The Official NBA Season Thread

That raises a question...

:emoji_thinking:

I hate to make assumptions so how many of ya'll warriors "fans" are gonna be warriors fans when Steph retires?? Let's keep it a buck. That will tell us if dudes even care about the future of the team.

I thought it has been acknowledged that NBA fandom is more fluid than ever now in the sense that folks are fans of players as opposed to teams.

It's like folks are mad the Warriors won last year so they took cover all summer and now since they are off to a slow start they are coming out shooting and puffing their chests and celebrating how they goofed on their draft picks, which I am even admitting they fumbled on.

We don't know what would have happen if the Warriors made better moves. But we do know they made the moves they did and won a championship. That is really the end of the story.
who's your team?

It's like folks are mad the Warriors won last year so they took cover all summer and now since they are off to a slow start they are coming out shooting and puffing their chests and celebrating how they goofed on their draft picks, which I am even admitting they fumbled on.

We don't know what would have happen if the Warriors made better moves. But we do know they made the moves they did and won a championship. That is really the end of the story.

I was unjustly forced to take a leave of absence after the Finals. There was no ducking.

WE told yall Klay was washed, WE told yall Wiseman and the young core wasn't it. But no "Lightyears ahead" "No one can compete".

GS and their fans treated last seasons chip completely different than the others cause they know deep down that's the only one they actually earned.

I was unjustly forced to take a leave of absence after the Finals.

3710D84B-625F-4DCF-BDCB-C3B6EB0BF94B.png

who's your team?

I've actually liked the Lakers since I was a kid and Kobe is my #1 if not tied for #1 athlete of all-time :lol: Having said that and somewhat relevant to my prior post, I don't think that should preclude me rooting for Steph because I like him as a basketball player.

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this but I love sports, it's just as I got older I started caring less and less about people's fandom. It has no bearing on my life or impact on the world at large if someone is simultaneously a Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Duke Men's Basketball, South Carolina Women's Basketball and Alabama Football fan. You like what you like and at the end of the day it's just a sports allegiance. It's not like someone being a bandwagon fan means they are betraying their country

Players are real. Teams are a faceless entity. Its not like people are out here not Shopping at Target cause they shop at Walmart

You are spitting that real today :nthat:

Some of y'all take this **** really far

Basically this.

What's crazy?
There’s absolutely nothing that separates Lamelo and makes him a better player than Hali.

The idea that “Hali is nice but Melo is reaching superstar” is crazy. Unless you just care about House of Highlights.

A lower usage player that is an elite shooter and passer, and a good team defender is a better fit for GS than Lamelo.

Both are significantly better than Wiseman though. As would Okongwu have been, as an elite defensive prospect.

Mans thought he was a political prisoner for being a hater. What a time.

I am a hater. However I'm not like some of the weirdos that are allowed to run unchecked making off the wall comments in here about black players. Every take I've ever had I kept it strictly to basketball and satire.

Wardell didn't want Melo to come in and steal some of his shine. That's why they didn't draft him.

What has Wardell ever done to demonstrate that he is overly concerned about getting all of the shine? He willingly "took the backseat" to KD and wasn't even mad. Why would he be upset about a 20 year old kid coming in? And before you say "LaMelo's popularity >>>>> KD's popularity", which may be true, I don't think Steph would care if contributed to winning as we saw with KD. Let's just keep it to facts and not speculation.

What has Wardell ever done to demonstrate that he is overly concerned about getting all of the shine? He willingly "took the backseat" to KD and wasn't even mad. Why would he be upset about a 20 year old kid coming in? And before you say "LaMelo's popularity >>>>> KD's popularity", which may be true, I don't think Steph would care if contributed to winning as we saw with KD. Let's just keep it to facts and not speculation.

no-bugs-bunny.gif

Back
Top Bottom