The Official NBA Season Thread

94A89C80-F54B-4A1C-9442-CC103330FAB3.jpeg
Incredible package for Blazers all things considered

Does Dame have power to veto?

No, only Bradley Beal has a NTC. He could threaten to not play/sit/say he's unhappy to dissuade Philadelphia or Brooklyn trading for him.

I can't recall the last time a star was dealt soemwhere he didn't want to go and how it panned out, though.

No, only Bradley Beal has a NTC. He could threaten to not play/sit/say he's unhappy to dissuade Philadelphia or Brooklyn trading for him.

I can't recall the last time a star was dealt soemwhere he didn't want to go and how it panned out, though.
Jimmy played good enough I suppose lol

Soooo didn’t Dame NOT wanna form superteams

What would Dame, Butler and Bam be considered?

I don’t care, just playing devils advocate

Also: new cba was suppose to be death of 3 stars model

We got 2.5 of them formed in last 2 weeks (Boston, Miami and Phoenix) lol

Star model will NEVER die

Saw that coming as a Blazer fan. The organization didn’t make any moves to put any bets by him. Most likely they just weren’t there to be made. I do think Dame dropping a hypothetical trade preference teams before the draft worked against the Blazers. Why would teams trade for the number 3 pick when they could wait it out and trade for Dame.

That Grant contract though is now looking worse than it did yesterday, and that is saying something. Way overpaid for a dude that hasn’t even been an all star. Hopefully Blazers can get a good haul from Miami and build around Sharpe, Ant and Scoot. IMO I do think that core could be really good within 2-3 years.

Soooo didn’t Dame NOT wanna form superteams

What would Dame, Butler and Bam be considered?

I don’t care, just playing devils advocate

Also: new cba was suppose to be death of 3 stars model

We got 2.5 of them formed in last 2 weeks (Boston, Miami and Phoenix) lol

Star model will NEVER die

The teams that the new CBA set out to put an end to didn't exist previously, though :lol: GSW and LAC were just massive spenders.

Also, the conversation about the 3 star model is that it isn't all that it's cracked out to be. We saw with Harden-Kyrie-KD (although that is contentious debate because of how they fizzled).

We'll see what happens with Phoenix and Miami. You can get 3 stars under the CBA but it's just a matter of if the rest of the cast around them will be sufficient to win a title.

Back
Top Bottom