The Official NBA Season Thread

Everything coming out of DC since the Winger hire is it's his call unlike before when Leonsis would mettle when Grunfeld and Sheppard were in charge.

I think Winger has what it takes. Just a matter of the appropriate work mixed with luck. DC isn't LA or Miami, but it should be in the second tier of markets in the NBA instead of an afterthought like it has been.

The far bigger issue in Atlanta from a recruiting standpoint is Trae’s peers do not respect him at all :lol:
Facts. The team looks to John Collins more as a leader despite him being wildly inconsistent as a player. Can’t have that from someone viewed as a respectable voice. It’s like Chris Paul, vocal as hell but never actually won so how can you respect it.

Wizards going to be led by Jonnny Davis & Deni Avdija next season?

giphy.gif

You aren’t glad the Wizards are finally tanking?

Its the right move.

A year late tho.

Damn, I know Leonsis is still majority owner but you still have no faith with Tommy Sheppard out of the paint and two competent executives in place?

I think the new regime will use the cap space wisely rather than give out stupid deals in the offseason like the old guard. It's not going to happen overnight and it will definitely take some luck but with the new FO and a clean cap there is at least a path to the a decent future.

This is like the 6th installment of a Wiz rebuild in my lifetime, I have no hope and won’t be paying attention as usual :lol: …Good luck to em tho and I’ll pull up to the Verizon center every now and then to go watch a real franchise

KD is different. Dude will basically go anywhere but back to DC at this point for whatever reason.

The fans here only show up when the talent is undeniable. Vick was the last time a player had the city in a chokehold. Even during the Matty Ice Super Bowl run people really only started to rep when they actually made it the SB. Braves attendance was low for the first few years when they left turner field. Doesn’t help that the transient population is dominating so a lot of people show up going for the other team. When I worked for the hawks anytime Boston, LA,L Chicago or NYK came to town the stands were predominantly pro-away.
The Hawks rarely give a reason for fans in a football state to care about hoops so can’t blame em for how they move…ATL always been a bandwagon sports town anyway, just their culture

The point is it’s not the market affecting the quality of the team, it’s the organization …Same with the Wizards, Magic and all the mediocre at best boring franchises

The far bigger issue in Atlanta from a recruiting standpoint is Trae’s peers do not respect him at all :lol:
Not having any luck in The 19 and 20 drafts was a killer for them…Could have had potential stars without recruiting but ended up with role players (Hunter and Okongwu)

Reactions: OTG
Who was the last big FA the Wizards signed? Theyd have to overpay everyone for the time being.
Nobody…Big names either wanna win or get attention, the Wizards provide neither unfortunately :lol: :smh:

Local dudes that are stars or even solid don’t even wanna play for them, that should tell you enough

Who was the last big FA the Wizards signed? Theyd have to overpay everyone for the time being.

I am proving your point but it was 36 year old Paul Pierce in 2014. Prior to that it was probably 1st Team All Defense Larry Hughes and Multiple Time All-NBA Gilbert Arenas in the early 00s.

I hope this happens. Russ has his flaws, but he's durable and showed me enough during his the time with the Clippers that I think he'd be good to have around as insurance for when Kawhi and PG inevitably miss games.

I'm ok with them re-uniting with CP3, but not really excited about it. The Clippers getting smaller and less athletic, with another guy who's usually banged up by the time the playoffs roll around, wasn't high on my wish list this offeseason. But even the team seems convinced they can't win it all without a traditional PG and CP3 certainly still fits that description, so give it a shot (I guess).

Back
Top Bottom