The Official NBA Season Thread

They goofed letting Maria Taylor go. She shoulda got put in that spot. Malika be putting dudes in a awkward spot where she try to talk down to 'em like they her kids and if you check her you looked at as the bad guy. Stephen A played it real smart when she tried that with him.

I'm not sure any of us can definitively say Malika is throwing her hand up to bring up this stuff,. It's not like this was a comment she made spontaneously duringa debate because she remembered. It was scripted. If Bobby Marks, JJ Redick or Jay Bilas read the same thing then y'all would have called them racist.

ESPN more than likely specifically asks her to broach those topics.

Multiple times huh?

Why they don't give that script to First Take or Get Up or any other show? ESPN just decided this her thing and her thing only?
Yes

Host of these show have a teleprompter in front of them, they have scripts given to them before shows, they have a producer talking in their ear.

You really think everything said by someone on air on ESPN is freestyled?

Other places mentioned it. In draft night someone in here mentioned that someone else said the same thing on the ABC broadcast.

Most of y'all beefs with this someone is her doing her job and reading something, and daring to debate on a debate show.

Everyone in here has a unique perspective and brings value to the thread.

Thank you all.
you-sure-really (2).gif

Yes

Host of these show have a teleprompter in front of them, they have scripts given to them before shows, they have a producer talking in their ear.

You really think everything said by someone on air on ESPN is freestyled?

Other places mentioned it. In draft night someone in here mentioned that someone else said the same thing on the ABC broadcast.

Most of y'all beefs with this someone is her doing her job and reading something, and daring to debate on a debate show.

When did I say everything said is freestyling, who posts you reading? I'm not gonna be naive enough to think every time somebody is accused, not even charged of something whether it's months or a decade ago she the one bringing it up because it's on a script that nobody else is getting.

This stuff ain't have **** to do with the topic.

I don't even know what you talking about saying people got a problem with her "daring to debate" that ain't the issue. :lol:

When did I say everything said is freestyling, who posts you reading?
I am asking you a question. I thought the question mark gave that away.

I'm not gonna be naive enough to think every time somebody is accused, not even charged of something whether it's months or a decade ago she the one bringing it up because it's on a script that nobody else is getting.

This stuff ain't have **** to do with the topic.

It seems like you are though.

Because in these two examples, seems like he is reading off of a script too.

I don't even know what you talking about saying people got a problem with her "daring to debate" that ain't the issue. :lol:

I am referring to the back-and-forth she had with Stephen A. Smith, which seems to be a data point dudes like you that have this grudge against her like to use as an example of her being outta pocket.

ESPN is feeding her these scripts. At most, you can be upset with her agreeing to bring up charges/accusations but best believe if it isn’t her then it would be another black person that y’all would be upset with or a white guy that y’all would call racist.

This is an ESPN thing, not a Malika thing.

The NBA has a lot of black men working in it, in many capacities

ESPN is the biggest network that covers it

Malika Andrews is the host of their main NBA discussion program. And is involved with a lot of other programming involving the league

Black men are regular people, including the ones in the NBA. Like regular dudes, unfortunately, a few of them have made mistakes and done bad things

And the network doesn't want to look like they are glossing over them

Some dudes letting the math of the situation get them upset

This is Disney, in 2023, we are talking about

If Malika Andrews went away, these disclaimers won't stop.

just read and article that said the kings have close to $40 million in cap space after trading richaun holmes... is it worth taking a look at Khris Middleton? would be a big upgrade over barnes

ESPN is feeding her these scripts. At most, you can be upset with her agreeing to bring up charges/accusations but best believe if it isn’t her then it would be another black person that y’all would be upset with or a white guy that y’all would call racist.

This is an ESPN thing, not a Malika thing.

Yeah because it has nothing to do with the topic. Bringing up accusations from 10-15 years is pointless unless you just tryna throw dirt on somebody.

I get it she cute, she pretty we don't wanna criticize her but it is a Malika thing too. She showed that with the Ime situation. She wasn't reading no script.

Back
Top Bottom