The Official NBA Season Thread

Sigh... #WizKids we here, slow and steady I guess

That NTC was really nasty work, but hoping for brighter days

I think it is a time to be hopeful. pmatic pmatic mentioned it yesterday and it was discussed on ESPN this AM too but Winger being a former OKC guy means that the Wizards will probably be the new team to use their cap space to take on bad contracts in exchange for picks and build through the draft. I like the potential youth movement.

Don’t forget Michael Winger was working for the clippers like 30 minutes ago. He should do us a solid and make sure CP3 comes back home.

Don’t forget Michael Winger was working for the clippers like 30 minutes ago. He should do us a solid and make sure CP3 comes back home.
Don't think the Clippers can sign CP if he gets bought-out so a trade has to happen to land him.

David Griffin messed up by exposing his hand for all other 29 teams to see.

Someone w/ more can jump on the lines w/ Charlotte to work a deal for that 2nd pick.

In that case, Pels are either compelled to play ball w/ the new team or change [or rather keep going] the course.

So if CP0 is traded to Clips he will make $40M this season!?
Capture.PNG

Don't think the Clippers can sign CP if he gets bought-out so a trade has to happen to land him.

Why wouldn't the Clippers be able to sign him for a Vet Min? I thought they couldn't (or at least shouldn't) trade for him because they would have to use assets. If he gets waived and clears waivers then they could sign him for the vet min (same with Lakers).

I thought the situation you are alluding to is with the Suns. If it is just a PHX-WAS trade and the Wizards waive him outright then he can't re-sign with the Wiz. But if the Wiz trade CP3 to a third team who then waives him then CP3 can re-sign with Phoenix immediately.

CP3 was talmbout getting finding out he got traded on the plane but he also got a $15MM bonus because his contract was guaranteed and he has the chance to be closer to his family playing for an LA Team. Hell of a Father's Day

I hope winger gets the time to rebuild this. I know ownership said they are patient, but I have seen many instances where owners panic and not let the process play out with gms, coaches, players, etc

Why wouldn't the Clippers be able to sign him for a Vet Min? I thought they couldn't (or at least shouldn't) trade for him because they would have to use assets. If he gets waived and clears waivers then they could sign him for the vet min (same with Lakers).

I thought the situation you are alluding to is with the Suns. If it is just a PHX-WAS trade and the Wizards waive him outright then he can't re-sign with the Wiz. But if the Wiz trade CP3 to a third team who then waives him then CP3 can re-sign with Phoenix immediately.

CP3 was talmbout getting finding out he got traded on the plane but he also got a $15MM bonus because his contract was guaranteed and he has the chance to be closer to his family playing for an LA Team. Hell of a Father's Day
Because the Clippers are in the second apron already.

Because the Clippers are in the second apron already.

Ahhh I was aware of the second apron rules you posted yesterday but blanked on the fact the Clippers are above that.

So knowing this information, why is anyone talking about CP3 to the Clippers :lol: Can they even get below the second apron this season??

Nothing worse than being in a non-major market. We never attract any of the big name FA’s. Atlanta should be an easy sell to players, the city has plenty going on but we get curved by all of the big fish.

Nothing worse than being in a non-major market. We never attract any of the big name FA’s. Atlanta should be an easy sell to players, the city has plenty going on but we get curved by all of the big fish.

Kind of the same issue as Orlando. Those teams have decent history, but they’ll be good for a couple years then fall off fast. Very inconsistent franchises

Reactions: ace
I think it is a time to be hopeful. pmatic pmatic mentioned it yesterday and it was discussed on ESPN this AM too but Winger being a former OKC guy means that the Wizards will probably be the new team to use their cap space to take on bad contracts in exchange for picks and build through the draft. I like the potential youth movement.
Unless they get a top 2 pick in some “can’t miss” drafts, the Wiz will find a way to mess those picks up

And I don’t even wanna imagine the type of dumb deals they’ll give out with cap space :lol: :smh: …The franchise is rotten to the core, like somebody said the other day there’s no interest in really winning at the top…Team is There for folks to have something to do when it’s cold in the city n take up space on the rest of the leagues schedules

The market isn’t the issue with ATL…The team never had a serious reputation from the rest of the league and even their own fans

Only thing that will actually change that is if they are consistently winning on a high level and fans caring, then big names will want to go there…As we been seeing this past couple years it doesn’t take a “major market” to win or even assemble a squad with big names…KD fled from NYC to Phoenix to try to put another squad together :lol:

Kind of the same issue as Orlando. Those teams have decent history, but they’ll be good for a couple years then fall off fast. Very inconsistent franchises
Yeah we’re solid baseball but in football or basketball it’s either draft or get stuck being mediocre.

Yeah we’re solid baseball but in football or basketball it’s either draft or get stuck being mediocre.
I read that as Orlando...but then was like basketball or football? So you don't count the DC Hockey team?

I moved to Tampa last year. It's wild we don't have a basketball team but Orlando does.

The market isn’t the issue with ATL…The team never had a serious reputation from the rest of the league and even their own fans

Only thing that will actually change that is if they are consistently winning on a high level and fans caring, then big names will want to go there…As we been seeing this past couple years it doesn’t take a “major market” to win or even assemble a squad with big names…KD fled from NYC to Phoenix to try to put another squad together :lol:
KD is different. Dude will basically go anywhere but back to DC at this point for whatever reason.

The fans here only show up when the talent is undeniable. Vick was the last time a player had the city in a chokehold. Even during the Matty Ice Super Bowl run people really only started to rep when they actually made it the SB. Braves attendance was low for the first few years when they left turner field. Doesn’t help that the transient population is dominating so a lot of people show up going for the other team. When I worked for the hawks anytime Boston, LA,L Chicago or NYK came to town the stands were predominantly pro-away.

Unless they get a top 2 pick in some “can’t miss” drafts, the Wiz will find a way to mess those picks up

And I don’t even wanna imagine the type of dumb deals they’ll give out with cap space :lol: :smh: …The franchise is rotten to the core, like somebody said the other day there’s no interest in really winning at the top…Team is There for folks to have something to do when it’s cold in the city n take up space on the rest of the leagues schedules

You aren’t glad the Wizards are finally tanking?

Its the right move.

A year late tho.

I read that as Orlando...but then was like basketball or football? So you don't count the DC Hockey team?

I moved to Tampa last year. It's wild we don't have a basketball team but Orlando does.
I kind of don’t count hockey since they’re a distant 4th in terms of pro sports popularity in most cities with 4 teams. Atlanta lost its hockey team but United is pretty popular, they draw more fans than the Falcons I believe.

Damn, I know Leonsis is still majority owner but you still have no faith with Tommy Sheppard out of the paint and two competent executives in place?

I think the new regime will use the cap space wisely rather than give out stupid deals in the offseason like the old guard. It's not going to happen overnight and it will definitely take some luck but with the new FO and a clean cap there is at least a path to the a decent future.

Back
Top Bottom