The Official NBA Season Thread

20230522_000831.jpg

1684729938577.jpeg

They were coming off a Chip the previous year though. And they had the best player in the league.
Rockets had a ton of injuries that year and is the main reason they were 6th seed. Yeah it didn't seem as surprising. The one that always sticks for me is the Pistons/Lakers.

I know you could tell the Lakers were fracturing but the overwhelming result was not expected.

They were coming off a Chip the previous year though. And they had the best player in the league.
Nah, best player in the league in '95 was David Robinson who won MVP of regular season. Olajuwon came in 5th in the voting behind Robinson, Shaq, Malone, and Ewing.

Nobody saw HOU winning the 95 title despite them winning the chip in '94. Everyone thought PHX or SA was going to represent the West in the Finals that year. ORL was favored to win it all pretty much the whole season.

It really peeved me that I’m my lifetime I saw an NFL team go 16-0 and lose in the Super Bowl and a team go 73-9 and lose the NBA Finals. Might never see 17-0 or 74-8 in my lifetime
The way NBA regular seasons go now we may never see another 70 win team for a long time.

Nah, best player in the league in '95 was David Robinson who won MVP of regular season. Olajuwon came in 5th in the voting behind Robinson, Shaq, Malone, and Ewing.

Nobody saw HOU winning the 95 title despite them winning the chip in '94. Everyone thought PHX or SA was going to represent the West in the Finals that year. ORL was favored to win it all pretty much the whole season.

MVP =/= Best player in the league.

Hakeem cooked DRob in their matchup that year too. With MJ on his hiatus, Im pretty sure it was a consensus around the league that Dream was the best player in basketball

MVP =/= Best player in the league.

Hakeem cooked DRob in their matchup that year too. With MJ on his hiatus, Im pretty sure it was a consensus around the league that Dream was the best player in basketball
Hindsight is 20-20. He cooked DRob in the playoffs but like I said, nobody expected it prior to the series starting. Before the playoffs started, nobody was expecting Hakeem to cook like he did and certainly nobody expected the Rockets to win the title before the playoffs started. That's my point.

Your original question was which team did nobody expect to win the title. When the Rockets battled injuries all year, they were forced to trade for Drexler. Even after they got Clyde, they still weren't the favorites to come out of the West.

Moreover, before the playoffs started DRob and Shaq were widely considered as the best players in the league, leading their teams to the best record in their respective conferences.

Last edited:
Just watched Air. That was really good. I really hope Wembayama brings some sizzle back to the game this modern stack is not it.

I really wonder who the next great super athletic wing is going to be. Himmy is showing just how important the midrange and mental fortitude really is. Mike really had it all.

Back
Top Bottom