The Official NBA Season Thread

It’s shaedon sharpe time
Scoot and Shaedon on the fast break

ezgif-5-6fe61de423.gif

The teams that the new CBA set out to put an end to didn't exist previously, though :lol: GSW and LAC were just massive spenders.

Also, the conversation about the 3 star model is that it isn't all that it's cracked out to be. We saw with Harden-Kyrie-KD (although that is contentious debate because of how they fizzled).

We'll see what happens with Phoenix and Miami. You can get 3 stars under the CBA but it's just a matter of if the rest of the cast around them will be sufficient to win a title.
2 offensive pillars + 5-6 solidly playable Playoff teammates >

Also, defense

If he really said that he’s trippin and full of 💩

Just say I’m comfortable in Portland and winning rings never mattered to me

He’s one of the few players whose legacy isn’t attached to winning rings

This fake loyalty/being solid or being a “real one” needs to stop. People were disloyal in the past also.

F all that! Jump ship and keep it moving

643FAD35-6A51-4188-95BD-9A0B1C4987A6.gif

C72F1CF1-7D3E-4CF7-AEF8-EFF644F442E9.jpeg

No, only Bradley Beal has a NTC. He could threaten to not play/sit/say he's unhappy to dissuade Philadelphia or Brooklyn trading for him.

I can't recall the last time a star was dealt soemwhere he didn't want to go and how it panned out, though.

No one is giving big assets up for a dude on a supermax who doesn't want to be there.

Dame: “I know I’ve never mentioned it before, but since the NBA draft I’ve realized those Spurs are a swell organization aren’t they!”

No one is giving big assets up for a dude on a supermax who doesn't want to be there.

That would make sense but what is said player's alternative? Sit out and not get paid? Purposefully play poorly and sully his reputation as a professional?

I am now contesting your post btw, I am genuinely curious about how this would work.

Miami has the picks. Miami has a good young player in Herro and Miami has the rookies/2nd year first round pick players to add too.

In the new cba. Will be a great trade for Blazers all things considered.

I know the answer to this but is dame really the best blazer of all time?

Walton won them the finals
Clyde at least took em to the finals.
Dame hit a series winning shot over PG?
If I was a fan and at my age my POV would be Dame because I didn't see that chip and would have barely remembered MJ crushing my soul with Clyde there.

If I was older it'd probably say Walton. Hard to disregard that chip even if you think the other player better and you haven't seen alot of titles as a fanbase

Tbh I think a Dame/Bam/Jimmy big 3 makes them favorites for the title
Dame/Lowry
Richardson/
Butler/
Martin/Jovic/love
Bam/Zeller

Alreadg better than what suns had last year post trade. Vet min guys will flock there now.

Barry had this tweet cooking since the season ended :lol: The framework basics:
▪ Herro, Duncan Robinson (who is due $57 million, including $47 million guaranteed over the next three season) and three first-round picks for Lillard. The combined 2023-24 salaries of Herro and Robinson - and Lillard’s salary - are essentially equal. The Heat cannot take back more than 110 percent of the money it trades out. Herro cannot be traded until July 6.

▪ A package built around Herro, Kyle Lowry (who is due to make $29.7 million in the final year of his contract), and three first-round picks. The Heat would need to take back additional money in this scenario.

▪ If the Blazers don’t want to take on Lowry’s or Robinson’s contracts, another package that would work financially would be Herro, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic and Jamie Jaquez Jr. and Haywood Highsmith, plus three first-round picks.

The Heat has two first-round picks available to trade: in 2028 and 2030. But Miami could trade its 2024 first-round pick if the Heat can convince Oklahoma City to allow Miami to change its conditional 2025 pick owed the Thunder to a 2026 unconditional pick. Perhaps that could be done by offering the Thunder a future second-round pick. In that scenario, the Heat could trade first-rounders in 2024, 2028 and 2030. Draft picks cannot be traded more than seven years out, and teams cannot trade their own future first-round picks in two consecutive years.

I wasn't expecting Herro to be in every scenario (He didn't mention Lowry in place of Herro in a trade with Duncan)

That would make sense but what is said player's alternative? Sit out and not get paid? Purposefully play poorly and sully his reputation as a professional?

I am now contesting your post btw, I am genuinely curious about how this would work.

I mean they could do all that but a team wouldn't put themselves in a position like that.

Having a dude making that much money sulking around the locker room makes it impossible to win and what's the point in trading for a 32 year old if you aren't trying to win

Back
Top Bottom