip, but gotta wait and see.

also, he got extremely lucky in that championship run.
they got the perfect draw, and still had problems.

1. I think Giannis has potential to be a top five player if he continues on his current trajectory and his body holds up.

2. Even being a Lakers fan and Kobe Bryant literally being the reason that I watch basketball in the first place, I believe that he's slightly overrated. I have him in the 8-10 range, not the top 5. It is interesting that former and current players seem to have Kobe ranked very highly though.

His resume is top 5ish for sure

And the impact he had on a generation and his peers is significant.

Not surprising at all tbh.

a while ago, this guy was hyped to be it......

Can’t lie. That summer league was lit and he dropped like 30 on Phoenix in the first week of the season. I thought he was the one

Then he proceeded to average 2 air ball layups per game and 3.1 side of the backboard threes :lol:

330544380_167251339451188_6577018998668720240_n.jpg
Sometimes I forget Murray went to Kentucky

Back
Top Bottom