The Official NBA Season Thread

If any team could make it work around the margins it's the Heat

But None of those three are particularly healthy & their depth is going to be shot going forward

Barry had this tweet cooking since the season ended :lol: The framework basics:
▪ Herro, Duncan Robinson (who is due $57 million, including $47 million guaranteed over the next three season) and three first-round picks for Lillard. The combined 2023-24 salaries of Herro and Robinson - and Lillard’s salary - are essentially equal. The Heat cannot take back more than 110 percent of the money it trades out. Herro cannot be traded until July 6.

▪ A package built around Herro, Kyle Lowry (who is due to make $29.7 million in the final year of his contract), and three first-round picks. The Heat would need to take back additional money in this scenario.

▪ If the Blazers don’t want to take on Lowry’s or Robinson’s contracts, another package that would work financially would be Herro, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic and Jamie Jaquez Jr. and Haywood Highsmith, plus three first-round picks.

The Heat has two first-round picks available to trade: in 2028 and 2030. But Miami could trade its 2024 first-round pick if the Heat can convince Oklahoma City to allow Miami to change its conditional 2025 pick owed the Thunder to a 2026 unconditional pick. Perhaps that could be done by offering the Thunder a future second-round pick. In that scenario, the Heat could trade first-rounders in 2024, 2028 and 2030. Draft picks cannot be traded more than seven years out, and teams cannot trade their own future first-round picks in two consecutive years.

I wasn't expecting Herro to be in every scenario (He didn't mention Lowry in place of Herro in a trade with Duncan)
I’m asking for Jacques too.

If not, they will have to also take Nurkic

I mean they could do all that but a team wouldn't put themselves in a position like that.

Having a dude making that much money sulking around the locker room makes it impossible to win and what's the point in trading for a 32 year old if you aren't trying to win

Agreed. It was more of a general question than specifically about Dame. The talks about Giannis and Embiid potentially wanting out in coming years has made me wonder on the heels of this Dame situation.

2D76DA29-A9C5-4224-B093-5252A904C054.jpeg

Miami- Dame good friends with Bam
Bkn- Dame good friends with Bridges

Miami- Lowry (expiring), couple picks, Any of the Miamis' younger guys Portland wants, Herro (if they want him, or flip him to a 3rd team). Can take Robinson if they think his contract is an asset that can be flipped. Flip Lowry again when they get him for a young guy and/or picks.

Edit: Portland should want to offload Nurkic too

Last edited:
Same thing said about the Suns last season

Gonna wait to see the rest of the roster before saying that

The suns trade was mid season. Different story.

And with the way the suns surrounded their big 3 with value contracts yesterday, I’d say they’re easily the 2nd best team in the west (or at least the 2nd favorite to win the title other than Denver).

Suns and Heat are both sitting pretty.

Glad this is about to be over. Maybe I'm being a hater, but Dame is not good enough for all this hoopla the last few years. Constantly hearing about how we deserve to see him on a championship contender performing in high stakes playoff games. For what? We've seen him in the playoffs plenty. He's gotten torched multiple times. CJ has outperformed him in some serieses.

Back
Top Bottom