The Official NBA Season Thread

Crazy the Pistons couldnt even get a 2nd for Killian Hayes

Who's the GM there? Horrible job so far outside of drafting

No idea why Dallas wanted PJ

Great Trade for the Knicks, no 1st either phew
A lot of pod guys really liked pj Washington and would constantly bring him up in the last month for possible trades

He’s not good or something? Mavs can use any talent infusion they can get. It’s not like he’s got a terrible contract either

Most teams are in the take what you can get endgame

I think there is a pretty major disconnect between the idea of PJ Washington and the reality of PJ Washington.

The idea part is that he's a positionless, switchable defender who can stretch the floor from 3 or punish smaller defenders on the block. The reality is he's not particularly good at any of these things and overtly bad at the defensive part in particular, making him sort of a blah jack-of-all-trades who continually frustrated the Hornets.

Charlotte coach Steve Clifford’s comments after a recent loss to the Lakers may have been tagging Washington.

"You know how many guys there are in our league that can average 15 or 16 (points) and are no good? Their team never wins when they're out there, and because they score 15 or 16, they stick around for five or six years," Clifford said.

Washington, I'll remind you, is in his fifth season and averaged 15.7 points a game in 2022-23. His defense, in particular, has been invisible for most of the season; the biggest variable in this trade is whether the Mavs can coax him into being a more active, aware force on this end of the floor.

Needless to say, the Mavericks giving up their only real trade asset — their 2027 first-round pick — just to turn Grant Williams into Washington doesn't feel like a big win to me. I get that Washington has more offensive upside that might prove useful in a playoff game, but again, that's been more theoretical. We're talking about a 35.9 percent career 3-point shooter who doesn't rebound or draw fouls. Williams, meanwhile, shoots 37.8 percent from 3 for his career. I get that Washington has more juice on the ball and in the paint, but his True Shooting marks have been 54.2 and 54.5 the last two seasons.

Needless to say, this is an amazing trade for Charlotte. Grant Williams might have been overrated in Boston, but he's exactly the type of dirty-work guy the Bugs have lacked. To get a very lightly protected first-round pick from Dallas out of it makes this arguably the best trade by the Hornets in the Mitch Kupchak Era.

(Ironically it might also be the last one, but still).

Crazy the Pistons couldnt even get a 2nd for Killian Hayes

Who's the GM there? Horrible job so far outside of drafting
beggars cant be choosy
you know this from experience, man

GFL-6HkWoAEzGAw.jpg

god damm both of these teams lineups were trash

Last edited:
4-5 weeks og will be back on the court probably

i was thinking it could be much worse so i'm ok with this

Think it was Ian Begley that mentioned being more aggressive for Bojan because there were still questions about OG

I guess it turns into a question of what else could the Mavs first round pick get instead of Washington. I’m guessing not much better but with the Mavs luck- who knows

Grant Williams leaving for Washington isn’t anything to cry over at all

Charlotte certainly got a great deal though no doubt

OG news is a little deflating but reinforcements have arrived.

Bojan should be a bench piece when the roster is full health.

He can start tonite if he’s not doing anything else.

OG news is a positive, they'll have him healthy and good to go come playoff time while adding more depth today to navigate the final stretch of the regular season.

It's not like their play has massively dropped off either since he went down.

OG news is a positive, they'll have him healthy and good to go come playoff time while adding more depth today to navigate the final stretch of the regular season.

It's not like their play has massively dropped off either since he went down.

Ease of schedule plus going into the all star break helps big time too

Going to be interesting how NYK juggle their lineup/rotations once fully healthy: Randle, OG, Mitch. Continuity, chemistry is important and needs time to develop

Back
Top Bottom