The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

There’s literally 20+ shows they’ve cancelled that were firing on all Cylinders..
Archive 81 and Messiah are atop that list but don’t forget about

1. Gypsy
2. The Get Down
3. Bloodline
4. MARCO POLO
5. Everything Sucks
6. Seven Seconds
7. Friends from Collge
8. The OA
9. White Lines(a personal favorite of mine/so dope)
10. I’m Not allay with this

That’s just 10 off top.
I know a lot of people liked SENSE8 too.

Man I really wish they finished Messiah. When he started walking on water I was like OH...okay this is interesting.

I just finished the OA.
folks have recommended this show to me over the years....and here seen good feedback....I avoided it because I knew it was canceled.....dont be like me and pass, its still worth it....great show....shame this show doesnt get 20 eps to finish their story but manifest does..... very very well done......i'd say a show like manifest my guess the expense per episode is 2-3 times more $....def got more viewers...but is it really worth it?

Brit Marling is the star of the show but also co-creator/writer.....very interesting women.....she also wrote and stared in "another earth" good movie worth checking out...very emotional

I can def see a book coming out in the future on this.....maybe even a podcast series....

same creaters of the OA have new show called the retreat coming out, Brit, Clive owen, Alice Braga....release date? unknown as of this moment....i'm looking into this

Last edited:
Is yellowstone good? It already has 3 spinoff shows with big name actors.
Its great. Writing is compelling.

I like westerns but I'm more entertained than these white ppl trying to keep land that ain't really there's more than I thought I would've been.

I knew Taylor Sheridan was that dude no matter the show after Mayor of Kingstown though. He's delivering right now with Tulsa King.

I expect 1923 to deliver just like 1883 did (which produced a star actress imo).

Last edited:
I just finished the OA.
folks have recommended this show to me over the years....and here seen good feedback....I avoided it because I knew it was canceled.....dont be like me and pass, its still worth it....great show....shame this show doesnt get 20 eps to finish their story but manifest does..... very very well done......i'd say a show like manifest my guess the expense per episode is 2-3 times more $....def got more viewers...but is it really worth it?

Brit Marling is the star of the show but also co-creator/writer.....very interesting women.....she also wrote and stared in "another earth" good movie worth checking out...very emotional

I can def see a book coming out in the future on this.....maybe even a podcast series....

same creaters of the OA have new show called the retreat coming out, Brit, Clive owen, Alice Braga....release date? unknown as of this moment....i'm looking into this
Brit is definitely a dope Mind for Film
Impressive talent.

Just finished watching the second episode of Wednesday... its pretty legit... I dont want to watch another episode because its late right now in the east coast lol... I will try to binge watch tomorrow though

The OA was greatness. Plus it had Meredith from The Office. Season 2 definitely got a lot more weirder and confusing. Normally I hate that but it stayed interesting and kept me wanting to know what happened next.

The Swimmers is such an awesome film/movie

Really needed that after watching consecutive horrible shows 🤮

The Watcher 🤮
Behind her eyes 🤮
Inside man 🤮

I watched these 3 consecutively (over a few weeks), just such terrible tv. Def check out The Swimmers if you haven’t yet.

I’m halfway thru The Playlist. It’s alright, I think someone in here called it Amazing or something, which it isn’t. It’s interesting though.

Tim Burton a GOAT

very underated

YES, wrapping up Wednesday now....so good! worth a watch
for those that dont know timmy, look up his imdb and check out some of his flicks....he also directed the first 100M+ super hero movie

edit:
whoa hes working on Beetlejuice 2!! :wow:

Last edited:
I got through one episode of 1899. I'm bailing, the **** is bland and the acting is dry as hell. I love history, mystery, and horror too so it's disappointing to say the least.

Just finished Wednesday today.... it was great... I liked the suspense and whatever comedy it had it didnt really make me laugh... Wednesday does have her witty comments though but her dance just made me crack up lol...For some reason the show didnt seem so dark compared to burton movies imo... still a really good show and cant wait for another season

last show that I saw Jenna Ortega. also, was digging the hot sister on that show.

Attachments

• joe-you-netflix-ellie-delilah.jpg
    joe-you-netflix-ellie-delilah.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,712
Just finished Wednesday today.... it was great... I liked the suspense and whatever comedy it had it didnt really make me laugh... Wednesday does have her witty comments though but her dance just made me crack up lol...For some reason the show didnt seem so dark compared to burton movies imo... still a really good show and cant wait for another season

She said for S2 she hopes to explore Wednesdays darker side, instead of being a hero to save everyone from the monster, she wants to be the someone who kills the monster so she can drink its blood. That kinda darkness. :lol:

Tim Burton a GOAT

very underated
It's wild because he did the first 4 episodes of Wednesday and had less control over the second half, which you can kind of notice. Regardless, Netflix got one with Wednesday and I was genuinely surprised by it.

YES, wrapping up Wednesday now....so good! worth a watch
for those that dont know timmy, look up his imdb and check out some of his flicks....he also directed the first 100M+ super hero movie

edit:
whoa hes working on Beetlejuice 2!! :wow:

The Tim Burton disrespect yo, like he some new kid on the block or some rando. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom