The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

If their names are different on IG I may not have found them or never thought to look them up. But Big facts!! I've been lurking since like 00 or 01.. think it was 00 and ended up getting an account by 04 so I remember what it was like a little lol.

When I FIRST found NT I remember not knowing what a message board was and then how technical dudes were about shoes. It took me like 4 posts to understand what shoe someone was talking about. Real Gem back then.. a lot of solid non wearing collectors. I can't imagine what it would be to be where I am now and discovering it back then though!

JB forum was the wild west before we got a showcase forum and the B/S forum was on a million before they put in the no bumping rule :lol:

I learned so much in the early days. Retrokid and Air Rev immediately come to mind.

To follow up on this, a big reason NT was the epicenter for the most knowledgeable folks in the sneaker community, is that in the late 90's/early 2000's aside from about two other places, NT was pretty much the sole place to go for sneaker heads. We were spoiled with the convergence of so many OG knowledgeable heads back then.

My duck camos came in today and I'm not going to lie, I’m kind of let down. I want to like them, I really do, but these don’t quench the thirst I have for the OGs.

I’m still not paying that ticket for them 😂

To follow up on this, a big reason NT was the epicenter for the most knowledgeable folks in the sneaker community, is that in the late 90's/early 2000's aside from about two other places, NT was pretty much the sole place to go for sneaker heads. We were spoiled with the convergence of so many OG knowledgeable heads back then.

I haven’t really thought about it like that in years but it’s absolutely true. NT was THE only place online back then to find legitimate info and people that knew what they were talking about. I remember finding NT after endlessly searching online for really anything. I had just moved to TX from Boston and the scene was so incredibly different. I went from having the OG Concepts in the back of the Tannery to pretty much nothing in Dallas.

To keep it relevant, I remember my hookup from FootAction Dallas had a guy from Asia that used to buy FA exclusives (used to be a thing) in bulk and ship them back. He ended up introducing us and I grabbed a pair of ‘03 infrareds from him. This was pre-HOA pack and anything infrared or similar was incredibly difficult to find in the states.

I went from having the OG Concepts in the back of the Tannery to pretty much nothing in Dallas.

damn you brought it back old school with this!!!!
I remember walking in the Tannery back in my high school days buying whatever I thought was a deal
They were pretty exclusive too with the Buy1Get1 sales.

I went from having the OG Concepts in the back of the Tannery to pretty much nothing in Dallas.

I remember walking in the Tannery back in my high school days buying whatever I thought was a deal

CMB, MA. here. I know the back of the Tannery very well.

When was iss a thing?

ISS started around 2000. They also had forums back then but NT was the best and where the real heads went. In the mid-2000's ISS became the Sole Collector Forums.

Honestly, I don't want to do the old one...

but one thing I'm sure of, when I was 10/11 years old and I took my bike to go see these new amazing Air max 3 sneakers in the window of the french "sport2000" it was infrared that I see... and i have good eyes a good sight lol, nothing to see with orange, i assume and you will never be able to prove me wrong because it's just not possible lol... watch out for images on the internet and photos that can add to the confusion because the color does not reflect the reality...

just my two cents (maybe elsewhere in the world it was different, I don't know... I speak for myself), after that the color to evolve around the original color, sometimes more orange, sometimes more red or pink, yes that's true

edit: otherwise where are the chlorophyls in europe?

Last edited:

Yep! They had such a great setup back then. I was a skate rat that loved kicks in the mid/late 90’s so that place was perfect for me. Jon Roy used to hook it up.

CMB, MA. here. I know the back of the Tannery very well.

ISS started around 2000. They also had forums back then but NT was the best and where the real heads went. In the mid-2000's ISS became the Sole Collector Forums.

Small world. Our paths probably crossed at some point back in the day. I bought too many now considered classic pairs of kicks from them between 97-2004.

Those years seem accurate for ISS. That name used to make me cringe. I remember the first issue of their magazine and finally getting my hands on something relevant other then Slam kicks issues. The next best thing (if not better) was CT and their forums. I remember their version of the WDYWT thread was just incredible. All the euro/JD exclusive AM’s and tons on tough to get made in U.K. NB’s. I miss that site. Gary Warnett was a gem.

My duck camos came in today and I'm not going to lie, I’m kind of let down. I want to like them, I really do, but these don’t quench the thirst I have for the OGs.

I’m still not paying that ticket for them 😂

What size? Throw that oop! lol

Speaking of back in the day, remember these?
1586330960457.jpeg

Im pretty sure they moved the front air bags to the back on the retros

Back
Top Bottom